Changing realm?

Painz

Fledgling Freddie
Today i deleted my chars on alb/pryd (just some 20's) to go mid/pryd. When i had deleted the chars and relogged to pryd i dident get the "chose realm" screen but insted i got the old char selection screen and could only create alb?

How come i cant change my realm?

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
dunno some bollox about cant do it after clustering... rip off tbh cos anyone that deletes a set of charcs will have to delete all charcs on both excal an pry then u can pick a new realm. all new people to pry/excal will also only get to choose one realm for that server cluster. all the old folks that have different realm on excal to their pry choice will get to keep it that way. meaning some get a better deal then others even tho we all pay the same amount.

Painz

Fledgling Freddie
:eek7: damn,, well... what can i say :eek2: ! You must could message goa and make them change the realm?

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
nah they dont seem to care bout silly stuff like makin customers happy.
someone i know deleted all their pry charcs then found they couldnt change realm - all they had to say was u will have to delete all ur excal charcs too to change realm an we cant restore the stuff u deleted already if u changed ur mind an want it back, sry u shoulda read the notes.. :eek7:

Painz

Fledgling Freddie
well that seems really,,, wierd? There is no idea in that? Now i really wanna roll some mid class, but cant, then ill have to roll it on some german or french cluster? :p. guess ill have to roll some alb and zerg with them instead :p.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
its impossibe to do that u see. not to make your lives hell. evry one knew that this will happen. where u, by eny chance, inactive from gave when cluster came?? if not. your own fault u didnt read the news... it was spoke all over FH million times.. + goa staff told ppl that this thing is comeing so better make your choises now and so on.

self owned

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
evry one knew that this will happen
well i guess that aint true cos the post wouldnt be here if that was the case..
besides is there any need to be that rude to him about it?
would it have been to hard for em to do an email or make it come up in a window when u go to delete sayin ' u wont be able to change realm now blah blah' to save folks deleting a bunch of charcs for no reason?
chillax n get a beer or summit :drink:

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
well tbh, u should always read the notes/news from goa so u dont end up with problems like this....
and also its not goa just being a dick and saying..nope afer cluster u cant do it..we win!
its coz u physically cant, its the way the servers are " clustered " .. afaik in the future the servers will be merged, and we might just be able to change realm then..but dont count on it coz again, its the way the system is setup and goa cant help it...coz its the only way that 'kind of' works :p

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
nothing is impossible!

Prime example is the 8th char slot thing ages ago...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
what chars have you got on excal? might have to delete them too.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
In the gaming industry, "impossible" is the synonym for "hell, that´s an awful lot of work and might even cause a problem or two".

:)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
In the gaming industry, "impossible" is the synonym for "hell, that´s an awful lot of work and might even cause a problem or two".

:)
Lol :clap:

But yeah that's basically what it comes down to. Originally I think the idea was to prevent crossrealming (rp farming etc) as much as possible, but now it's clear that this happens very rarely if all amongst the many of us with 2 realms anyway, I think GOA should really get rid of this limitation.

Things

Fledgling Freddie
i tried to change about 2 days after the cluster started.

im sick of my realm now and fancy a change, only problem is, im now stuck to either deleting all my 50's and starting again, meaning i cant go back if im not happy with what i did...

or

play PVP server, which tbh is full of french (no offence but it pisses me off when im getting spamed /tells in french)

or

play classic, ok theres not much diffence between this and normal, only toa and a few other tweeks, but i like toa at times :eek7:

and last of all, roll on french/german servers... which theres no point in because my french sucks and my german is very rusty, and even at its best its crap :touch:

no point in GOA making another normal server as the amount of players on the server wont be high enough for good rvr...

noblok

Part of the furniture
Could it have been the log-out timer? If I'm not mistaken you still have to wait an hour to switch realms after logging out.

Maelstar

Fledgling Freddie
No you cant do it at all, Excal and Prydwen act like 1 server now. If you had Excal and Pryd on different realms before cluster then your lucky, of not then it's just one of the draw backs of cluster.

Cant have something good without getting something bad in return

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom