changes I've notice with my Cleric since the patch.

D

danskmacabre

Since the patch I've noticed the following changes..

1: I heal better, which is cool

2: I draw aggro a LOT more easily, which is probably due to my increased heal ability. But it's a real pain in the butt, even with my weakest heal, I still draw aggro dead easily.

3: The Lyonesse gobbos can no longer be chained.
No big deal there really.

4: The trees around lyonesse look different since the patch.
But only from a distance.

O

old.LandShark

don't worry, your nerf hasn't been forgotten :/
Next patch.
Gentlemen, start your alts...

O

old.Revz

What changed with healing in this patch? I can't say I've noticed anything different apart from some nice effect from my new RA. Having said that I didn't really get a chance to test things last night properly.

The major thing I've seen is crit healing people with wild healing :) Very useful and doesn't draw any extra aggro as far as I know.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.LandShark
don't worry, your nerf hasn't been forgotten :/
Next patch.
Gentlemen, start your alts...

Yeah I know..
The combined 1.51/1.52 patch nerfs (gimps?) Clerics.
But mostly only if you're a smite cleric, which I'm not.(I'm a Rejuv cleric)
So I'll be more or less ok.

And when I get the respec, I'll just remove the smite ability I DO have and put it into Enhanc.

After saying that, I've been working on an Armsman alt lately, which is cool.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.Revz
What changed with healing in this patch?

I read briefly, the healing had been inproved somehow.
But I'm just going by what I've noticed when I heal ppl.

F

Flimgoblin

Major healing changes are next patch....

The main grumble the clerics have is their pbaoe mezz gets reduced from 1m (or 10 second or whatever the timer is now) to five minutes.

Could be worse, you could have a single target easily resistable spell, cast every 30m ;)

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Fingoniel
Major healing changes are next patch....
The specifically HEALING changes are improvements aren't they?

The main grumble the clerics have is their pbaoe mezz gets reduced from 1m (or 10 second or whatever the timer is now) to five minutes.
Could be worse, you could have a single target easily resistable spell, cast every 30m ;)

I have the mezz, but hardly ever use it.
and by that time, I'll have 0 points in Smite.

O

old.Revz

The mez is one of your most versatile and useful spells. I could actually understand the smite nerf was it not for the fact that they put that life saving, group enhancing mez on a 5 minute timer.

In combination with stun I've done sole healing and CC for a tree group before now. It has saved my life and also my group mates lives (because I can carry on healing with a large tank mezzed next to me) more times than I care to mention in RvR. With it alone you can almost guarantee never to lose 1v1, you can catch that dwarf who is sprinting away when stopping to cast your (crap range) stun would let him get away and so on.

D

danskmacabre

Well, I haven't really played RvR at all.
So, never had much use for it.

I used it once it DF when some mid was chasing me after they took DF.
So yeah, it was kinda useful then I guess.

O

old.Revz

It is extremely good in PvE too. As I said, sole CC for a tree group and healing as well (admittedly you would have to be 49/50 for that to work). Dealing with mez resists from your main CC (if you even have one which you don't actually need if you have a cleric with a decent mez timer). Your mez and stun turn you into a much more efficient cleric because instead of healing the damage you can just prevent it in the first place.

J

Jupitus

Going off at a bit of a tangent, but confirming what Gideon's saying here - I played alot of levels with good old drunken Padre, and he has had to endure having a mad, paper-armoured infil acting like a tank in a great many groups. He would swear by the use of the stun to prevent damage rather than just heal, heal, heal, and I have no doubt he's kept me alive alot more that way than if he hadn't.

<dedicates this post to the one and only drunken cleric, Padre Morsmortis>

:clap:

D

danskmacabre

I understand what you're saying here,
But quite often the damage is flying thick and fast across the whole group, So I concentrating on healing ppl most of the time (especially if I'm the only healer, which is most of the time.)

Another thing is, I'm usuallu standing way back out of the combat to see what they're hiting or not hitting and what to stun or mess or whatever.
And usually they have a mezzer/rooter in the group to do all that anyway.

And I fon't solo that much...(maybe 20% of the time I guess).

But I'll try out your suggestions out this week sometime anyway.

:)

T

Tigerius

Agreed, the mez nerf is a bit much. Not only does it as PBAoE get hit by area mez nerf already, not only does it get hit by determination and resists on a already short duration...

Healing in RvR can be cool, but this nerf makes us entirely unable to fend off anyone targeting the poor healer. Once someone zero's in on me all I can do is let the group die and either run in circles shouting, or whip out my crazy mace that unspecced is so good it warranted a DD nerf :)

D

danskmacabre

Well, I still will like my Cleric after all the nerfs.
But mostly coz I worked him up to 34th level now.
And it is a pretty social char to run. More time for chatting with a Cleric.
Had I not had him and was considering a cleric now.
I probably would not bother, given the nerfs that are coming up.

F

Flimgoblin

Maybe that 'being able to do everything' is something to do with the reason for the nerf... ;)

you can still use it 1v1 to catch that person running off... just only once every 5m

"sole CC for a tree group and healing as well"

Clerics weren't meant to be crowd control... it's a get out of jail free card...

Sucks to be nerfed I agree... :( but there's more than just your class in the game :(

Also, the stun wasn't changed...

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Fingoniel

Sucks to be nerfed I agree... :( but there's more than just your class in the game :(

Well, I saw these nerfs coming some time ago, so I'm not THAT traumatised about it.
And, as posted before, I never really used Smite that much anyway, except to pull creatures.

Even if the nerfs DO end up ruining my CLeric's playability, I won't stop playing DAOC, just play another class.
I have my 16th lvl Armsman I can lvl up.
I'm pretty sure they're not getting nerfed in the near future.
Kinda thinking of starting a sorc as well and deleting my wizzie.

K

Keri

I feel a little better about my baby cleric now. I stopped playing her for the last week or so, because I was getting tired of people laughing at me when I said I was not going to put a single point into smite. I guess I just had to wait for other people to get smart and realise what I did when I created her:

CLERICS ARE HEALERS!!

When Wizards start healing, then my cleric will start speccing in smite. Until then, she will keep doing what she does best. :D

S

svartalf

Originally posted by Keri
I feel a little better about my baby cleric now. I stopped playing her for the last week or so, because I was getting tired of people laughing at me when I said I was not going to put a single point into smite. I guess I just had to wait for other people to get smart and realise what I did when I created her:

CLERICS ARE HEALERS!!

When Wizards start healing, then my cleric will start speccing in smite. Until then, she will keep doing what she does best. :D

OMG! An alb who's not not a L337uberscumbag! You ain't gonna fit in.. they don't like strangers round these parts...

(that's a compliment, btw)

T

Turamber

Svartalf, Leader of the "Albion is Overpowered" community of deluded individuals...

C

cerindra

quote:

"OMG! An alb who's not not a L337uberscumbag! You ain't gonna fit in.. they don't like strangers round these parts..."

quote:

Keri - Lvl 45 Bard - Excalibur
Kheri - Lvl 2x Ranger
<Legends of Camelot>

Kherri - Baby Cleric - Prydwen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hmm...i wouldnt call that an alb, this is my first post, and i wasnt going to register but people have been so mis informed about clerics, we are not "wizards in chain", if you took the time to play/research the character you would see this but you think "oohh thats a albion character NERF NERF NERF"
look at the clerics report for this month (sorry dont have a link) for the US version, i learnt from it and ive had a 50 cleric for a long time.

i wish people would just realise this is a game and not some huge war.
its to have fun and not to complain blah blah is overpowered without looking into it first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom