Catacombs

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
What feature of catacombs are you looking forward to the most?

Myself: instanced dungeons, can go xping with my guildies without having to worry so much about "hrm we got a bigger group, where do we go now?"

My wife: purple hair

If you think that Catacombs is the end of the world feel free to post in a different thread ;) and any BainLock whines can go on the Vn boards :)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Catacombs looks good - luv the idea of instanced dungeons - and the graphical update breaths new life into the game, ToA and NF have brought some mixed blessings or bain into the game (depending on your point of view, for some 50's it ment back to the PvE grind that they fought hard to get through - ToA and NF is good but ppl h8 change) - Cata looks to be a definate winner. Having Beta tested WoW I seriously think that Cata will prove to be DAoC's Ace card - WoW is RPG for Arcade players, does not have the depth or breadth of DAoC - just alot more hype.

Release date was badly implemented with 24th/25th and 28th being a public holiday in many European countries though - but luv the French - who gives a dam attitude :)

Gamah

Banned
Leveling my lvl 40 ice wiz to 50 and maybe a new char...I really hate xping in general (too much time pve) Minstrel has 10 bulbs at 50 and my sm on excal has 4 more.. ;/

Maybe with catacombs I will get the momentum to try.

Also the new graphics im a sucker for fluff.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm instanced dungeons for fast levelling or new and surprisingly good graphics... can't decide.

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Playing a decent mid casting class with a range on spells that can match other realms :)

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
quick money from the auralite chips...they are very hot on US...

and the insta dungeons

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Looking forward to,
vamps
instanced exp dungeons
graphics engine

Not,
New SoM design
new luri design (makes you want to slap them even more)
idiots perma camping the new drop mobs

all in all i am really looking forward to it, i have even booked a week off work for it :)

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
:eek:

LUWIS!!! even cuter than EVAH!!! bainshee for me or a luwi vamp:)
nothing touches hib/excal not luwi
and forever thinks they look like old men/ladies u sux:<

:worthy: worship the luwis :worthy:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's funny to see the Luri fans react like that.. I never understood the attraction of playing that race. They're creepy. Remind me of Chucky the evil doll. :)

Anyway.. I'm mildly looking forward to the character graphics update (except for the Valkyn.. they look silly in the new version). Easier levelling on other servers will make alts easier to make. Otherwise, Cats doesn't add all that much for me.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Mikah75 said:
LUWIS!!! even cuter than EVAH!!!
I guess, if 10 year olds turns you on :p

Im looking forward to the gfx update, finally they will all see why norsebabe > the rest as a caster. Kobbies starts to look like old ladys, dwarfs looks wierd and frostalf... they are like scary. While I get big b00bs xD

Also, im looking forward to the Warlock whine on the forum.. that got to be the best part of the expansion finally some decent whine.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Everything that it brings, cant think of anything so far I dont like.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
over all im just looking foward to new content.. and makeing an elf bainsee :eek: cause eveyone else will be luri XD

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
Looking forward to,
all in all i am really looking forward to it, i have even booked a week off work for it :)

ah im glad i returnd to uni got a month off for easter thats handy :)

Gamah

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:

ofc your a mid..got those warlocks to look fowards too xD

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

odd that you would like the bugs as well :)

:m00:

(and there will be some )

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
random mids stopping whining about how we don't get decent classes, and how albs and hibs are overpowered
still not sure if i'm going to buy it, would only be for the graphics, so i think its unlikely i will
not interested in leveling a new char what with toa

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
Well levelling a new char is hell easy in catas either pl or solo :) It's one of the 'reasons' to buy :)

vintervargen

Banned
faster and more efficiant ways to get lvl50!

whats the use of that when rvr is still crap, and the cata classes only makes it even more crap.

T_T

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Some good old group pve fun from the ground up in the new areas, with new classes :) And hopefully we can also look forward to some new players

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
good :

1) instanced dungeons, so I can level some alts at new interesting places instead of the typical varulvhamn/spindelhalla trips wich kinda became boring after a few chars.

2) warlocks for mid. Will be fun to have some good casterstuff on our side , I see it as the gods finally giving some punishment to hibs for all their stuns and albs for all their longrange mezz. Looking forward to grey killspam already :)

3) character redesign, wich seems to include bigger kobolds. Wich is coincidentally very good, as my current kobold shammy is too short to look through keepwindows and cast through it to targets below. Hopefully I can raise him a bit now.

bad :

1) the old places and dungeons becoming even more empty now, wich is a same as much of them had a special atmosphere and memory among those who used to xp there.

2) 99% of mids making an warlock alt, wich will make very monotone situations and groups, wich will probably force me to make a valkyrie just to be different, and will be bit hard to play a female char as I cant really identify myself with that :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I'm looking forward to make that perfect 3300 range bolt and one shot a rr11 char :>

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Looking forward to finding new and spectacular ways to die against the Catacombs classes. Oh and a new haircut :D

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Lo all.

I read a long while ago that we were getting an extra slot or two in Catacombs. Is this still the case and if anyone knows either yes or no can you post me your source please?

Thanks.

you definately can phil... i downloaded the free us version with si and theres an extra 2 slots at the bottom. they disabled on the trial though :)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Yep, thats correct. You get two more spots to make chars in. Most likely because they want everyone to be able to create the two new chars in each realm. (Except albion who only get 1, Heretic)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Albion have more classes so can always roll an older one though I suppose. ( tho outdated class probably not too attractive :( )

Thanks friends. Very helpful :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'm looking forward to the flaming about the cock-up of it's release date, it's out next week (pffff) but it isn't really.

IS IT ACTUALLY 'THAT' HARD TO WORK THIS STUFF OUT?

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
jimmy.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom