Champion Quests

Airbiskit

Fledgling Freddie
Without doing the CO5 quest, can one gain champion level 3 through the champion quest given by the King. i.e. to you gain enough experience from the first parts of the quest to gain level 3?

RvR is quick to gain champion levels but for some characters I need the weapon to finish my templates. I dont fancy killing mob after mob to gain levels. Is there a quick way to get the weapon through questing?

Many thanks in advance for guidance.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
You can do the lvl 30 and 40 parts of the champion quest and you recieve the weapon at the start of the level 50 quest.

You will get the weapon with all its stats but it wont have abilitys (power charge on staffs etc...) till you either complete CO5 or have enough champ exp to get to cl5.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
When lotm comes out you can do a new set of Champ level quests. Instead of an item they give you lots of champ level xp (about 5 baubs per step) + money ... lots of money around 1.6 plat to 3 plat a quest. Best thing is you can chose a PvE option or a RvR option (ie kill 8 players) so you can basicly run round PvPing and get champ level 5 and 4.8 plat roughly by the end of the second set of champ quests.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
When lotm comes out you can do a new set of Champ level quests. Instead of an item they give you lots of champ level xp (about 5 baubs per step) + money ... lots of money around 1.6 plat to 3 plat a quest. Best thing is you can chose a PvE option or a RvR option (ie kill 8 players) so you can basicly run round PvPing and get champ level 5 and 4.8 plat roughly by the end of the second set of champ quests.

are they hard?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Airbiskit said:
Without doing the CO5 quest, can one gain champion level 3 through the champion quest given by the King. i.e. to you gain enough experience from the first parts of the quest to gain level 3?

RvR is quick to gain champion levels but for some characters I need the weapon to finish my templates. I dont fancy killing mob after mob to gain levels. Is there a quick way to get the weapon through questing?

Many thanks in advance for guidance.
You don't get the weapon at CL3. You have two choices:
1: Don't do the quests, just run around and PvE/RvR till you are CL5 then the King will give you a Champ weapon with all the abilities unlocked.
2: Do all the quests up to Co5. As soon as you start that quest you get given the Champ weapon but without the locked abilities. It doesn't matter what Champ level you are, you'll still get the weapon at that step (note: the champion XP for all the quests before Co5 is pretty poor. You'll only have about 3-5 bubbles unless you've done a lot of post 50 XPing already.) Once you have the weapon this way you can either finish the Inferno quest (Co5+final boss) to unlock the abilities or you can just hang onto it and wait till you ding CL5 through RvR/PvE at which point you can go to the King and get the weapon unlocked.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
You don't get the weapon at CL3. You have two choices:
1: Don't do the quests, just run around and PvE/RvR till you are CL5 then the King will give you a Champ weapon with all the abilities unlocked.
2: Do all the quests up to Co5. As soon as you start that quest you get given the Champ weapon but without the locked abilities. It doesn't matter what Champ level you are, you'll still get the weapon at that step (note: the champion XP for all the quests before Co5 is pretty poor. You'll only have about 3-5 bubbles unless you've done a lot of post 50 XPing already.) Once you have the weapon this way you can either finish the Inferno quest (Co5+final boss) to unlock the abilities or you can just hang onto it and wait till you ding CL5 through RvR/PvE at which point you can go to the King and get the weapon unlocked.

you cant get the /use2 via clxp alone...

but tbh... its useless, there on the same timer... unless ofc your one of the few class's that get the 5% resist
but still the /use2 for most class's suck so your not loosing much

the ability you get at cl3 is the wielding of differant types of weapons... like a sword and shield(but useless if your a tank)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
you cant get the /use2 via clxp alone...

Hmm, I'm sure my wizard did. Though as you say, for most classes it's the first ability, rather than the second, that is important.

You get weapon at CL5 (after talking to the king/weaponmaster) or at start of the third champ quest.
You get first ability at CL5 (after talking to the king/weaponmaster) or after killing all 5 of the Circle of Five whilst on the relevant bit of the third champ quest.
You get second ability at CL5 (after talking to the king/weaponmastger) or after killing Azazel whilst on the relevant bit of the third champ quest.

My current strategy is to do the first two quests before 50, to get the weapon at 50, and also get all my artifacts activated. Then, kill the circle of five on a raid, which will give the artifacts quite a lot of training. Then I don't bother with Azazel, as the rest comes pretty quickly in RvR.

Darzil

Airbiskit

Fledgling Freddie
Thats cleared up my questions...thanks for all your replies and help.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
are they hard?
If you pick the PvP options and just do them while you run round the lab then they are very easy.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
u get the CW after completly chapter 2 (the lvl 40 bit) you get it fully unlocked when you get cl 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom