Challenge for the spellcrafters

Z

zotteke

k, as most tanks, im going for 42 shield... now im planning to get RR3 soon, so all i need is a large shield to cover for the remaining 6 lvls.

I know a lvl 51 shield can easily have +6 shield, so i want to get more :D

I duno whats cheapest: get 19 points dex on it, or 10 dex, and 10 con..

Both are a bit risky (around 50/50 for 1K SC), so i would like your feedback/price/suggestions on this matter.

Gortak : lvl 43 paladin

Z

zotteke

forgot 1 thing

... can u make the bloody thing proc too?

i mean a heal/af buff/hp regen on it, and what price would that then be?

(really going for the ultimate shield)

O

old.Ramas

It can proc, but you need an alchemist to make it so.

I general you are better off spreading stats out across multiple items (cheaper that way).

So assuming you have a 99% shield, you have 28pts.

That could get you....

+4 shield
+19 dex
+19 con
+1 slash

or...

+4 shield
+13 dex
+13 con
+5% resist of your choice

then you can put the other +2 shield on other items.

If you insist on +6 shield you'd finish with something like...

+6 shield
+4 dex
+4 con
+1 slash

Which is much less efficient.

The problem is that the imbuing formula doubles the cost of the most powerful gem you put on an item. Putting a +6 skill on an item will take up 25 of the 28 imbue points on a level 51 99% item.

Z

zotteke

Hm, idd, thnx for the warning.

Might just go for this:

Magical Bonuses:
- Shield: 4
- Constitution: 19
- Dexterity: 19
- Parry: 1

... what would the price be for this?

T

Tilda

cost price for the gems and 100 gold from me :)

Tilda

P

pacific

hi, (i am Zigomare)

hehe you want a challenge.......I love Challenges ;)

buy u a shield lvl 51 99%quality and i ll make u for free:

+6 shield
+10dex
+10 con
+12 hits

thats an overcharge +5....

Let s see if i will explode ;)

are u intrested with the challenge? or you havent balls ;)

any WC intrested by the challenge for offer him a shield? :)

M

mid_Efour

Originally posted by Tilda
cost price for the gems and 100 gold from me :)

Tilda

is this the prices people are really trying t charge? or is she taking the piss?

O

old.Ramas

Gems + 100 gold is normal (though people are still finding their feet on what exactly to charge). And cheap considering the 15plat cost of getting to SC LGM.

100 gold is the profit you can make on 7 diamonds from DF using /salvage (or 10 diamonds if you don't have a skilled mundane crafter). So it's not unreasonable to ask for that level of profit for running about cam crafting 4 objects, meeting with the customer and then imbuing the item.

And I assume Zotteke will also want the shield enchanted.

Of course if you can do it cheaper...

T

Tilda

that 100+ gold is what i generally ask on a lvl 50 imbue/ set of imbues, to pay me for my time, setting the gems up, skilling up etc.

Im thinking about working out a scale dependent on your level, do mabey

level times 1.25 + gem price = total price

but tbh im not sure, i will repost prices when im sure.
Whats difficult is making is low enough for low levels who are low on cash, so mabey ill do wepons under lvl 20 for cost price.
alternativly i may do them all for cost price and just ask for a tip, after all, its all helping Albion as a whole.
Mabey we need a system of comunism where everybody gets everything for free ? ... i digress.

Ill repost when ive finalised them, and im thinking about a special offer with co-operative Alc's so if you get armour imbued by me, some Alc will do prcs on it cheap.

[side note]
lol get SC from TIlda, get Alc from lomald half price, only 2 plat there then :)
[/side note]

Tilda

Z

zotteke

look, im lvl 43 and saved a lot lately, but that doesnt mean i wanna lose it all on 1 crummy shield ;)

pacific 's shield will sure be good, but i dont know if the SC wants to blow up that much, lol

... seems like its harder to get a 99% qual, 51 shield made for u, than to get decent advice on the SC. So if any crafter is listening, tell ur price too plz.

Im having trouble locating good weaponcrafters ingame.

P

pacific

anyway :(, you had 50% chance ;)---> my 100% gems will go for an other guy

good luck ;)

Z

zotteke

k, i had my shield made... but the crafter couldnt not make the 'Faceted' gems yet(... i believe the crafter had aroun 540 SC), so i had to change it to this :

Shield +4
dex +16
con +16
slash +2

... now that would work just fine, if not the crafter accidently made a slash +3. Without telling her that the spell-o-matic said "BOOM!", i just let her combine.

... and she succeeded... so i guess u cant take that calculator to serious! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom