Chantress info needed

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Hi, does any know (not guessing but know), how much more dmg u do with a baseline chantress DD if u have 20+17 light instead of 20+8 light?

and how much more dmg does a pbaoe do with 50+17 mana instead of 50+8 mana?

and if 46+17 light, 27+17 mana (15% heat debuff) DD does allot more dmg with the chanter SPEC dd? and How much more dmg?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
mage skill up to the level that you're facing reduces variance, if skill level = enemy level there is no variance

if you increase skill over enemy level (so 50 in rvr) you get a very small increase in damage. for 8 points of skill in light i got 18 more damage per nuke, its a small difference but worth it imo.

dropping light skill when you use baseline nuke is just plain stupid, cant give precise numbers but your damagevariance will be a lot worse

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
My enchanter spec is 37 light and 39 mana and I love it, have +11 all magic in template, and got focus bonus on base nuke at rr3+ cuz of 50 composite light then. Of course I only use base nuke then, and get decent resist rate on debuf with mof 2. Haven't played it for months, but I could nuke a helluva lot then without going oop. B.t.w I found out that with 50 composite light, my base dd still varied with up to 4 points. When I got rr4 and 51 composite light spec, no variance, so seems to be same for casters as for tanks with the wyrd spec thing.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Leel said:
My enchanter spec is 37 light and 39 mana and I love it, have +11 all magic in template, and got focus bonus on base nuke at rr3+ cuz of 50 composite light then. Of course I only use base nuke then, and get decent resist rate on debuf with mof 2. Haven't played it for months, but I could nuke a helluva lot then without going oop. B.t.w I found out that with 50 composite light, my base dd still varied with up to 4 points. When I got rr4 and 51 composite light spec, no variance, so seems to be same for casters as for tanks with the wyrd spec thing.

so 37+17 light and 39+17... how much dmg did you do more on a target with ur dd? (heat debuffed)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
mage skill up to the level that you're facing reduces variance, if skill level = enemy level there is no variance

if you increase skill over enemy level (so 50 in rvr) you get a very small increase in damage. for 8 points of skill in light i got 18 more damage per nuke, its a small difference but worth it imo.

dropping light skill when you use baseline nuke is just plain stupid, cant give precise numbers but your damagevariance will be a lot worse

I wasn't talking abut dropping it, I'am seriously thinking about respeccing my chantress, baseline DD drains to much power.

39+17 mana, and 37+17 light, I get yellow debuff then, i use 22pp instead of 33pp. And I was wondering, by speccing this spec instead of using 50 mana 20 light spec, how much more DMG would I do with spec DD*39mana 37 light* instead of baseline DD*50 mana 20 light*

Panzer

Fledgling Freddie
I have been a light chanter on and off for the last few years, and from experience i would say its not worth casting the 15% debuff over an extra nuke. If your desperate use the Zealot pet which casts a nuke with a 15% heat debuff.

And with no debuff, spec DD hits for about 400-450 against targets with 20%ish resists id say, tho this is a gut feel not tested..

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Panzer said:
I have been a light chanter on and off for the last few years, and from experience i would say its not worth casting the 15% debuff over an extra nuke. If your desperate use the Zealot pet which casts a nuke with a 15% heat debuff.

And with no debuff, spec DD hits for about 400-450 against targets with 20%ish resists id say, tho this is a gut feel not tested..

hmm that not good enough :S, my baseline dd with heat debuff hits for 500+

Panzer

Fledgling Freddie
But remember that i will have already hit for 400 by the time you cast a debuff, assuming you hit for 100 more than me, it will take 4 nukes to get to the same damage output, by which time the debuff will probably have worn off.

Ive played with both and apart from vs high resist targets and debuffing for a spec nuke, i dont really see a huge difference in the damage output between a light chanter and a mana chanter, and the light chanter uses way less power.

Having said all of that, i much prefer rvr with my light ment, and the chanter is largely a pve bot now :eek6:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Panzer said:
But remember that i will have already hit for 400 by the time you cast a debuff, assuming you hit for 100 more than me, it will take 4 nukes to get to the same damage output, by which time the debuff will probably have worn off.

Ive played with both and apart from vs high resist targets and debuffing for a spec nuke, i dont really see a huge difference in the damage output between a light chanter and a mana chanter, and the light chanter uses way less power.

Having said all of that, i much prefer rvr with my light ment, and the chanter is largely a pve bot now :eek6:

hehe

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, fyi, my enchanter has never been higher than 40 mana, as it's been a pve bot all the time. I used to be 40 mana, 27 or 28 enchantment for the pet reactive heal proc and 22 or so light for the longest time. It's only after I respeced and toa'ed it up that I got it past 2L4, only 4L3 now anyway, but still.
I have a somewhat weird template of course, using all the ml 10 items, temp is posted on pryd.net on classes section. I normally nuke for 400'ish I think after yellow debuff vs 50% resist targets. Which I reckon is fine as I can keep nuking for quite a while, I don't even have mcl, the jacina charge suits me just fine, but then I have 34% or so powerpool. Also keep in mind that base nuke is 2.6 secs vs 2.8 secs on spec nuke. I really wouldn't go 45 light on chanter, the 37 light, 39 mana seems much better and gives you more utility. You could even go lower light at higher rr, but then you'd only gain the yellow damage shield anyway and lose the yellow ae haste debuff which might be nice vs assist trains. Well, that's the reason I'm 37 light anyway ,for that ae haste debuff. When you got ml 9 pet, the blue damage shield is good enough anyway for pve purposes. I think at low rr, this spec is superior, but the red debuff will rock when you got rr8+ and more mana resources and better variance on base nuke due to +18 light. In short I guess red debuff does more damage faster, but goes quickly out of power which was my main concern really, I really wanted to test how it was with focus bonus on base nuke, and I think it's great.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Stupid thing won't let me edit.

I think I nuke more like 400-450 vs 50% resist targets, but I don't have much in the way of passives, and I don't use tartaros and I only have 5% spell pierce from jacina, so you will nuke for more. Me having 5% pierce and only 2% damage from ml 10 staff and mom 2 and acuity 2 vs you prolly having gov, tartaros and mom 4 and acuity 4 and 10% pierce is quite a big difference i reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom