Catacombs suggestions!

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
We all know now that they never did any big changes in styles etc for the three realms in the Frontier patch.

I got a great idea, they remake most styles in Catacombs.. balancing and tweaking the styles for all classes. But one major change would be this:

You will get more styles depending how high you specc your weapon just like now.. but wouldn't it be great if they added 10 levels to each style. The style starts at level 0. But you can level each style to 10!!
Each time you use that particular style it would gain some experience.. if you use more styles on each mob it would share the exp.
So if you used style1 5 times and style2 15 times on 1 mob.. you would gain 25% exp on style1 and 75% on style2 on that mob. Around 2-2.5 hours/level on each style seems ok at level 50.

When the style gets level 1,2,3 etc you would get better style/melee dmg or perhaps higher dmg etc.

Great ideas huh? :worthy:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
OMG PLZ NO!!!11

Levling Artifacts are enough PvE ><

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Urme the Legend said:
We all know now that they never did any big changes in styles etc for the three realms in the Frontier patch.

I got a great idea, they remake most styles in Catacombs.. balancing and tweaking the styles for all classes. But one major change would be this:

You will get more styles depending how high you specc your weapon just like now.. but wouldn't it be great if they added 10 levels to each style. The style starts at level 0. But you can level each style to 10!!
Each time you use that particular style it would gain some experience.. if you use more styles on each mob it would share the exp.
So if you used style1 5 times and style2 15 times on 1 mob.. you would gain 25% exp on style1 and 75% on style2 on that mob. Around 2-2.5 hours/level on each style seems ok at level 50.

When the style gets level 1,2,3 etc you would get better style/melee dmg or perhaps higher dmg etc.

I'd love to see this, although i suspect it would piss off the people who solely depend on pl to ge tto 50. Would definately be a reward for us people who did it the hard way!!!!

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Oh no Kinag and Zebolt.... You'd have to spend a few more hours doing PvE to still be able to claim you have the biggest penis... :eek:

I like your idea Urme! :clap:

Cyfr

Banned
I have an idea for catacombs, make it so you 100% don't have to xp. :)

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to a see some kind of Race Respec, means we can change race if we feel we are gimped and if we dont like how our new race looks with the model changes.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
"make it so you 100% don't have to xp"

What would be the point of playing DAOC at all then? If your first thought was just to say "for the RvR" or any variation on that, why play a game with all the inevitable levelling-and-PvE parts in it if ALL you want is PvP action, whther 1vs1 or team-based (the hallowed 8vs8 we hear so much about yet see so infrequently)? Why not just play a mediaeval mod for Quake/Counterstrike/Unreal Tournament or something? All the swords and spells, none of the PvE.

Why do people who HATE PvE so much that they can't even be bothered to XP - in a MMORPG ffs - play a MMORPG at all?

No, really, serious question: if you think PvE sucks, why are you playing a MMORPG at all, and not an FPS? This isn't some 'f**k off to game X' rant, I'm genuinely curious about this.

MMORPGs have PvE. It's an inherent part of the genre. You can play DAOC without ever RvRing, but you can't play it without PvEing, that's just how the game is. DAOC is NOT an RvR game, it's a PvE + RvR game. If you hate PvE so much you would do anything to avoid it, you may well be playing not just the wrong game, but the wrong type of game altogether.

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
Personally, what I'd like to see for Catacombs is...

Weapon style animations in Midgard.

Axe? One style animation with different coloured trails.
Sword? One style animation with different coloured trails.
Hammer? One style animation with different coloured trails.
Left Axe? One style animation with different coloured trails.

See a pattern here?

EDIT: Oh, and a unique sorcerer epic armour. Not just a recoloured wizard epic(with utterly naff colours).

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
What I'd like is:

1: body and/or face respec.

2: decent weapons animations for Midgard, they proved they can do it by making Reavers look heterosexual at last, now it's Midgard's turn.

3: Thane epic that doesn't look like the chainmail equivalent of a shell suit.

4: enormously colossal mega-dungeons to explore and have fun in, and plenty of them.

5: more and more crafting recipes for cool-looking armour + weapons (I think capped - and ONLY capped - armourcrafters should be able to make stuff with the Epic skin, and capped weaponcrafters should be able to make stuff with the Epic dungeon weapon models).

6: /kilt for Highlanders, and the ability to dye the kilt separately from the rest of your armour.

7: /stupid f**king hat for Saracens.

8: a much wider range of guild emblem designs and colours for emblems, and a concurrent emblem respec.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
My wants:

An actual quiver graphic with arrows in the 2 hand slot for archers, or maybe even available for the belt as a loose lookin thing with strap across the chest.

So simple to do yet would improve the look of archers immensely.

I've often thought crafters need some kind of reward for hitting cap/becoming legendary. For example spellcrafters a spellbook on a chain hanging off the belt? Alchemists, a string of vials on the belt? Armourcrafters a necklace or belt graphic. Weaponcrafters a unique looking scabbard on the belt or small knife scabbard. Fletchers, as mentioned a quiver perhaps? Or perhaps some kind of tatoo (applicable for use for all crafts, on the face and allow choice of style) Tailors - some form of special embroidery perhaps?

No slots taken up just graphical things.

Mmm fluff.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:

What a crap idea, yea for anytime styles it wouldnt take long at all.
But for reactionary styles which some classes are dependant on would be there death, would take years to xp. Some styles would be imposible to lvl solo.

No No thx.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Svartmetall said:
What I'd like is:

2: decent weapons animations for Midgard, they proved they can do it by making Reavers look heterosexual at last, now it's Midgard's turn.

4: enormously colossal mega-dungeons to explore and have fun in, and plenty of them.

5: more and more crafting recipes for cool-looking armour + weapons (I think capped - and ONLY capped - armourcrafters should be able to make stuff with the Epic skin, and capped weaponcrafters should be able to make stuff with the Epic dungeon weapon models).

6: /kilt for Highlanders, and the ability to dye the kilt separately from the rest of your armour.

8: a much wider range of guild emblem designs and colours for emblems, and a concurrent emblem respec.

Who uses epics anymore? Even for xping chars SC > all, i normally dont bother with equipment till lvl 40 then sc a set 5 lvls higher so they grow into it.

Race Respec would be good also.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Kreig said:
Who uses epics anymore? Even for xping chars SC > all, i normally dont bother with equipment till lvl 40 then sc a set 5 lvls higher so they grow into it.

Read what I said; crafters would be able to make stuff with the Epic skin. It would be crafted SC'd armour like any other SC'd set but it would have the funky graphics of the Epic set.

n.b. I understand that for Thanes this is not necessarily a good thing :p

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Don't take my ideas seriously .. it was just a joke ;)
If they gave 0-10 levels to each style it would be to much.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Read what I said; crafters would be able to make stuff with the Epic skin. It would be crafted SC'd armour like any other SC'd set but it would have the funky graphics of the Epic set.

n.b. I understand that for Thanes this is not necessarily a good thing :p

I like my apron, it's useful when stuck at home doing the washing up whilst all the fotm characters are RvRing...

;)

jnh

Loyal Freddie
Svartmetall said:
What I'd like is:

covers pretty much everything i want to see out of this expansion. ive always wanted /kilt, because funky armour looks its best undyed, but the kilt suites nothing and just covers up a very nice skin.

the weapon and armour crafter "skins" are also something i have mentioned to people for a while. they should be a seperate thing that can then be combined to existing crafted armour/weapon pieces, and there should be a lot of them. so for example, i could take my MP breastplate and ask someone to make me and apply armor style x to it and give it a nice look (at a highish price of course, and maybe even needing some pve drop to help make it(but not as rare/expensive as say LW comps). these are all just things which would help make people seem unique, at the moment every class has has a few specs that work and a few templates that max everything. the only difference is dye and race/face, and it gets pretty boring visually, and even with sexeh catacombs graphics, its gonna get boring seeing all the classes looking the same like they currently do...

other than that, more style animations (the repeated upper-cut animation is old, every style needs its own animation imo, not a different coloured bit of gx behind the weapon)

finally and obviously is content, but we know we are getting that (or should be :|) so no need to worry there. as long as theres some big uber mobs to kill im happy

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Teh FnoRd said:
Oh no Kinag and Zebolt.... You'd have to spend a few more hours doing PvE to still be able to claim you have the biggest penis... :eek:

How do you know if my penis isn't large enough already? :twak:

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
"make it so you 100% don't have to xp"

What would be the point of playing DAOC at all then? If your first thought was just to say "for the RvR" or any variation on that, why play a game with all the inevitable levelling-and-PvE parts in it if ALL you want is PvP action, whther 1vs1 or team-based (the hallowed 8vs8 we hear so much about yet see so infrequently)? Why not just play a mediaeval mod for Quake/Counterstrike/Unreal Tournament or something? All the swords and spells, none of the PvE.

Why do people who HATE PvE so much that they can't even be bothered to XP - in a MMORPG ffs - play a MMORPG at all?

No, really, serious question: if you think PvE sucks, why are you playing a MMORPG at all, and not an FPS? This isn't some 'f**k off to game X' rant, I'm genuinely curious about this.

MMORPGs have PvE. It's an inherent part of the genre. You can play DAOC without ever RvRing, but you can't play it without PvEing, that's just how the game is. DAOC is NOT an RvR game, it's a PvE + RvR game. If you hate PvE so much you would do anything to avoid it, you may well be playing not just the wrong game, but the wrong type of game altogether.

This is a good question :) If you want some decent, class based, 8v8 action then you can always play one of the Team Fortress variants where skill and skill alone decides the outcome. What I think people who go on about PvP a lot actually want is a system that permenantly rewards their kills, has an all time scoreboard, makes them progressively better than other people the more they kill and has a payoff in proportion to the amount of time they invest. If you play a game completely based on skill then the amount you can improve is quite arbitrary and you aren't guaranteed a return on your investment. In DAoC pretty much anyone willing to invest a lot of time (regardless of skill) will end up with quite a good character.

That isn't to say DAoC doesn't take skill, it can just be made up for in the most part by time invested. If your one and only concern is skill v skill in a PvP setting then you are definitely playing the wrong type of game.

Killing people in multiplayer = fun
Killing people in multiplayer and getting permenantly better at their expense = more fun

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Ugh I can't edit that anymore but replace permenant with permanent :(

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Teh FnoRd said:

LOL?! So just because I happen to dislike PvE you have to insult me? Look, Im a Runemaster and have been since release, I've lvled my chars the hard way. I don't have a bb and I stuggle as hell lvling my few hard earned artifacts as a solo runemaster while getting killed by fgs albs and hibs every now and then and have to run all the way back to gain a few more %. Whats does my penis have to do with anything?!

I happen to like RvR and dislike PvE, whats wrong with that? I Didn't thought you were that stupid but I guess I was wrong :(

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I hope if anything does get added for armourcrafters to make stuff, that it doesn't require capped armourcrafting. The reason is simple, I've been an LGM armourcrafter who'll take work from anyone (not just guild) for months now, but the highest chest armour is still blue.

And it'll stay that way, because I've not had a chest armour order in months, due to the quested ones / drops /artifacts being preferred. I'd not be keen on making stuff just to sell to the merchants, just to reach cap. Doesn't seem to me to be the way to go.

Darzil

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Teh FnoRd said:
I don't and I don't care, but u seem to do. :wij:

lol, buzz off.. Tbh, if people don't enjoy PvE as much as the next guy, let that be up to them eh?

I wrote how I felt about his idea, this does not mean you have to, atleast try, to insult me.

And Svartmetall, what is this about you saying that if people do not enjoy PvE as much as probably you do, they are playing the wrong game? I've been playing the game for quite some time, and I've had my share of PvE. I don't play FPS games, never even been arsed to try CS. There are two different communities, and two different games.

I do enjoy some PvE, but the same over, and over, and over again, it just gets boring.

In RvR, the outcome might change quick, depending on how you play.. In PvE if you fight a yellow mob, you are bound to win.

That's my five cents.. Now let people thing for themselves and come up with their own thoughts about others idea's instead of making some idiotic posts about what other people thinks of an idea just because they don't like it as much as you do.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:

NOO ONOO NO MORE PVE WAKE ME UP LET THIS NIGHTMARE END111

Glorien said:
I'd like to a see some kind of Race Respec, means we can change race if we feel we are gimped and if we dont like how our new race looks with the model changes.

yes!

Race respec = Stone of Reincarnation
Appearence respec = Stone of Plastic Surgery

or we could make it more roleplayish!! you would have to complete a quest first!

Race respec for example;
Quest NPC: find the item for me and i will reveal a secret to you!
*after getting her the item*
Quest NPC: Thanks! Let me pull of that costume of yours.... See! you're a troll after all! not a lurikeen!

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
I want to be able to convert xp past 50 to rps (hell even if its 10k per bubble or so i'd still rather do that than rvr in its current form anyway).

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Morchaoron said:
Appearence respec = Stone of Plastic Surgery

...or we could make it more roleplayish!! you would have to complete a quest first!

Race respec for example;
Quest NPC: find the item for me and i will reveal a secret to you!
*after getting her the item*
Quest NPC: Thanks! Let me pull of that costume of yours.... See! you're a troll after all! not a lurikeen!

lol

Or she could get a bike pump and inflate the Kobbie to Troll size...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Kinag said:
And Svartmetall, what is this about you saying that if people do not enjoy PvE as much as probably you do, they are playing the wrong game?

Read my first post again, that's not actually what I said. It was in response to the person who said "make it so you don't have to XP at all", i.e. wanting absolutely zero PvE, not merely not enjoying PvE as much as me.

I've been playing the game for quite some time

As have I, since August 2002.

I don't play FPS games

Well I've been in the world top 100 for Quake Capture The Flag, so I consider myself pretty well-informed about how FPS PvP action compares to MMORPG PvP action, both 1vs1 and team-vs-team.

Now let people thing for themselves and come up with their own thoughts about others idea's instead of making some idiotic posts about what other people thinks of an idea just because they don't like it as much as you do.

WTF? What 'idiotic' post did I make...?!? You might want to back that statement up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom