CD Key Problem

Clackie

Fledgling Freddie
I bought the DaoC+SI+ToA pack at the weekend and installed it. It's my first time on so I created a new account and filled in all the details. I was told I'd receive an email with passwords to subscribe to the game. This is the email I received:

"Your subscription failed because the provided cdkey is already burned. Please
try again with a new cdkey!"

I tried to register a couple more times in case I'd typed in the wrong code - same email came back. What's this all about? The game was brand new in a sealed box. It was also the last copy so I can't exchange it for another CD Key. I emailed subscription@goa.com but they haven't replied yet.

This is frustrating cos I was looking forward to playing this game.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Exchange it for another set may be better since thats what they will tell you to do anyway

Clackie

Fledgling Freddie
I know, Daedalus. Very strange email. I think its an automated reply - I tried to register 3 times and the same reply came back. But it makes no sense and doesn't really explain what went wrong.

living

Fledgling Freddie
last guy who had this problem(happens quite often..) contacted goa nad they sorted it out within a day :) so i guess u should mail goa with a copy of how their mail looked like.. think it subscription [at ] goa.com.. not sure tho.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It means the CD key is already in our database - i.e. it's been used.
A couple of things to check - You say it was a new sealed box, was the manual (with the CD-Key on it) in it when you bought it or did the sales assistant get one out of a pile for you at the till?
If the latter then I'd suggest taking it up with the store as the CD-key may have been stolen by one if their employees.
If it was completely sealed and no-one but youcould possibly have seenthe key before you installed it, then the subscription department will be able to look into it for you. I've not heard of duplicate CD-keys being issued before but it's possible I suppose. They'll probably need the name and location of the store you bought it from so they can track it back to the distributor.

Clackie

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for your replies, everyone.

Requiel, the manual and discs were sealed in clear plastic inside the box, but the box itself wasn't, so the CD Key would have been visible through the plastic. Looks like someone must have used the code.

I guess It's back to the store to kick some ass. Damn, that's frustrating! It was the only gamestore in Dublin I'd found with a copy of the game. Time to use mail order I think.

Nichii

Fledgling Freddie
"Your subscription failed because the provided cdkey is already burned. Please
try again with a new cdkey!"

Last i saw that E-mail was because someone already had the game-cd once, and delivered it back to the shop for another one cause they said something was wrong with t, just to have 2 account's, all seemed smart enough, till the shop "re-wrapped" the old game and put it "For Sale" again lol :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom