Games Castlevania Lord of Shadows

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Anyone else get this?. Finished my copy today and enjoyed the gfx,music,story,atmopshere,replayability loads.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Tried the demo and thought it was a bad God of War clone. How does the full thing compare to the demo? Is the horse riding section really shite or is it just me?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I found gameplay to be similiar to gods of war aswell but overall the game was way way better. IMO anyway

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Way better than God of War? I know I only played the demo, but there's no chance of that being true. ¬_¬

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The Story,setting,music,atmosphere do it for me. The gameplay itself is just like GOW with more puzzles. It also has better replay value due to fact after u complete each level a trial/challenge opens up for that level and the fact when u get more powerfull you can explore earlier levels to reach places and items you couldnt reach before, due to things like super strengh or double jump ect. Finally its size, its way way bigger than gow3 so you feel you get more value for your money.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That's a huge claim to make, one I've not seen backed up by most impressions of the game I've read.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Most forums ive seen have had people who either love it or just like it. Almost every person who doesnt like so much either had different expectations of how a castlevania game should be or try to hard to defend and compare it to gods of war.

How in the world did Castlevania get a 7.5?? - IGN Boards
that thread is an example and gives a prety varied set of views.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Well I didn't really want to have it compared to God of War (I mean, unfair comparison...), I was just asking if the demo was an accurate representation of the game or not. Because the demo was shit.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Oh didnt mean you m8, i mean ppl on forums who go crazy defending it lol. As far as demo goes i found it soso but prefered retail game much more due to getting into the story

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's Castlevania. I'll complete it :)

(wait for a price drop though...)

eksdee

FH is my second home
i can understand why the god of war fanboys are apprehensive, but after you get past the first couple of levels and start gaining combos this game gets really great. the combat system is good, the visuals are stunning and the exploring/puzzling elements are really great. think this will be one of the few single player games i actually complete this year.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Played the demo last night and was quite impressed, will wait for the price drop, though its a must buy because of Patrick Stewart narrating.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Not tried the demo but from what i've read people who actually have the game really like it, as others said though price drop will come very fast for a game like this as it won't sell great.

Defo will get it when its a tenner at christmas ;]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom