Carry On movies

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What's your favourite Carry On... movie ?

Who's your favourite actor / actress / character ?

Mine's Jim Dale as Doctor Nookie

portrait-dale.JPG

in this scene:

carryagain2.JPG

carryonagain_07.jpg

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
am i allowed to say

i think they are all a load of shite

?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
have to agree with tris here, cant stand the carry one movies all that 70's innuendo and irritating giggling makes me squirm....

however i do seem to remember a long long time ago when i was a kid there was one that i quite enjoyed it was one of the really old black and white ones called "carry on spying" i think, and they all worked in a detective agency, didnt seem to be as crappy as the rest but if i saw it now not sure what i'd think.

the worst one is easy to name "Carry on Emmanuelle" that one is soooo bad its not even good.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I love the Carry on Films!

I think Frankie Howerd was a great, shame his ticker gave up on him

Any of you bored, watch the "Up Pompeii" movie, makes me giggle like a schoolboy every time!

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Carry On Up The Khyber has to take it, the dinner scene at the end where they all carry on eating at though nothing is happening whilst the building around them collapses is pure comedy gold. :) They went through a real golden patch around that era with Doctor, Henry, Camping all being great.

I love them just about all of them but by the time the cast left in the mid 70's the series had gone down hill and the less said about some of the later ones the better...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Gibbo said:
Carry On Up The Khyber has to take it, the dinner scene at the end where they all carry on eating at though nothing is happening whilst the building around them collapses is pure comedy gold.

Thats because they are British!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The guy in carry on camping with ze glasses, was like the leader of all the girls.

Hale him for he was the king of sexual innoeudos (sp?)

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
For me it has to be Carry On Screaming. I can't really recall any of the innuendo and the giggling. It's a very good parody of the horror genre.

The worst one without a doubt is the most recent one when they tried to bring them back. I speak about Carry On Columbus of course.

And yes Ezteq, the one you are talking about is Carry On Spying, and it's still a pretty decent comedy by todays standards.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me......

ha ha Greatest comedy line ever.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Agree that the ones done in the 60's and 70's with the original Carry On cast were the best. TBH if they don't have the original gang, they're not proper Carry Ons in my opinion. The recent movies under the Carry On title are truly shocking and don't count.

I know many ppl who can't stand them, but I know more ppl who ROFL at them.

Is it anything to do with the fact that I'm over 30 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom