catacombs. Mids seccond class

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
The "idea" Valkyrie is ready:

http://catacombs.darkageofcamelot.com/features/classes.php

Little details ofc, but sounds like Thanes will have competition. Was expecting a seer/viking myself. This may be a VW-variation from what it seems. And a spear user.

I think the warlock will be MY perferred class of theese two new ones. That was a "new" concept. This one MAY only be a cut n paste class, apart from the cone spell radius.

Ofc early to guess of anything really.
Will have to see how they flesh them out.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe, guess its time for the mid stealthers to start whine! :p

Anyway, looks like a fun class allways wanted a tank with spear spec, will be nice to see the exact details when they come :)

Bloodclot

Banned
cone AE.

every target in his view and within his range... wow...
seems nice in rvr...

HAPPY pulling in pve!! :)

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
Where is my vampire with stealth and ability to morph and fly with ae lifetaps!!!!

Skeggi

Fledgling Freddie
Zeratuhl said:
another hybrid *sigh* givf midstrel!!! :D

eerh and a mincer is not a hybrid? ;p

anyway, i look forward to valkyrie, seems hot to me :D

Herjulf

Banned
at first glance it sounds kinds sucky.

We already have a shield wearing hybrid. and this class abilities is nothing that raises the eyebrows.

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Skeggi said:
eerh and a mincer is not a hybrid? ;p

anyway, i look forward to valkyrie, seems hot to me :D

But they have stealth?? :p where does it say that valkyriens can?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
obviously Mytic have realised that there are still some of us playing their thanes even after years of discouragement and now are trying to ease us away with the new thane+.

although IMO valkyries should have the ability to fly as that was a major part of their presence on the battlefield (that and be able to point at someone and kill them.....)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
This thread should be titled "Mids are Second class". After all we always said we wanted either pet spam or another stealther, and we got neither.

I hear albs and hibs are getting "Global Thermonuclear Bomb" and "Anthrax missle launcher" chars to balance the "Thane+" and the "wait for a bus-nuke" just in case we manage to kill anything with them.:touch:

Tilda

Could be good for room/wall fights and for keep takes. Imaging "cone-ing" millions of albs running through the gates/walls.
It may be harder in open field as people can just run out of the cone.

Tilda

Watchh

One of Freddy's beloved
Some1 already mentioned this but it seems that valkyrie can only use sword/spears and (possibly small) shields.
now afaik all viking classes can use all weapons, so that sounds wrong.

However rogue classes start with sword at lvl 1 and at lvl 5 they can also choose axe(sb) spear(hunter), and sb can also equip shields ...

If you by any chance would've read classic daoc manual it said nothing about hunters & mincers etc having stealth.(and hunters should be able to shapeshift :p)

Sounds like this will turn out a rogue class...
but I guess we'll have to wait & c what mythic got in store for us.

Herjulf

Banned
i knew it would be a hybrid.
They would be damn stupid to release a class with pure melee abilities post NF.
But it being a genetically modified Thane clone. giftwrapped with a sticker glued ontop of the old thane sticker, named valkyrie.

What we do know about the class...

it will outdamage thane in melee, especially if spear specced. it will not be totally reliant on buffs thus it will have plenty of self buffs. i can picture it having abs, melee dmg and a new resist buffline line.

The new styles being what have been wanted for many of the old classes. usable reactionarys and positionals, high damaging chained weaponstyles.
Very likely at launch overpowered, then after a period of whine downtuned alot.
I see valkyries getting small shield, speccable ofc. But also decent evade, them being warrior wimen dextrous and flexible. They will also have parry this i am shure of, as some will be very tempted to do spear spec, 2-H def spec would be parry.
They will get 2.0x spec points.

CAE effect spells will be similar to Thanes in damage. They will likely get debuffs of some kind AND/OR atleast 1 factor making them very grp friendly.
a grp buff/effect of some kind. I base that on lore of valkyries.
Vikings did not fear death, part of which was that they would come to valhalla and be greeted by valkyries among others.
They will have sojourner and battlemaster as aviable ML paths.

These are the foreseeings your friendly neighbourhood oracle, Herjulf brings you.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Herjulf said:
it will outdamage thane in melee, especially if spear specced. it will not be totally reliant on buffs thus it will have plenty of self buffs. i can picture it having abs, melee dmg and a new resist buffline line.
Group buffline I expect, again killing off the group unfreindly Thane. As for damage out put, I doubt it, comparable to a 2h Thane (or hybrid 1 and 2 h like me). Abs buff, why not, melee damage, nah, skalds and shammys got that..

The new styles being what have been wanted for many of the old classes. usable reactionarys and positionals, high damaging chained weaponstyles.
Why new, hunter spear styles and perhaps they will also get to use H2H, so more than one class can use those too. Sheild spec? nah, I dont think so, we already have enough classes who can spec sheild, and this would make them like Thanes again who cannot cap all skills/resists/bonus's for the love of god in any way due to the amount of skills they have plus lack of skill points. This will be a damage dealer, but not a sheild defender, it will however be an evader and a dodge bot.

CAE effect spells will be similar to Thanes in damage. They will likely get debuffs of some kind AND/OR atleast 1 factor making them very grp friendly.
CAE will probably suck, just like thane damage on their AE and DD spell lines. Again youll have to sacrifice points in weapon styles and defence in favour of buffs and magic. Unless they got to use focus of course, which has never been done before.

Probably leather / studded, rogue HP table, most will opt for the spear version with the best damage, and I do wonder if this new class could also spec in evade / dodge as hunters dont parry.

Having said all this, were probably both wrong, and this will be a char for pve mania..

poky

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
obviously Mytic have realised that there are still some of us playing their thanes even after years of discouragement and now are trying to ease us away with the new thane+.

although IMO valkyries should have the ability to fly as that was a major part of their presence on the battlefield (that and be able to point at someone and kill them.....)

so thats where they got their ideas for savages!

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:

Well then the Valkyrie should definately have as a main skill to kill high RR realm members? ;) The possibly most important job of the Valkyries was to kill worthy warriors fighting against the evil forces.

Herjulf

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
Group buffline I expect, again killing off the group unfreindly Thane. As for damage out put, I doubt it, comparable to a 2h Thane (or hybrid 1 and 2 h like me). Abs buff, why not, melee damage, nah, skalds and shammys got that..

old.Whoodoo said:
Why new, hunter spear styles and perhaps they will also get to use H2H, so more than one class can use those too. Sheild spec? nah, I dont think so, we already have enough classes who can spec sheild, and this would make them like Thanes again who cannot cap all skills/resists/bonus's for the love of god in any way due to the amount of skills they have plus lack of skill points. This will be a damage dealer, but not a sheild defender, it will however be an evader and a dodge bot.

old.Whoodoo said:
CAE will probably suck, just like thane damage on their AE and DD spell lines. Again youll have to sacrifice points in weapon styles and defence in favour of buffs and magic. Unless they got to use focus of course, which has never been done before.

Probably leather / studded, rogue HP table, most will opt for the spear version with the best damage, and I do wonder if this new class could also spec in evade / dodge as hunters dont parry.

Having said all this, were probably both wrong, and this will be a char for pve mania..

Catacombs classes will get self buffs making them less reliable on buffbots. Its a truth mythic themselves have revealed. Except for standard buffs i very much believe they will get abs and either damage add or run speed or melee speed. self buff wise.
Valkyrie get acces to Spear, you can betcha they will do more dmg ^^. And the UNIQUE weapons styles valkyries get on ALL weapon speclines will very likely be very positional, and reactionary and have high damage chained styles.
i am quite shure they will be chain wearing or studded to justify the high evade i do believe they will have.
And at the very least be small shield wearing and have it in specline.

H2H nah Mythic listed what weapons they will have aviable.

catacombs.darkageofcamelot.com said:
They can use swords, shields, and spears, and they have special styles in each line available only to the Order of the Valkyries.

I cannot see Valkyries as a PvE class, though as the other "new" classes they perform slightly better in PvE then most of the old. Especially with selfbuffs, making them less reliant on buffbots.

CAE spells, wont do them much good in PvE. In RvR however as thanes they will get more utility then skald, warrior and savage who will have it kinda boring. In certain situations CAE will be very nice indeed.
Do we even know if they need to have targets "targeted" to fire em off?

The spell line wont be Targeted AE it will be from the caster and in a coneshape ******ds towards the target OR direction.
perhaps there are different kinds.
We do not even know that it will only be DD spells, it might very well be debuffs/mezz/stun/snare/root aviable in the specline etc etc.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, fixing the buffbot problem= lets add classes which don't depend on buffbots too much.

They will be insanely op while buffbotted then?:)

laand

Fledgling Freddie
Dathcald said:
Where is my vampire with stealth and ability to morph and fly with ae lifetaps!!!!

You missed out insta before ae imo

tolshock

Fledgling Freddie
hehe, valkyries scouted the battlefields to find the bravest vikings and took them to Valhalla when they died to assist Odin in the rangarök... Only the bravest norse warriors dared to look them in the eyes, as that meant they were going to die in battle. So having valkyries in groups might give a negative effect? :)
Oh, and they served as wenches for the gods aswell. ;)

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Yeah, fixing the buffbot problem= lets add classes which don't depend on buffbots too much.

They will be insanely op while buffbotted then?:)
ever played friar, thane, or champion? :D
youshould know that selfbuffs dont stack with other buffs

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
at first glance it sounds kinds sucky.

We already have a shield wearing hybrid. and this class abilities is nothing that raises the eyebrows.

Valkyrie specs 50spear 1shield rest in parry/Valkyrie mumbojumbo :D

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
bahamot said:
ever played friar, thane, or champion? :D
youshould know that selfbuffs dont stack with other buffs

Erm, the above classes are not classes which don't rely on buffbots, they are classes which are better versus other classes in unbuffed vs unbuffed fights.

Buffbots eliminated the possible advantage friars/wardens/thanes/etc had in 1on1 fights.

If you carefully look what that mythic employee (forgot his name) has said on the goa conference, he said we will develop these classes to be less reliant on buffbots AKA they will stand a chance versus buffbotted enemies with their selfbuffs.

I don't see thanes having a chance vs a fully buffbotted infiltrator for example with only their str/con selfbuff, or friars vs blademasters with their self dex/qui buff (k, they have high dex even if soloing without a bb, but I am yet to have a challenging fight vs a friar fully buffed, speaking from personal experience here, a fully buffed blademaster whoops the arse of a friar who is only selfbuffed). I know it sounds weird comparing the friar and the blademaster, but read below.

While in the times I didn't have a buffbot, friars kicked my pure light tank arse, and I knew it was because they had waaaay more dex than I ever could have unbuffed, selfbuffing chars just made buffbots more popular.

And yeah I know selfbuffs do not stack with buffbot buffs, but read my post :p

Being less dependant on buffbots= they will be stronger, ability wise, than the other chars while selfbuffed.

I still say give a load of bb buffs on these new classes and you got a killing machine.

It seems like this is going to happen at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom