Celeron 2.0Ghz or AthlonXP PR2100+

• Thread starter old.LittleDwarf
  • Start date
O

old.LittleDwarf

Well new stuff arrived about half an hour ago so now I'm ready to stick it all together - just had a few practices at putting the heatsink on and strangely it's quite easy - guess i just found the ideal screwdiver.
Now time to pray nothing screws up along the way. :)

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Will.
They aren't. There wasn't any 333A either.

But the mobo I meant was the Abit nForce2.

Actually VIA have put the KT400A back on its roadmap, the KT400 doesn't officially support DDR400 and while samples will be produced of the KT400A it hasn't been decided whether it will end up being mass produced.

I have my doubts its worth it, both the KT133 and KT266 need A revisions because the originals had some serious problems where as the KT333 had no real problems neither does the KT400, although as pointed out it doesn't officially support DDR400.

nForce2 is very good although you really want to use the Dual-DDR feature if you get one.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by old.LittleDwarf
Well new stuff arrived about half an hour ago so now I'm ready to stick it all together - just had a few practices at putting the heatsink on and strangely it's quite easy - guess i just found the ideal screwdiver.
Now time to pray nothing screws up along the way. :)

how did it go?

O

old.LittleDwarf

Originally posted by Testin da Cable

how did it go?

All ok thanks - no problems at all :clap:

Just trying to work out temps the cpu should be running at atm.
System is at 47c and CPU is at 52c - not sure what the core temprature of the cpu should be though.

O

old.LittleDwarf

Yeah I ran Q3 in the background and those are the temps I get - system one seems a tad high - only bought one case fan though still got room for 3 more, not use to my pc being loud though i only had the cpu fan in my last pc (and the psu fan of course).
May need to buy more fans but the cpu temp I'm not really sure what it should actually be.

Just remembered it's a Dragon case so there is a fan on the side of the case to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom