changing the mp3 music in ythe game

H

hellroar

hey...i tried changing the mp3. music cos some of it sucks....but when i ran the game it damn well downloaded them all again

LMAO

anyone know a way around this

S

SFXman

I have just turned the music in the game off an play my MP3's on shuffle.
I have listened to the game music once during beta for one gaming session and I don't even remember what it sounds like.

O

old.SkeritXP

I forgot, we CAN talk about it in here, can't we?
Hell, this is better then GOA's forum, I love the Alt+S
:)

O

old.Kelmon

Yes, you can change the music in the game if you want to.. you just have to change AFTER the patcher was run, but before your login.

Just write a little script to copy your tracks over the ones used by DAoC (just make sure the filenames are the same). The songlength or bitrate doesn't matter.

Either manually put them back before running DAoC the next time, or wait for the patcher to 'replace' your tracks with the original ones..

Personally, I think it's a lotta work for little gain. You're better off running WinAMP in the background. =)

O

old.Jierdan

It is possible to change the ingame music and sounds or even make new sounds (as they haven't added sounds for every event):
place the music u want in the music-directory (not write over the old ones, give it another name)
edit the CSV-files in the music-directory
place the modified CSV-files in another directory and replace the old ones everytime you start the game (right after the patcher has downloaded the original ones), you can write a .bat-file for this.

Lots of work every time…

This has been done before (there is an unofficial soundpack), but is a big question whether or not it’s against the CoC to change the in-game music and/or sounds.

EDIT : someone was faster than me. Gotta learn to type faster...

O

old.SkeritXP

I don't think he wants this solution, I think it's better to get that security off, hmmm, won't the patcher have problems then?
Why can't we just skip to the login?
Hmm, I can try that :)

O

old.Jierdan

Hmmm, I don’t think it’s possible. It’s some kind of security so you can’t (easily) modify the client versions of DaoC.

O

old.SkeritXP

I think they made it very hard, anyway.
I would love to get that Alt-tab protection out!
Not to cheat (deactivation of acount) but to not constantly exit and reopen when I just gotte download something.

D

dozigden

Well everyone asks for the alt-tab disable thing - I think the easiest thing is just to have 2 PCs (not the cheapest admitedly)

S

Seyrcim

Just get one of those 'leet' keyboards with a few extra buttons on, (logitech f.ex). They can usually be used with winamp rightaway with no changes at all. I din't have to do anything to get my keyboard working =)

B

Brinx

Alternatively, if you just want to play MP3's as someone mentioned above, Sneakyamp is a pretty class program. Allows you to enter custom key commands to control winamp from within any program (including daoc obviously). Worth a look anyway.

H

hellroar

nice tips thanks....game is soo much better with custom music..

incidentally wot do u guys play?

i got stuff from err..shenmue and lotr playing!

S

SFXman

The game is the best when you just play music on winamp. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom