CD key prob

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Just bought a new copy of DAoC Gold 2 (Si and ToA included) but the bloody CD key isn't working. Is this yet another one of the problems with the subscription system or just a one off dodgy CD key?

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
Depends where u got the game from... i went into my local game's shop and the silly bugger had taken the CD's out of the case but left the CD code in! i tried to explain that that was the only thing worth any money but meh,

(P.S i didnt open the box or anything it was one of those new ones tha sorta flip open... and no i didnt steal the CD code, right im off to play with my new buffbot on my new account, cya)

:twak:

Donnhas

Fledgling Freddie
CliffyG said:
Just bought a new copy of DAoC Gold 2 (Si and ToA included) but the bloody CD key isn't working. Is this yet another one of the problems with the subscription system or just a one off dodgy CD key?

Just had exactly the same problem, it emails you saying bad cd key but when you type it in and accept it doesnt say invalid cd key. Don't know whether bad cd key means it is being used or not, they aren't very helpful.

Oh yeh and it was the all in one package the same as you, hoping its just a problem with subscription or something and not my cd key.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Spoke to Gameplay and should get a replacement by the end of the week, if thats bad aswell i'll have to bite the bullet and email GOA.

What's even more annoying is the fact you have to go throught the whole process after being emailed about a bad key instead of telling you straight away :(. On top of that you have to have a different email address for each account even though it's the same name and postal address, can't see the logic. Didn't tell me that till i got the email so had to redo the whole process.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Same prob :/ bought ToA other day from Amazon.co.uk, invalid cd key ;<

says on the return thing for amazon up to 3 weeks to process, bloody joke tbh.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
It's starting to look like a problem at GOA's end then if there's a few suffering from it, considering they've all been bought at different places it's unlikely they're the same batch.

Any chance a passing mod can add FAO GOA to the title?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
If the CD-key is already in use you will get a message to that effect. If the CD0key is invalid then either you're typing it wrong (try putting caps lock on) or there may be a problem with the key itself.
If you've tried retyping it in caps and rechecked it to make 100% sure it's right then you will need to email subscription(at)goa.com and they can look into it for you.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
It auto puts it in caps anyway ;). I did retry entering the code at least 6 times with my missus reading it out to me for the final couple of times so i'm pretty sure it isn't a typo. I'll send an email to subscriptions and see how it goes, hopefuly won't take more than a few days as i could get it replaced that quickly.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Q: Are you trying to add the gold code onto an existing account?
AFAIK the gold CD key is for a new standalone DAoC+SI+ToA account, and not for addding onto an existing DAoC or DAoC+SI activated acc.

But it does seem a few people are having the same prob. Will put word round on this one.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Trying for a brand new account, have emailed subscriptions so will let you know what they said next month some time i guess :(.

Donnhas

Fledgling Freddie
Same here just emailed subscription, surely it must be a problem at their end though if the same thing is happening too multiple people :\

Bagloor

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Q: Are you trying to add the gold code onto an existing account?
AFAIK the gold CD key is for a new standalone DAoC+SI+ToA account, and not for addding onto an existing DAoC or DAoC+SI activated acc.

I upgraded my original acc to TOA with a gold key and it worked just fine. Then I started one new acc Classic and SI with the same key and got a free month for my BB. So that should not be the problem.

Nax

Fledgling Freddie
same hapend to my friends they both bought a new copy of TOA. both saying invalid cd key must be something wrong at GOA :twak:

ABD

Fledgling Freddie
Trying to resub today (after being away for a few months), got "subscription successful" msg after entering CC details, however can't login and havent received an email conformation. Looking at subscription page says "currently processing invoice" :eek:

IIRC, whenever i've tried to resub before i've been able to log in almost immediately

::sigh::

lo btw :x

EDIT: Mate got TOA today and can't reg his key either

Donnhas

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh so Requiel if you can you might want to check too see if there actually is a problem and feedback would be very greatly appreciated. :wub:

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Tried my key with basic DAoC subscription in the hope it was the toa / si bit that was bugged but that didn't work either.

Someone forget to update the system when the new keys were generated?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I can't check. I don't have admin rights in billing so I can't change details myself. Anyone who has a problem like this is going to have to contact the subscription section so they can investigate each case individually.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Can you at least tell them there is a problem in general with people trying to register with new keys?

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
CliffyG said:
Can you at least tell them there is a problem in general with people trying to register with new keys?

I have the same problem. I already have DAoC and SI installed, and yesterday got a copy of ToA. When I try to activate ToA through the website, I get an "Invalid key" message (and yes, I've tried atleast 5 times). When I try to activate ToA using the server-browser, I get forwarded to a page that says the servers are down.

I would really appreciate some feedback from GOA. I'm glad I'm not the only one though.

Donnhas

Fledgling Freddie
yeh would be nice for some feedback on any idea when this will be sorted :(

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
When you say it says invaild key does it pop on when you try and confirm? I get an email to the address i tried to register to saying bad cd key. It seems to enter the system fine.

Donnhas

Fledgling Freddie
Yup thats what is happening, but it just worked for me now, think they have sorted it :D, hmm why is it asking me to pay what happened too my free month :eek7: oh well at least it is working now

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Worked for me too now :D. Let me guess, they checked and there wasn't a problem ;).

Don't recall seeing anything about a free month either.

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
CliffyG said:
Worked for me too now :D. Let me guess, they checked and there wasn't a problem ;).

Can't wait to get home and try. How did you do it, just used your account page or did you activate it through the server browser?

Donnhas

Fledgling Freddie
Its wierd, to get the free month you just don't pay even though it e-mails you to make your payment :eek7:

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=2141

CD Key activation problems : bug resolved
[2004-22-06]

You may have recently encountered difficulties when activating a key or subscribing, getting the message "bad or invalid Cdkey". This problem was detected on Monday around 14 :30 and was resolved today (Tuesday) at 15 :00. You can now follow up with the procedure without waiting for an answer from RightNow if you have contacted the customer support.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
If the CD-key is already in use you will get a message to that effect. If the CD0key is invalid then either you're typing it wrong (try putting caps lock on) or there may be a problem with the key itself.
If you've tried retyping it in caps and rechecked it to make 100% sure it's right then you will need to email subscription(at)goa.com and they can look into it for you.

Well, I typed it correctly like 5 times, and my hun checked it out also, so not incorrectly entered, I've returned it back to amazon, hopefully a new ToA cd key will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom