Cave Shammy v AE Casters v Archers Volley

illu

Part of the furniture
Just a quick question -

If you have a Cave Shammy, an AE Caster (runey I suppose?), and an Archer with Volley, all standing on a keep wall, and you have 20 enemy volunteers down below, with each of the guys on the wall unleashing their most powerful AE attacks, who would get the most RP's?

Cave Shammy I imagine his DoT he can chain cast - would there be much resistance?
The AE Caster / Runey chain casting - would he cause less damage with everyone maxxing out their resistances?
The Archer volleying - would he cause as much damage as the other 2?

Basically I'm just interested what class in midgard causes the maximum AE damage with NF incoming.

Oli - Illu

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure a runecarving runey would get the most RP's.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
If the 20 enemies all just stand there and let you chain-cast at them, without either moving out of range or line-of-sight or targetting the caster and killing/interrupting him until they're all dead without any healing to be seen (i.e. albs :m00: ) then the RC RM will get most.

If the caster is having to dodge-about, sometimes get off a cast, sometimes not (often long time between casts on the same person), then the Shammy will get the most.

If the whole place is bombarded by AE flak that it's impossible to cast from anywhere near the 20 enemies, then the volleying hunter (from well-away from the action) will get most.

TBH, I'd go for the Shammy in most cases, as the runie will need some support to keep him alive and thus he's sharing RPs with others in the group. The Shammy can heal himself after he's nuked/shot get back to leeching before his previous dots finished ticking...

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
rc runie no doubt about it, will outdamage the shaman easy and will cast his ae spell in a matter of 2-3 secs, less if fully toaed etc but runie no doubt

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Im with Pin on this, take a troll shammy, average HP with TOA or even SC is 2k, normally about 6-800 more than a caster, plus chain, self healing, self buffing, can keep up a dot session all day on that basis.

Volley you cant really compare, unless as said the targets stand still as its a GT shot, and RC AE and Shammy AE is targetted.

However in NF hunters do have the advantage of RP leeching, fire volley, hide, fire volley, hide, all the time avoiding LoS of the enemy, so your less likely to get hit.

RC = High damage, low HP, low defence
CaveS = slow damage, medium damage, high HP, high defence
VolleyH = Fire and forget, low damage, medium HP, high defence.

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Volley = same damage as normal bow shots so low damage it is not, atleast not / hit, but since it is not a true ae attack it will be least effective.

But if the enemy wasnt fighting back I would not use volley, 2 critshots / char would result in most rps.

Ofc rc runemaster with spear of doom or dark rm with 10% ae debuff nuke will out damage both shaman and hunter in ae attacks.

If enemy can attack back im 100% sure hunter will win since standing visible more then 1 sec on battlement with bloodthirsty albs/hib casters outside is not to recomend :p

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Spix said:
If enemy can attack back im 100% sure hunter will win since standing visible more then 1 sec on battlement with bloodthirsty albs/hib casters outside is not to recomend :p

stuned nuked or 16 bolts inc :E i would vote for the hunter aswell, he would live enough to get any sort of rps :)

illu

Part of the furniture
hehe k :>

I might have to respec my buffbot shammy to a cave shammy for some keep defense ^^

Oli - Illu

farewell

Fledgling Freddie
Ive heard in nf they nerfed volley so it doesnt doesnt hit anyone under a roof and ae spells doesnt hit anyone through walls .
But does the later just effect the pbae or does it mean aedots and gtae spells wont hit through walls also?
Just something to think about before deciding which class will be the best for nf.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
ok cave shammy although good has low base damge to dots. before crits that is.. runy ofc casts fast and has much better ae damage. never used hunter with volley so i cant comment... RC runy ofc in nf will still be able to hit out of LoS using gtaoe.... good choice for leaching in keeps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom