Caster AF Bug is Fixed. so stop screaming already :)

O

old.Charonel

because anyone reading this in one fo the other million threads about the af bug would have to go through five pages of whines, i'm posting this seperately, many probably already know, but for those that dont:

http://www.camelot-europe.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=505

there, done, they're sorting/sorted it, now stop flaming :D

<waits for bolt casters to start screaming about being nerfed :flame:>

M

mele-nko

not fix just yet :)
I can still enjoy 500+dam 1hand damage hits for a whole day ^^

D

DocWolfe

tbh its the players fault, they should have reported it while they had the chance to test it on gorre. Lots of ppl were on there, ganking in emain someone should have noticed it then, not 3 days later.

M

Meatballs

can we have GTAOE fixed too? or that asking too much :p

O

old.Jeriraa

1st gtae doesn't tick like intended. Its a 1sec duration spell that should tick 2/sec. Sometimes it does, often it doesn't.
2nd if you got a target (player/mob) selected when casting and the target dissapears/dies before the nuke went off the cast is canceld thou the actual target is a ground target and has nothing to do with a selected player/mob.
3rd if you have a player or mob selected and cast a gtae a nuke gfx displays on that player/mob. It doesnt harm anyone but it's irritating.

That post on camelot-europe gave me a laugh... 'the personal shield buffs for casters were not working correctly'
They were not working in any way. They simply did nothing. I Experiemented with my Runie and always got hit by the same damage by purp cons not matter if I was buffed with AF, absorb or unbuffed.

O

old.Emma

weeee i can go back to playing my runie without fear of being 1 shotted by a grey con mob :D

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Jeriraa
1st gtae doesn't tick like intended. Its a 1sec duration spell that should tick 2/sec. Sometimes it does, often it doesn't.
2nd if you got a target (player/mob) selected when casting and the target dissapears/dies before the nuke went off the cast is canceld thou the actual target is a ground target and has nothing to do with a selected player/mob.
3rd if you have a player or mob selected and cast a gtae a nuke gfx displays on that player/mob. It doesnt harm anyone but it's irritating.

1. This is an added 'feature', it's not meant to hit more than once but it does :)

2. this happens for all spells (cast a group heal, monster dies, group heal gets interrupted, same for pbaoe)

3. GTAoE doesn't work on enemy players - that's the bug :) it works fine on monsters.

O

old.Jeriraa

1. Is not an added 'feature'. The spell has a duration of 1 second and _is_ intended to tick twice in that time afaik.

2. Didn't know that. Never used group heals nor pbae.

3. My gtae works fine on enemy players!

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by old.Docwolfe
tbh its the players fault, they should have reported it while they had the chance to test it on gorre. Lots of ppl were on there, ganking in emain someone should have noticed it then, not 3 days later.

Fair point, but remember that we've never had the Prydwen database loaded on there ever.

F

Flimgoblin

1. Is not an added 'feature'. The spell has a duration of 1 second and _is_ intended to tick twice in that time afaik.

2. Didn't know that. Never used group heals nor pbae.

3. My gtae works fine on enemy players!

1. it _sometimes_ ticks twice as intended :) it all depends when the timer is running (it's actually the same code as the warden thornweed field, just it only lasts one second - if you cast it at the right time, it'll do the initial cast damage then get the 'tick' before the duration runs out and hit twice, think of it as a critical ;))

2. tis an annoying bug with all spells really :) sounds like a bad hack someone put in to stop people casting on dead monsters ;)

3. hrm what level of gtaoe? mine's the level 30ish earth one

O

old.Jeriraa

Mine is 35 and energy based I think. Hit lvl 50 Albs for up to 80 when I was lvl 37.

O

old.Tohtori

Mine is 35 and energy based I think. Hit lvl 50 Albs for up to 80 when I was lvl 37.

Try to read that really fast three times, very funny :D

F

Flimgoblin

waah, mine just shows nice rippley effects on stealthers, then fails miserably to do any damage... I aim it at the top of the wall and fire it - more ripples, no damage.

waah

O

old.windforce

'bah, was thinking tanks get some loving at last
now its a bug :(

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn

Fair point, but remember that we've never had the Prydwen database loaded on there ever.

doubt they'd have noticed either :) they'd have all been testing their "uber" specs and dueling in emain too.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.windforce
'bah, was thinking tanks get some loving at last
now its a bug :(

tanks got loving, they get more next patch too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom