Carpet cleaning

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ok, my front room carpet is absolutely filthy. Its a beige/cream hard wool type of thing (sort of neutral carpet so popular these days). Its covered with 3 years of accumulated dust, brickdust, cement dust, wood shavings, soot, and general muck from the work I've been doing on the house. Recently, its got much worse as I've been installing a cast iron fireplace.

I've used one of those cleaning machines from Johnsons before, but they're not that great, so I'm thinking of paying a man to do it.

Anybody had it done? How successful are they? The carpet is worth about £200, so if we're talking £100 to clean it I may as well just buy a new one.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
To be honest I'd suggest just buying a new one. Even if they clean it good it'll never look as good as a brand new one.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Whipped said:
To be honest I'd suggest just buying a new one. Even if they clean it good it'll never look as good as a brand new one.

Troo dat.
All the carpet places have got sales on now so it's a good time to buy.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Go to Safeways, hire the Rug Doctor. Works pretty damn well.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Rug Doctor? Sounds sensual.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Me mam alwys give the carpet a hoover before mixing some laundry liquid with water and basically scrubbing the carpet with a brush.

Works a treat.

Tilda

Make sure all the work is finished before you buy a new one! Lay down dust sheets(old curtains etc over carpet/furniture) in future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom