Changes to Public UT CTF Map Rotations

O

old.Kez

How do the shamblee BW UTCTF players feel about Diamond sword? Its a stupidly successful map on Wireplague.

just some Questions :)

O

old.Mig

Alternative Download place: http://www.unreality.org/files
make a search for orbital....

About Diamond Sword:
I don't like it, which is normal since i don't like "too much open" and big Maps.

=[SK]=Mig

B

bennyboy

OK, the new map rotation is live... news item coming up shortly.

Benny

O

old.Gator

When trying the ftp download link in the main post above, my browser is saying that Netscape cannot set ftp transfer mode with this server- contact admin.....Help...please.
I'm using an imac + OS9.04/Netscape communicator 4.7/256k leased line

O

old.Kez

yer, I personally didn't like it much either, but its very face-esque, and most UT CTFers like face (why? its a wank map ;))

O

old.[Ghost]Ian

It's probably popular as it is very similar in design to Face.

It's a bit of a nightmare to defend on, far too easy to get away with the flag which usually results in a lot of stalemate situations, which can be fun.

I quite like it, but then again i tend to play in attack most of the time. :)

O

old.Ian

What a steal! Can't believe no-one has registered this name before. :)

O

old.Mig

I don't Like Face Kez.
A while ago I asked for face to be put in BW publics because it always show's up in the league map's (my clan has "2 Week's" of face in this season), but I really don't like the map.

O

old.Jools

Diamond -Sword - one totally unoriginal question - Why are 90% of the fecking portals back to front?
not a bad map really but the fecking designer made suck a good job of the whole map he must have left putting the fecking portals in until the friday night return from the pub and a post lager curry.

The roof portal - geez man i get claustrophobia appearring in that fecking tiny space - keep doing it with all guns blazing. you know when im paying that map cos you see this a lot:

=[SK]=Jools (roof) killed his dumb self

fecking map - put ctf-nucleus on -thats a nice tight map for a league - ppl get used to it quickly.

------------------
Um, sorry wrong universe

D

Danzanti6

I'll be interested to see how Hydro works on your servers, when I've tried it the server occupancy levels always tailed off when it's in the map list- the same with all of the bonus pack ctf maps.

It's one of these maps that people only like when busy, and when the player levels drop down low on it, it never seems to recover.

/me stops before I gives away too much ;)

O

old.Kez

'nuff said, most of the UT CTF maps are wank really, stupid asymmetrical bollocks, proper CTF maps are symmetrical.

and I can't spell :( :rolleyes:

O

old.Mig

symmetrical map's are my favourites to.
Nucleus is a vey nice map, not to big (recomended players 6-12) and symetrical, besides ,everbody should have Inoxx pack by now.
=[SK]=Mig

[This message has been edited by Mig (edited 17 August 2000).]

O

old.Kez

QW CTF was the best version of ctf to date, nuff said :)

tho there have been better maps since.

infact, QW was the best fullstop.

O

old.Ian

How the hell did you manage to get a UT column on here? :p

[This message has been edited by Ian (edited 19 August 2000).]

O

old.Kez

I dunno, ask someone else :D

well, the general idea was I played UT, but went on a break soon after getting the column (m33p), and found Q3 to be enjoyable in a less spammy enviroment (albeit the LPB rail cunt0rs annoy me lots)

now I've installed QW coz we were talking bout it in Q3.uk

I still have UT installed, if only due to shambling the adminning right up.

the end.

O

old.LittleFlower

Don't like Diamond Sword. On the Demon NL server I see many people leave when it comes on. I agree with the person who said it is too easy to get away with the flag. Defense is a nightmare. And therefor nobody wants to defend. Usually a lot of stupid snipers too.

If you want a good custom CTF map: use CTF-McSwartzly][ !!! That map rocks. As soon as is plays on Demon NL, the server fills to maximum players. And the games are always fun.

O

old.Mig

Maybe some more maps changes on publics would be nice, like take that Cybrosis Map out and put Nucleus or Eternal or something.

I have already played CTF-McSwartzly][, it rocks.
=[SK]=Mig

[This message has been edited by Mig (edited 27 August 2000).]

O

old.Rasczak_UK

I agree with Mig - Nucleus is a good map - it would be good to have it on the Public CTF servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom