Casters you get screwed again by GOA

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
Majestic Will nerf is live on Euro servers. No refund of points spect so you been double screwed once by goa.

Back to staff hitting lev 70+ mobs. Way to go Mythic you fuckwits.

Dark age of Tankalot for t3h w1n.

Poma

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Patched yesterday in the states....

Majestic Will Changes

As you know, the documentation for the Majestic Will realm ability says that it gives the user a bonus to hit – 5% per level, and up to three levels. So, technically, at its best, Majestic Will should have been granting a bonus of 15%.

Players who have been blowing away epic monsters, however, know that the actual granted bonus is much higher. We’ve always tracked how often the epic monsters and dragons die, and the rate is fast increasing. So, we need to make Majestic Will reflect its listed documentation immediately.

- Majestic Will has had its timer reduced from 30 minutes to 10 minutes. This change is already on live servers as of February 24, 2004.

- The Augmented Acuity III pre-requisite for Majestic Will has been removed.

- There will remain three levels of Majestic Will. Unfortunately, we didn't foresee some of the technical difficulties involved in making our first 5 level *active* realm ability. (All the other "five level" RAs are passive abilities.) Since this will involve more testing than we can accomplish in an evening, we’ve decided to keep Majestic Will at three levels for now (but at the costs we promised yesterday). It was a top priority to get the "refund" patch to the live servers. We will revisit Majestic Will along with all the other Realm Abilities during the RA review that will occur in New Frontiers.

- Cost per level will be: Level I - 1 point, Level II - 3 points, Level III - 6 points.

- All costs and bonuses are cumulative; meaning that Majestic Will III will cost 10 realm ability points and give a 15% bonus against spell resists.

Majestic Will Refund

- Players that have previously purchased Majestic Will now have the realm ability removed from their characters and their realm skill points refunded.

WardyWonderland

Fledgling Freddie
Um its not been nerefed, just made to do what it says on the label. Anyone who thought that Mythic would let it carry on, when it was obviously doing more damage then it was meant to, was a fool to themselves.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
please stop blaming GOA its MYTHIC ffs, they changed it, and it was felt to be if such importance that it should be fixed NOW, ffs just look at all the MW raids that were being planned, people were exploiting the bug and it deserved to be fixed, theyre not nerfing you , now go crawl back under your rock till you find a valid point to whine about.

Laryssa

Regular Freddie
Cyviel said:
please stop blaming GOA its MYTHIC ffs, they changed it, and it was felt to be if such importance that it should be fixed NOW, ffs just look at all the MW raids that were being planned, people were exploiting the bug and it deserved to be fixed, theyre not nerfing you , now go crawl back under your rock till you find a valid point to whine about.

stfu.jpg

they changed it - ok
they refunded the points - no

if they change it, they should do the complete job and not half of it.

I have no prob with MW nerfed - but i want my 30 RA points back.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
no what you really mean is, you want back the 30 RA pts you spent on an RA YOU KNEW wasnt working as intended but you got it anyway because you KNEW you could exploit it. why should you get pts back? you shouldnt, it now does what it is supposed to do, they havnt changed the description of the RA, it doesnt do anything it isnt supposed to... really you have no ground to stand on here, perhaps next time before you post calling someone a newbie you should look at your own factless,and groundless argument before whine-ing! im glad it got nerfed... EVERYONE knew it was expoloitable and they did exploit it! get over it.

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
Cyviel said:
no what you really mean is, you want back the 30 RA pts you spent on an RA YOU KNEW wasnt working as intended but you got it anyway because you KNEW you could exploit it. why should you get pts back? you shouldnt, it now does what it is supposed to do, they havnt changed the description of the RA, it doesnt do anything it isnt supposed to... really you have no ground to stand on here, perhaps next time before you post calling someone a newbie you should look at your own factless,and groundless argument before whine-ing! im glad it got nerfed... EVERYONE knew it was expoloitable and they did exploit it! get over it.

Everyone KNEW that savages were overpowered, everyone KNEW that quadhit rate was bugged. If I think the way you do, all savages were bug abusers. Everyone KNEW that archers are overpowered because there wasn't a 2nd LoS check after releasing an arrow (shooting through walls/doors/trees/...). So they are bug abusers too. Everyone KNEW that zerkers and SB were abusing the LA "bug". More bug abusers. All wizzis were abusing VP too..

You get the point now?

MW was overpowered, no doubt. But it wasn't bug abusing, cause mythic made it work like that, it was using a feature of the game. A feature that isn't easy to get, you need rr5 just for MW3, but then you cant chain cast for 1min, so better rr6 to get a least mcl2 as well. If you say mages with MW are bug abusers, then savages were bug abusers as well (quad-hit-rate bug), and zerkers, and archers, and and and...

MW needed a nerf, I agree. BUT! Going from uber dmg back to ZERO dmg and staff-fighting a mob can be the right way. The MW problem just happend because of that silly resists system. Example: A tank hits a mob for, lets so 100dmg and a caster hits the same mob for 200dmg. Now the same tank hits a bad ass mob mob for 10dmg, so the caster should be able to do 0-20dmg, just to be USEFULL. Playing a mage on epic mob raid is uber boring, I dont wanna wtf solo dragon, I just want be able to hit it at all. I'm a mage, my weapon(s) are spells, but with the new MW I wont be able to do anything again, I just go back to friar-like staff fighting a mob, great. Someone at Mythic realised that mages are suddenly usefull in PvE -> NERF ALARM, mages are usefull, that definitly a bug. A dmg reduce would have done the trick, but now mythic has proven themselfs incompetent once more.

Welcome to Dark Age of Tankalot again.

Laryssa

Regular Freddie
Cyviel said:

:twak:
do u really have an idea what u talking about ? I guess not.
We knew MW helps casters to hit the high lvl mobs hard for 1 min every 30 mins.

Was it overpowered - perhaps (if u take in account how many MW casters are needed to actually do some major harm) - as said i'm not angry about the nerf, but about the halfhearted way they "fixed" it in EU.

Lastest Mythic statement to MW said:
- There will remain three levels of Majestic Will. Unfortunately, we didn't foresee some of the technical difficulties involved in making our first 5 level *active* realm ability. (All the other "five level" RAs are passive abilities.) Since this will involve more testing than we can accomplish in an evening, we’ve decided to keep Majestic Will at three levels for now (but at the costs we promised yesterday). It was a top priority to get the "refund" patch to the live servers. We will revisit Majestic Will along with all the other Realm Abilities during the RA review that will occur in New Frontiers.

They dont even have a clue how to work 5step ACTIVE RAs but implement it right away - applying a hotfix which was not tested in EU even one patch earlier is just outragious - am i a beta tester here ?

Refunding - will need a patch perhaps - when will EU get it ? 2-3 month.
or will it be like the modified EU XML interface - which took them 6 month to provide ?

Well, we will see what impact this early nerf will have on ToA encounters for us EU players.

pls do your +1 posts somewhere else - ty

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Well as usual when a "exploit" gets out in the open, Excalibur chews it up, digest it and shit it out, HELLO NERF!!

I just wonder how the hell mythic came to the conclusion that it was time to nerf it now when they have used it on a Co-op server in the us for quite a while by now?

Answer to the above - They didn't do it as we do on Excalibur, RAPE THE MO***RF***ER AS SOON AS IT HAS POPPED.

They kept on going for a very long time, taking down EPIC mobs now and then.

So who to blame u might ask? Blame those who "abused" it by using it as soon as they got the opportunity to kill it over and over and over again.

I respecced to get an opportunity to get some nice items but for what use did i respec? Sitting around waiting for a spot, just like waiting for a xp-spot, isn't to my likings. So i guess i screwed meself back and forth for nuthin. THX Mythic, now can i get a refund as u state all gonna get.

Laryssa

Regular Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
I bet you farmed the dragon several times so use one of the RA respecs god damnit :p

tbh - i never were on such a raid :eek: :mad:

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
So your saying that GOA have implemented this change in the current (1.67) patch, whereas its in the US 1.68 patch?

But they havent given us RA respec like the Yanks did.

:confused: :confused:

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
I really doubt GOA has put this in 1.67 as it isnt live on the US servers.

Laryssa its the US servers we are talking about not the EU. Stop making crap up like this as it confuses people, there is NO news of GOA about this (as they are busy with launching ToA) and the only news people have is from mythic. So they havent halfhearted fixed it on EU, unless GOA took over a bugfix that hasnt been tested on mythics servers and didnt put any news about it (also the 1.67 was on the EU servers before mythic put up the news of 1.68j).

And I doubt Cyviel meant that the people who used MW should be banned or suspended, just that on the EU servers people will know how powerful it is and use the ability in the most powerful way.

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:

Laryssa its the US servers we are talking about not the EU. Stop making crap up like this as it confuses people, there is NO news of GOA about this (as they are busy with launching ToA) and the only news people have is from mythic. So they havent halfhearted fixed it on EU, unless GOA took over a bugfix that hasnt been tested on mythics servers and didnt put any news about it (also the 1.67 was on the EU servers before mythic put up the news of 1.68j).

And I doubt Cyviel meant that the people who used MW should be banned or suspended, just that on the EU servers people will know how powerful it is and use the ability in the most powerful way.

Check Camelot-europe.com news....

- The realm ability Majestic Will has been changed today and is now in the same condition as it is on the US servers of Mythic. The bonus given by the realm ability were far above what they should have been. Mythic therefore decided to fix this bug yesterday and we followed this decision since it was already affecting the European servers. The Realm ability Majestic Will is also now on a 10 minutes timer. Other changes will be done in a few days regarding this realm ability

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
What sucks most is that this nerf was done again in the professional mythic style. The new 5 lvl MW is bugged too apperantly, they say they hit mobs VERY rarely with it. And its just fucking stupid that they didn't give the points back.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Gama said:
Check Camelot-europe.com news....

- The realm ability Majestic Will has been changed today and is now in the same condition as it is on the US servers of Mythic. The bonus given by the realm ability were far above what they should have been. Mythic therefore decided to fix this bug yesterday and we followed this decision since it was already affecting the European servers. The Realm ability Majestic Will is also now on a 10 minutes timer. Other changes will be done in a few days regarding this realm ability

still doesnt mean you wont get a refund later, if you havent gotten it now. GoA just thought it was important to fix this, before it influenced ToA and they do say there will be more changes regarding this ability later.

Laryssa

Regular Freddie
Driwen said:

you just earned a

stfu.jpg

ty for your contribution to this thread

Jay

Fledgling Freddie
If you guys read the summary on the Herald front page, it said the MW fix notes were "different" to the previous day's notes. That's because Mythic decided to add the points refund for MW afterwards. Unfortunately for us, the fix they sent GOA to install was the old one and didnt include the refund. GOA are waiting on the updated one and you will get your points back.

People need to understand how often this happens. What everyone delightfully pins on GOA so often is more often than not down to Mythic themselves. Mythic make the changes and then either dont send the updates to GOA or send them the wrong ones and then it takes ages for them to resend.

Instead of constantly blaming GOA, take the time to find out exactly what's happening. Remember, changes to classes, gameplay, worlds, etc are all done by Mythic. GOA just license the game. If you want to whine, make sure its at the right people.

Laryssa

Regular Freddie
Jay said:
If you want to whine, make sure its at the right people.

:drink:

well who to blame - the yanks for sending incomplete patches or the
brainless chicken from GOA who install each patch/hotfix with no verification
of the nature of such a patch/hotfix ?

:twak:

Gray-CF

Fledgling Freddie
#celticfist on quakenet

pm jozen he will give you your RA points back !!

tho i heard he then asks for 'odd' favours :eek6:

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Cyviel said:
get a clue
new MW is far different from old MW, go read the patch notes twat.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Gray-CF said:
#celticfist on quakenet

pm jozen he will give you your RA points back !!

tho i heard he then asks for 'odd' favours :eek6:
really? i shall try right now

*Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
Cyviel said:

Exactly what I tought:I find funny how the guy who wrote that getting insulted;when the only reason you respecced for majestic will III it's cause some videos of USA players killing Princes/Legions/dragons in a few second started to appear in Vgn boards and #quakenet.

I really doubt exist a single player in european servers who got this RA for any other reason than abuse it,you should be happy you didnt get banned.

I would prolly have abused it myself if I had an hight lvl/rr caster,but whine cause GOA didn't give you a free respec after have fixed this BUG,it's hilarius and show how much mature you are.

*Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
Laryssa said:
they changed it - ok
they refunded the points - no

if they change it, they should do the complete job and not half of it.

I have no prob with MW nerfed - but i want my 30 RA points back.

Laryssa Ravenhurst,
Guild The Brotherhood of Hibernia
Realm Points 561,305 (Last week: 2,022)
Realm Rank Raven Ardent (RR5)

Here someone who abused the bug.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
QQ :m00: :m00:
Only reason u specced MW was the overpowered effect, dropping very high level mobs ver quickly (which u knew would be nerfed eventually), so imo u dont deserve a respec since u knew it was a bug. Use that RA Respec stone u farmed from the dragon who dropped in 60 secs if youre so annoyed at no free respec or wait till they give you one next fix.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
*Ialkarn said:
I really doubt exist a single player in european servers who got this RA for any other reason than abuse it,you should be happy you didnt get banned.
Or *gasp* could it possibly be that DD-casters saw ONE expensive way to actually be useful on epic raids? ( and no, I didn't get MW - but the thought was tempting )

Sadly enough, the old version didn't just work on resist calculations, it also affected the damage. Wait and see how the new (much cheaper) version will work before whining. ( especially the 5-level version ).

And Chronictank - think before you post, please.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon said:
get a clue
new MW is far different from old MW, go read the patch notes twat.
you mean it works properly now TWAT
go away under your rock fool before you look even more stupid

jessgade

Loyal Freddie
Chronictank said:
QQ :m00: :m00:
Only reason u specced MW was the overpowered effect, dropping very high level mobs ver quickly (which u knew would be nerfed eventually), so imo u dont deserve a respec since u knew it was a bug. Use that RA Respec stone u farmed from the dragon who dropped in 60 secs if youre so annoyed at no free respec or wait till they give you one next fix.

A quote from VNboards that really sums up my feelings about Mythics priorities:

The concern and frustration is that Mythic nerfed the work-around NOT the problem. The probelm is damage caster can do nothing to help damage these epic mobs. We sufer 100% resists on damage and debuff spells and merely whiff with our staves.

No, Mythic didn't FIX anything, they took away the only work-around to the real problem without giving an alternative solution. Now a sizable portion of their player-base - Damage Casters - have no role beyond taking screen shoots and providing role-play dialogue while their seer, viking and rogue friends try to kill these beasts.

"Runecarving Runemistress seeks dragon raid group. I offer entertaining banter, speed song for the trip to the lair, and 10 second bladeturn during the raid! "

As a Spiritmaster I cannot offer speed or bladeturns to groups -so Im now left with "entertaining banter" ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom