Catacombs Metal

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know of an area where a L50 can solo and farm some of this metal ?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i think he means aurulite, its like seals, that acts a currency in catacombs, allowing you to buy stuff from merchants

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks, just looking to kit out a new alt - but lack of crafters ad L20 gear on the merchants,.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aurulite is great at level 20 but the level 30 gear starts to get expensive and the level 40 stuff is very over priced, better to sell the aurulite at that level and buy rogs.

Jamie Li

Fledgling Freddie
well i've saved up all my aurulite's and now got around 600k's worth of it but i have not finish'ed yet still saving then its a big spend spend spend spree in catacombs :cheers: also i think that u should be able to teleport to the catacombs merchants if u have gone down there personly first then u can go from ur house

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
Aurulite is great at level 20 but the level 30 gear starts to get expensive and the level 40 stuff is very over priced, better to sell the aurulite at that level and buy rogs.
There are mobs that drop up to 5k of them tho, bosses etc

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Nice info here =).

Ok got a quick question about this alurite farming.

I've got a Friar or a necro ( split spec) that i can use.

but i'm gona need to kit out 2 chars for molvik and the for leivkirk,
What is the fastest way to get what i need ? and how much will i be looking at ? i'd hazard a guess at about 14 k of alurite ?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Taken my Vampiir to the instanced dungeon as sugested above, there mostly blue con mobs to a L50 with the odd yellow, so there is no downtime at all, and nice fast kills using claw due to quicker mana gain on the blues.

Made 800 the first run and 1000 the second, each run took about 30-45 mins, ideal for kitting out a new Thid alt :)

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

Tears said:
Taken my Vampiir to the instanced dungeon as sugested above, there mostly blue con mobs to a L50 with the odd yellow, so there is no downtime at all, and nice fast kills using claw due to quicker mana gain on the blues.

Made 800 the first run and 1000 the second, each run took about 30-45 mins, ideal for kitting out a new Thid alt :)
:'( berty needs some!

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Jamie Li said:
well i've saved up all my aurulite's and now got around 600k's worth of it but i have not finish'ed yet still saving then its a big spend spend spend spree in catacombs :cheers: also i think that u should be able to teleport to the catacombs merchants if u have gone down there personly first then u can go from ur house

600,000 aurulite??? u know it sells for 1g/per right? u got 600 plat there m8, and i know which one i would rather have xD

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
There are mobs that drop up to 5k of them tho, bosses etc

really! what mob mate? done alot of fg farming of the instances and never had anything like that amount drop. Im guessing maybe the level 50 instances?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
theres are a couple of hard instances in catacombs that are a bitch to get to such if you are in hib for example the one in they nythelheim in frontlines and the one in inconnu crypt in deadlands. Both are surrounded by red-purps at 50, so I'm guessing an fg is needed.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
DocWolfe said:
theres are a couple of hard instances in catacombs that are a bitch to get to such if you are in hib for example the one in they nythelheim in frontlines and the one in inconnu crypt in deadlands. Both are surrounded by red-purps at 50, so I'm guessing an fg is needed.

i was under the impression you were talking about Darkspire which does not drop any aurulite

From what i can tell its only classic/si dungeons with entrances to catacombs area's, hence once you enter the catacombs area they are the places to get the aurulite.

as for getting 600k i find that unlikely.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
nope there are aurulite instances throughout the catacombs areas

2 in veil rift/midalb equivalents (~15-30)
2 in glastin forge (~30-40)
2 in queens lab/midalb equivs (~35-45)
1 in frontlines (hib/alb) (~45-50+)
1 in otherworld (alb/mid) (~45-50+)
1 in deadlands of anwn (hib/mid) (~45-50+)

The Deep in Frontlines(hib)
cathib-frontlines.jpg

Inner Sanctum in Deadlands on Annwn(hib)
cathib-deadlands.jpg

Both have mobs 50+ around the enterances

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
tbh, they are a pain, but fg is maybe overkill, couple blockers, dmg dealer + bot can still farm them :)

ive only ever managed to get 10k auru's max :(

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I did 2 runs in Barrows last night , made about 1 k each trip =)

Going to do a Guild run tonight , see how it goes =)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Well the guild run consited of me , a 47 spirit cabbie and reaver +bot.

The best thing about it was the XP for teh cabbie and for my arti's.

Got 1 very nice necy from the named mob in barrows ( 6% resist to all magic) and it had a health regain charge on it too.

think i'll do a bit of scouting around in catacombes and see what comes up.

Still want to find a good spot and see about farming the alurite and the itamz from the named mob.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
Got 1 very nice necy from the named mob in barrows ( 6% resist to all magic) and it had a health regain charge on it too.

Could you please post a picture of the delve? ;o It sounds really awesome. What mob did it drop off?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
deliah is a slut :p them spikes are a pain in the arse, and she managed to cast in combat too :/

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
deliah is a slut :p them spikes are a pain in the arse, and she managed to cast in combat too :/

and she hits like a fucking truck too.

Hitting me for betweek 350 - 550 a pop .. however i did evade alot and/or parry ... but 5 hits and i'm a dead bunny :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom