Chanters in NF

Derwent

Fledgling Freddie
just a question for you guys

I really like to pvp atm im lvling my first hib char which is a lvl 35 chanter atm, but when they 'fix' the line of sight bug with keep defence this is disturbing me a little, it takes alot of advantage away from a pbaoe chanter.... you guys that play chanters can you put your 10 pence worth in and let me know that you do fine without the LOS bug?

I really like my chanter but im wondering if i should stop where i am and start a eld instead.

thanks in advance

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Derwent said:
just a question for you guys

I really like to pvp atm im lvling my first hib char which is a lvl 35 chanter atm, but when they 'fix' the line of sight bug with keep defence this is disturbing me a little, it takes alot of advantage away from a pbaoe chanter.... you guys that play chanters can you put your 10 pence worth in and let me know that you do fine without the LOS bug?

I really like my chanter but im wondering if i should stop where i am and start a eld instead.

thanks in advance

I will prolly get flamed for this once again but...

chanters lack soo much utility as it is now, and will even MORE in NF. All pbaers suffer from the LoS fix. but usaly pbing doors in keepdefences are just a small bit, the deal is settled at lord room nowadays, atleast in this patch (if a fg with 1 pb) is defending. So im not that worried about the LoS fix. We do lose our insta interrupt :flame: in 1.72. Which is a big dissadvantage for the enchanter. As we lack other utility except extreme frontload and interrupting. Frontload comes with the self dps debuff and having 3 relics.

Basicly what we have in NF.

Pbae
Debuff for own baseline dd which will last longer on targets in NF :flame: works well with light eld/menta (fotm in NF)
A verry easy ccable pet, which is tbh quite useless in some parts of the game. (especialy as hib lose gp xD)
Enchantment spec is gimp line so dont think about it, and going light is just stupid as an eld/menta with same dd have so many more usefull spels by the side of it, AE asd debuff and dps debuff does not cut it. So basicly with mana as the only "useful" spec compared to eld and menta you get what I mentioned above, pb, pet and self debuffs.

Many say enchanters have so much utility, but we dont, give some kind of replacement of asd/dps debuffs. Root, low delve mezz, ns, cure mezz, insta stat debuffs, or whatever, something more to do in a fight rather then do damage and interrupt.

As you were asking about enchanters in NF I wont mention about todays patch, but theres alot more to it today. As you have dps debuff which insta interrupts its target (29% resist rate on blue one) (22 light). Which is quite usefull as you as a enchanter can basicly keep 2-4 supports interrupted ;)

Anyway enchanters need their class reworked as their damage is insane (remember with 3 pow relics) but class abilities f0ked. Not to speak about rr5 unique ability. :m00:

pb
debuff for baseline nuke and
and a pet

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
No pb through doors/walls and nerf of asd interupt, chanters are getting nerfed outta usefulness :(

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:
No pb through doors/walls and nerf of asd interupt, chanters are getting nerfed outta usefulness :(

think your refering to the dps debuff, asd was 3 patches ago.
and no not that nerfed. xD

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
So your pb gets nerfed inside keeps, you can still debuff your ranged nukes and stun ppl to stop them moving out of harms way. Your utility in a keep may not be as good as OF but its still better than any tank while you're STILL good in normal non-keep fights.

Had it too good for too long imo

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Rulke said:
So your pb gets nerfed inside keeps, you can still debuff your ranged nukes and stun ppl to stop them moving out of harms way. Your utility in a keep may not be as good as OF but its still better than any tank while you're STILL good in normal non-keep fights.

Had it too good for too long imo

comparing tanks with casters are ya. ok

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
think your refering to the dps debuff, asd was 3 patches ago.
and no not that nerfed. xD

ah yes, i meant dps debuff.

Derwent

Fledgling Freddie
so to sum it all up our usefulness comes lords room and open pvp

Which isnt so bad i suppose... but as you all have said it would be nice to have another useful utility
:flame:

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Stallion said:
comparing tanks with casters are ya. ok
Spamb0t said:

What I meant, and what you would have understood if you weren't too busy crying your eyes out over the loss of the ability to kill people from the safety of the other side of a door, is that you still have plenty of tools for use in keep attacks/defence. Other PBers lose this ability too but they have nowhere near the same ranged capability of the chanter.

Stajj reminds me of wrathofsauron after zerk nerf tbfh

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Agree completetly! Chanters dont losing much with NF and OFC its natural to get nerf about pb wall thing cause simply its not fair pb and get hit people behind a wall o_O

As i have chanters and i know what they have and dont.. they remain still as good and an excellent class to play either pvp either rvr..

And ofc its not only pb and debuff that someone said ( cba to quote)

Its pb,stun,debuff,pet ( even gimp but still pet and plus hot/heal from it)
DD,and dont forget something that most class would beg for it
SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

kkbbthanxs

Mck

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Yesterday I played a Spirit Caba in an Alb set grp. The group is pretty much the best albs can offer atm. Having to play caba and looking back my enchanter I gotta tell ya, Caba > Enchanter in group perspective. Same damage output on range, 25% NS, AEDisease, base dex/str debuff. Recycle pet (pretty much nonstop power). Those 4 abilities made me laugh compared to my pbae. SO much more group utility.

Its quite funny Rulke you compare me to WoS as I dont come here crying about it.. Its just a fact and Im ok with it. Just explaining the situation. :kissit:

with banelords and current ae interrupt system, pbae is nowhere near as good as it was pre ToA. And it will be the same in NF. PbAE is out, range is in. Just look at eld situation, who is stil mana? is concidered gimp imo. Enchanters can only spec mana as its the only spec actully giving something to the group. If you dont want a dmg add bot standing at crim.

basicly if you look at enchanters, what you have is: self debuff for baseline nuke, 4-5 sec stun on 50% of your targets, ccd pet if interrupted, (works to set em to stay at start ánd have a companion nuke), pbae which is rarly used in offensive perspective.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Mckennitt said:
Agree completetly! Chanters dont losing much with NF and OFC its natural to get nerf about pb wall thing cause simply its not fair pb and get hit people behind a wall o_O

As i have chanters and i know what they have and dont.. they remain still as good and an excellent class to play either pvp either rvr..

And ofc its not only pb and debuff that someone said ( cba to quote)

Its pb,stun,debuff,pet ( even gimp but still pet and plus hot/heal from it)
DD,and dont forget something that most class would beg for it
SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

kkbbthanxs

Mck

dont make me fall of my chair agani plz.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
What I meant, and what you would have understood if you weren't too busy crying your eyes out over the loss of the ability to kill people from the safety of the other side of a door, is that you still have plenty of tools for use in keep attacks/defence. Other PBers lose this ability too but they have nowhere near the same ranged capability of the chanter.

Never played an eld then?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
Aye I have. What's elds got to do with this?

When you say 'Other pb'ers' I guess you are talking about other realms pb'ers or perhaps even being sarcastic?. Cause I dont think that holds for mana elds as they have lots of toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom