Catacombs classes rr5 abilities, overpowered or retarded?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
(or both!)

Warlock:

Boiling Cauldron Active Summons a large cauldron that boils in place for 5 seconds before spilling and doing damage and snaring all those nearby. 10 min

Valkyrie:

Valhalla's Blessing Active Each spell and style used by group members has a chance of not costing power or endurance for 30 seconds. 10 min

Vampiir:

Mark of Prey Active Grants all members of the Vampiir's group a 30 second damage add that stacks with all other forms of damage add. All damage done via the damage add will be returned to the Vampiir as power. 10 min

Bainshee:

Sonic Barrier Active Increases the armor ABS of all groupmates for 45 seconds by a multiple of their existing ABS. 10 min

Heretic:

Fanaticism Active All Heretic groupmates who are able to bind at a keep or tower lord receive a reduction in all spell damage taken for 45 seconds. 10 min

Funkybunny

Banned
Arnor said:
(or both!)

Warlock:

Boiling Cauldron Active Summons a large cauldron that boils in place for 5 seconds before spilling and doing damage and snaring all those nearby. 10 min

Valkyrie:

Valhalla's Blessing Active Each spell and style used by group members has a chance of not costing power or endurance for 30 seconds. 10 min

Vampiir:

Mark of Prey Active Grants all members of the Vampiir's group a 30 second damage add that stacks with all other forms of damage add. All damage done via the damage add will be returned to the Vampiir as power. 10 min

Bainshee:

Sonic Barrier Active Increases the armor ABS of all groupmates for 45 seconds by a multiple of their existing ABS. 10 min

Heretic:

Fanaticism Active All Heretic groupmates who are able to bind at a keep or tower lord receive a reduction in all spell damage taken for 45 seconds. 10 min
warlock: op
valk: cool
vamp: depends how hard the dmg-add is :p
ban: depends on the number, sounds like a vw copy
heretic: boring

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
none of them particularly cheesy compared to the other RAs out there.

People were whining about the Valkyrie one being underwhelming.

Calo

Part of the furniture
im gonna be warlock and be overpowered!!!!!!!!

and then im gonna kill ur smiting cleric!

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
valk is dissapointing, could be good for pve :p

vampiir could be insanely good, depends on his dmg/power ratio

bainshee, like we needed more stuff that kills melee....

heretic, lame

warlock, could be good though very situational

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta say Heretics look extremely boring in comparison to the other realms new classes.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Calo said:
im gonna be warlock and be overpowered!!!!!!!!

and then im gonna kill ur smiting cleric!

meh I have cure poison, reasonable hp and a stun :p

but my heretic will levi your ass :p (can't spec a heretic for nukes naturally - levi for the gimp!) :)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
People were whining about the Valkyrie one being underwhelming.

It's 100 times better than the thane one which is underpowered and bugged to hell still ;(

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ehm, how can people say that the heretic one is bad? Less magic damage for 45 sec sounds like heaven to me. Perfect to pop at the start of a fg fight or when charging to or from a tower/keep etc. Seems people are just stuck in a "omg-warlock-is-owerpowered-mode" :touch:

Ofc, before we have some actuall numbers its hard to say whats good or not :)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
I think the Heretic one sounds great, especially for a Heretic/Reaver duo.

Heretic hides in tower and uses Fanatiscm and DI whilst Reaver runs outside and bombs ontop of his twf. Reaver runs back inside to recycle RA's whilst Heretic nukes with the uniterruptable from range. Add in a cleric for another DI and my 3 accounts are looking good :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
The heretic one is decent, the warlock one is crap I mean he put down a cauldron so its easy to avoid. The bainshee one is good I guess, shouldt effect casters absorb fact as I understand it so no caster godmode. The valkyrie one is well, decent depending on the values. Healers casting spreadheal free for example. Vampiir is sort of a selfish RA, but I guess its good if you use them in group since a Vampiir out of power doesn't seem to be to good.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Ehm, how can people say that the heretic one is bad? Less magic damage for 45 sec sounds like heaven to me. Perfect to pop at the start of a fg fight or when charging to or from a tower/keep etc

Aye..added up with aom, empty mind and sob (if it stacks with them) could get close to 100% spell damage resistance for some classes for 30-45 seconds every 10 minutes (depending on what value the RA is at ofc). Not to be sniffed at :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
the warlock one is crap I mean he put down a cauldron so its easy to avoid.

Not with all the CC options already available. Timed well could be a right killer (depending on the damage values and the radius ofc).

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
I think the Heretic one sounds great, especially for a Heretic/Reaver duo.

Heretic hides in tower and uses Fanatiscm and DI whilst Reaver runs outside and bombs ontop of his twf. Reaver runs back inside to recycle RA's whilst Heretic nukes with the uniterruptable from range. Add in a cleric for another DI and my 3 accounts are looking good :)

bomb gets nerfed you know ^^

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Cauldron could be fun in some cases.. ie pop a cauldron just before a tower/keep door breaks and the enemy comes rushing in (i mean they always do!). I honestly doubt it will be very useful/used in openfield RvR.

The Heretic RA can be most useful when fighting those chanters/spiritmasters one so regularly finds on top of towers.. sometimes you'd think they're part of the construction ;)

Have nothing to say about the other RA's at the moment.. need more complete info really.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
bomb gets nerfed you know ^^

Only by a tiddly amount.

ML8 still hits for exactly the same, and SQ hits for around 460 instead of it's current 590-620. The loss of 140 damage and 120 points return is irrelevant when you are hitting 20-30 people.

And with DT + WP the crits overcome the nerf :)

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Only by a tiddly amount.

ML8 still hits for exactly the same, and SQ hits for around 460 instead of it's current 590-620. The loss of 140 damage and 120 points return is irrelevant when you are hitting 20-30 people.

And with DT + WP the crits overcome the nerf :)

well, im not gonna be bombastic here(although i am mistar lova lova) since I havent actually seen/tried it post patch myself,
but bomb as it is = essence damage, right?
While bomb post patch= spirit damage, right?
Therefore I would conclude that since you instead of seeing 0% resists against your bomb as is the fact now, you will be seeing from 0-50(ish)% resists, which would in turn yield alot lower dmg then your 140dmg loss you stated.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Warlock 4teh nerf.

(What'll you bet me warlock takes a hit from the bat first :) )

It probably will, since albs with their superior numbers can generate more whine than mids and hibs ;/

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
It probably will, since albs with their superior numbers can generate more whine than mids and hibs ;/

Nothing to do with the highest damage output at the furthest range, and feedback from beta and initial cats release in US already saying its too much (across all 3 realms) then?

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Warlock and BD groups will be fotm in Catacombs. Especially when both have BL and instants! :m00:

Personally, I would prefer rolling bainshee, warlock or vampiir before trying heretic.... :p

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Ehm, how can people say that the heretic one is bad? Less magic damage for 45 sec sounds like heaven to me. Perfect to pop at the start of a fg fight or when charging to or from a tower/keep etc. Seems people are just stuck in a "omg-warlock-is-owerpowered-mode"

Heretic's rr5 ability looks cool indeed. The class though generally is pve oriented :/

When the most of the spells are focus i dont thing that they can be useful on rvr.

But propably they made it on purpose in order for the new buyers not to join the realm of albion. I hope their trick to work :)

HitManDan

Fledgling Freddie
Classes that can use the "/recall" are: Armsman, Cleric, , Friar, Mercenary, Minstrel, Paladin, Reaver

heretics RA don't sound to bad then :)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
HitManDan said:
Classes that can use the "/recall" are: Armsman, Cleric, , Friar, Mercenary, Minstrel, Paladin, Reaver

heretics RA don't sound to bad then :)

well, give baod instead which does same thing but for all classes?! :)

Oh, and if you check rps of new classes you can easily see what's fotm. One warlock got about 500k in one week! :eek7:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Funkybunny said:
warlock: op
valk: cool
vamp: depends how hard the dmg-add is :p
ban: depends on the number, sounds like a vw copy
heretic: boring
How about warlock: depends on how much dmg it does? :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom