Changing Item Names....

R

RD_MuDgEtH

Has anyone noticed items in their backpack changing their names?

Yesterday I kinda thought it had happened to some mail gloves that i got, yet when I checked them later on, they had a *luminous* in front of their name. To prove it, I had a mate give me an item without a description (eg luminous), and then check the item later on....

Before
Just some normal Rejuvinating mail Gloves....

After
Some luminousRejuvinating Mail Gloves....
(The image is broken, but it's enough to see the name, and they are the same item)

Is it just me, or is this wierd?

M

Molten Lava

hmm

I think it also happens when you SC crafted items...I once got bow crafted and sc'd and it got a name something like Speedy Speedy Speedy Speedy bow....after a relog the name changed to the good name I think..

R

ReaLX

I thought I had read in some patchnotes that it has to do with the quality of the item etc.... I might be wrong though...

I

ilienwyn

some items of the old wrold has an increase in quality last patch.
Usually the stuff existing from before get those luminous etc weird names.

B

Bellona

You cannot trust the name of an dropped item before you have relogged, or zoned, so dont fall in love with it at first sight :D

Z

zlair

hell, my two sc'ed MP long dirks has the boring name of 'long dirk' :(

B

bob007

If you proc then spell craft an items you end up with boring name like "Long Dirk" but.. If you spell craft then proc an item You should get cool sounding name :p

B

Brunore

Originally posted by bob007
If you proc then spell craft an items you end up with boring name like "Long Dirk" but.. If you spell craft then proc an item You should get cool sounding name :p

Yup, I got a Crackling Cleaver :)

D

DeaD GuRu

the names change to a standerd list type, as with the unique drops. illuminous, trustbender, spiritbender all are used to classifie the items to their major stat

L

Luv_Bunny

euhm, could it be that the part that's added after relog/zone is the piece for the enchantment/bonus?

Y

-yoda-

my staffs changed name also :( two different speed staffs , diffrent sc setup o each and now i have to clik it to check which im using ;(

A

adari

i had a Speedy Speedy Speedy Speedy Speedy Speedy Speedy Speedy dagger but that changed as i logged in

B

Bellona

hmm.. let me guess that this dagger has a spd at 0.1 ? :D

M

mestoph

Its all down to forced character checks. When you zone it forces a check on everything. I'm guessing when you get a drop the item is just contructed and the biggest bonus is applied to the name ignoring an enchantment bonus, when you zone it fixes this. When you SC something it just assigns all of the flags for gems imbued and then sorts it when its reloaded. At first glance this is very memory intensive, but in the long run it allows you to fix items that are live as everything is checked at login and no new process needs to be started. Btw, when they first put in SC'ing, they did miss one of the checks due to it being done this way. And if you enchanted an item after it was crafted without a save or zone it would increase the imbue points of the item to the level of the player enchanting it. My mate has a set of AF60 Plate, that has the imbues of 28pts as if it was AF102 plate, that i did him (tailored to paladin).

K

kirennia

tihi, still no item name beats my 'Chain of the romantic hero' :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom