CC Spamming

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just an idea and feel free to flame away, but what if:

CC spells cancelled with a 30 second immunity timer if the spell is repeated on the same char before it's naturally timed out.

In my opinion it would actually add some skill to the role of CC'in which from personal experience has turned into a spam fest and somewhat of a joke. Being constantly Stunned/Mezzed/Rooted through 50% of a fight is no fun for anyone. What do you think?

This isn't a I got ganked, call the police thread. Just a thought on how to improve the game for peoples enjoyment.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
but they have their own immunity timers anyway, you annoyed at being interupted or CCd ? cos you cant chain CC people any more, it doesnt work :(

and granted, spamming aoe mez, stun, etc, is hardly skillful, but then what is ?

on the plus side, its universal, all realms can do it so its not overpowered ;)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I've often thought it would be better if cc spells didn't interupt during the immunity period.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Mabs said:
but they have their own immunity timers anyway, you annoyed at being interupted or CCd ? cos you cant chain CC people any more, it doesnt work :(

and granted, spamming aoe mez, stun, etc, is hardly skillful, but then what is ?

on the plus side, its universal, all realms can do it so its not overpowered ;)

Not about ganking or getting ganked just think its rather silly the way it is now. IMO what I suggested would add a more skilful element to the CC. As you state no skill whatsoever in spamming CC's.

Gamah

Banned
Javai said:
I've often thought it would be better if cc spells didn't interupt during the immunity period.

probably when your being perma interupted :p?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
try moving out of range /face and cc the cc'er who is multispam-cc'ing your group?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
try moving out of range /face and cc the cc'er who is multispam-cc'ing your group?

How does that work if your out of range lol?

But ye, i get your point. Just react fast and dont clump together.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Would like the no interrupt if you've got immunity to the spell idea. Would prevent Healers/Sorcerers/Bards/Druids etc from aoe spamming. People could still interrupt you, if they actually damage you!

Would mean they'd have to use a wider variety of spells to try and stop casters.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:

Ummm you must play on the Overpowered side....

Sorc AoE Mez base 1850 range or 2035 with ToA 10% range.
Healer AoE Mez base 1500 range or 1650 with ToA 10% range.

Range difference between Healer and Sorc base is 370 and with 10% ToA is 385.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
That'd be silly... what of resists? Main enemy CC'er resists / mezz bubble and if you AOE CC again u may break others :p
The people that play CC classes would of had torn their eyes out :(

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
dont forget the radius of a cc is only 350 units - get out of range of that - not difficult to do

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
LordjOX said:
That'd be silly... what of resists? Main enemy CC'er resists / mezz bubble and if you AOE CC again u may break others :p

Then the skill would be in single target mezzing the left overs?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I think its mostly a complaint about interruption by AE mezz/root/stun spammage.

Seems a valid complaint to me from my PoV as druid. Make that not-interrupting during the immunity-timer.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Mezz is one of the things in DAoC are that designed to screw people over. And honestly, DAoC could use less of these, I'd be the first to admit it even though I'm a sorcerer.

But, if you remove or change mezz, then you'll also need to remove or change other forms of CC. If you change that, you'll also need to change the way fights are fought and you'll also need to rework several (CC) classes. Which will affect the whole game, either making it better or making it worse.

As for the interruption.. imo, the whole interruption thing is comlete bollocks. It makes a caster either completely overpowered (high dex + int; nuke nuke nuke), or when interrupted completely useless (can't cast anymore or have only a very minor effect on the battle because of MoC's weakness). No wonder that the casting classes are so freaking hard to balance.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
LordjOX said:

So no different than say a wiz breaking sorc mezz by AOE nuking. Yes he would get his balls ripped off and rightly deserved. Sort of thing a noob would do in thid. So why not apply the same kind of rule to CC.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
CC class is one of the hardest class to play atm. If you had a good CC in your own group he would be able to turn the interrupt to your side and win the fight. Obviously you never played one.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
It might stop all the Bards I've met who mezz a FG and cast it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. We're all stood there saying "We're mezzed already!".

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
would love to see CC resist rates increased a lot for non-insta CC (keep thier instas at a decent low resist rate for emergencies), nothing worse than playing a game to spend a lot of time going Zzz. CC classes would need something to compensate for this change though.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
TeaSpoon said:
It might stop all the Bards I've met who mezz a FG and cast it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. We're all stood there saying "We're mezzed already!".

well ofc to interrupt you.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
And all of you who want cc nerfed is probably zergers/noobs anyway if you want mezz weaker then it is now its not much use to have bard/healer/sorc in group for mezzing.

I agree with the first poster tho at high skill fg vs fg it would change but vs noobzergs and playing in a noob grp it would be hopelessly to use mezz.

Basicly tho if your mezzed purge and move out of the radious from the mezz spam/mezzer.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Spamming the mezz is great for catching their mates who run up to see what's happening and get caught in your next cast. :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
TeaSpoon said:

Bards have sexy interrupts but then so does a sorc who can also deal damage.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
well ofc to interrupt you.

The point is they've already gone OMG MEZZED! So there's nobodt to interupt. Everyone's mezzed and waiting to be slammed -> killed.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
TeaSpoon said:
The point is they've already gone OMG MEZZED! So there's nobodt to interupt. Everyone's mezzed and waiting to be slammed -> killed.

Nothing ever as coordinated as that.

First up, you have scout adds shooting arrows at you.
Then you have rangers and gimps that add and break mezzes.
Then you have purge, sos, charge, det5 eventually etc.

Ofc, it works against warders and guardians.

spook

Fledgling Freddie
Think about the amount of damage that interupts counter. If CCs wouldn't interupt any longer, the bards, healers and sorcs would lose all but any ability to interupt, this is what's "left".

Bards: 700 range dd shout on a 10 second timer, ae lul on 10 second timer, single target lul on 5 second timer and then melee.

Healer: Castable ae amnesia, castable single target amnesia and melee (not a hawk on healers)

Sorcerer: 2x single target dd/lifedrain, 2x dots, castable ae amnesia, castable single target amnesia and melee

Some of the above things need to be specced for, haven't taken into account which ones. But I can gather that I'd rather want to play a sorc in the interupt wars if it was changed to cc not interupting. Also, it's only the "main" CC chars that I selected, but check out the secondary and tertiary CC chars, whose jobs _mostly_ are other then concentrating on interupts.

Yes, a group consists of 7 other people other then those classes, but it'd probably still take a bit of changes to tactics if groups are to effectively take out castergroups quickly.

But, one should take into count all the consequences of a change. It's all theories, but I'd prefer keeping cc's ability to interupt rather then having to ask Mythic for a reduction of damage across the board... We saw how that went the last time.

Anyways, this is my opinion and there's probably a lot of things that I haven't taken into account, so be gentle. Thank you and good night.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Job said:
Spamming the mezz is great for catching their mates who run up to see what's happening and get caught in your next cast. :p

Oh I love that when that happends. Similary; I regulary have that my group gets mezzed but I resist, only to get mezzed in the 2nd cast which is usually .5 secs later.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Javai said:

that would be the better idea of the 2 ;)

i'm allergic to interupts in this game :)

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
i think the interrupts are one of the things that make this game good. played wow where there is 0 interrupt and that sucked really hard. With interrupt you can "control" the fights, and cc people who blow moc etc.

get moc3 if you dislike interrupts, its really uber now with 10min reuse, allways up =P, or place yourself in a better position. Or make sure you win the interrupt fight.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
rvn said:
i think the interrupts are one of the things that make this game good. played wow where there is 0 interrupt and that sucked really hard. With interrupt you can "control" the fights, and cc people who blow moc etc.

get moc3 if you dislike interrupts, its really uber now with 10min reuse, allways up =P, or place yourself in a better position. Or make sure you win the interrupt fight.

lol? no ur right. theres very few TRUE interrups in WoW. but shield bash and a few more WILL interrupt ur casting and also prevent u from casting any spells in the school u were trying to cast from for a few seconds. and both mage and priests have silence spells with makes the target unable to cast ANY spell for x seconds

and while there isnt THAT many of those spells and skills u can still make someone try to cast 1 spell for 8 seconds or more if u have fast enough weapons. so there IS interrupts in that game. and if u dont know how to use it u havent played enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom