Cash limit on a player?

T

Tualatin

Is there some kind of cash limit (in coin that is, not value in drops, seals counted etc) that a player can carry?

And if so, how high is that & why?

G

Gadd

probably 100mithrill, coz it's a nice round even number, like anyone will even get 1 mithrill though

Y

Yussef

Its around 200 plats now, there is a thread on VN somewhere with exact figures. With a bug you can get a mithril due to some coding errors or something.

P

parisienscot

The max is somewhere on the US boards, can't remember what exactly but I think it's around 214P 748G 36S 47C . Which leads to the shocking truth that in fact Mythril pieces do not exist!

But anyway after we get the housing patch no one will ever have more than 6 copper on their characters ;)

PS I sneakily edited my post with the right amount ;)

J

Jupitus

I'm sure I have had 9 mithril on me before now - shame it wasn't on Prydwen, only on test :p

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by Jupitus
I'm sure I have had 9 mithril on me before now - shame it wasn't on Prydwen, only on test :p

heh! so its not only beer that drags you out of hiding, eh? :clap:

nice to see your well, jup :)

N

Nightchill

it's about 247 plat I think, anything more and it goes negative. something to do with using signed longs. *shrug*

D

Danya

You have to wonder why they made mithril pieces at all... :p

F

Flesh

Originally posted by Danyan
For the more expensive prostitutes Dany ;-o

A

Aravis

Originally posted by Danyan

Originally (in Mythic beta) 1 plat was 100 gold, 1 mithril was 100 gold, then they changed it to 1 plat = 1000 gold

K

Kagato.

I believe the limit was about 214 plat and you get the error 'this person is to rich' if you try to hand them more money.

Happend during an event on the germen servers where there was an entrance fee to something.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Jupitus
No you didn't. :p

We tested this a lot. The NPC that dished out the XP/Gold (When it was first put in the test world) gave out 1.5 plats at a time. I got up to around 250 plats each on Steele and Anwyr. Beyond that, the numbers went all funny and started going negative. After one of the patches, it was restricted that no player could exceed 145 or so after a trade, and 220 became the safe value.

However, it MAY be possible to stretch that a bit, if you gained the money by normal means. But you sure as hell didn't have 9 Mithril...you couldn't even afford to pay me for all those armours I made for you. :p

-G

O

old.windforce

2xx pplat max?
i better stop farming then ;)

M

mid-sinister

Im sure when people killed that level 103 guy on pvp server they got over a mithril in loot or something.

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by Aravis
1 plat was 100 gold, 1 mithril was 100 gold

so wether U have 1M or 1P .. U still have 100G ... doesn't make any sense to me .. but wtf, not much do ;)

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by mid-sinister
Im sure when people killed that level 103 guy on pvp server they got over a mithril in loot or something.
Yes, you are probably right. However, this is a single amount, not a gradual build up.

I never said it wasn't possible to have Mithril, it's just how you get there I guess. :)

Like...for example...had your expedition into Albion been on a PvP server, I'm sure your cash would have been bugged after Day 2. :p

-G

G

Gadd

so lemme see, u can get a max of about 2XX plat and a mansion costs 100plat (2p rent) .... hmm odd, plus you got all add-ons like merchants etc

u think they'll bump up the max limit for foundations? i mean theres alot of money to spend there (decorations etc)

A

Aravis

Originally posted by greenfingers
so wether U have 1M or 1P .. U still have 100G ... doesn't make any sense to me .. but wtf, not much do ;)

It was late ;)

In beta; 1P = 100G, 1M=100P

In retail; 1P = 1000G, 1M=1000P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom