Football Carling Cup Final

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Today showed why Lennon will never in the same class as Walcott, no end product.

Great to see Hairy Ballsack on the verge of tears, lets hope Boro hump them on Wednesday and help the Spurs blaze a trail all the way to 'The Championship'! :p

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Cho correct me if I'm wrong, but after today we have won 57 trophies including charity shield etc, Liverpool have won 58?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Cho correct me if I'm wrong, but after today we have won 57 trophies including charity shield etc, Liverpool have won 58?

No, iirc we are a few behind because Liverpool have more UEFA cups and League cups and ofc one more league title. Most people don't count Charity Shields and the one off game trophies either like the Super Cup.

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
Who thinks Man U can do the domestic treble this year? I wouldn't put it past them, think they ahve got the league under controll now, 7 points clear and a game in hand still, and are up against Fulham in the FA next round...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So? He's still shit compared to Fabregas, the song is bullshit.

Lol no he isn't, iirc he has taken Fab out of 3 games in the last 2 years and made him look ordinary.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Who thinks Man U can do the domestic treble this year? I wouldn't put it past them, think they ahve got the league under controll now, 7 points clear and a game in hand still, and are up against Fulham in the FA next round...

Long way to go yet, we are in the driving seat but strange things happen in football and injuries will always play a part.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
United fans in the pub here in Didsbury (yes there are United fans in Manchester) covered themselves in glory by singing "Spurs are on their way to Belsen, Hitler's gonna gas 'em again", *****

We tried our best, Lennon looked quality but oh how I wish we had a final ball of some sort :|

Pavlyuchenko looked pretty useless, Ben Foster is still a ****, but kept United in it with two fantastic saves.

Oh well, time to concentrate on not getting relegated :(

Also, please retire Bentley, you're a fucking waste of space.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie

We will need luck and not many more injuries.

Our squad is awesome, today we left out Berba, Rooney, Carrick, Fletcher, Vds, Neville.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
But doing so meant you were unable to score from open play against Spurs.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i hate it when things are won on penalties :p

just doesnt seem right! bring back golden goals! :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
was a pretty poor game, but to be honest i wasnt too suprised at that one.

Ronaldo should have got that penalty, poor refereeing there. Guess it was leveled up wth the fact oshea could easily got a second booking... that be why he was subbed though. He was one tackle from walking.

I am pleased anderson is back. He made some good serging runs and breaks up play so well. Sure he not got the passing ability of carrick/scholes but that not what he there for. He will get his goal eventually and then he probably score more regularly. Think he lacking the confidence at the moment infront of goal. But he is so cool, he was never gonna miss the penalty, just like in the CL final.
He is the sort of midfielder that totally cancels out top playmakers, that why he so good up against the likes of fabby. He not got the technical skills of fabregas but he so strong at making these players a non-issue. fabregas cant do the stuff anderson can, and vica-versa. But in the united team i would always take anderson first because we got other players to do the playmaking.

We played poor, and got the win. That important. Im glad fergi didnt play VDS and some the vetrans that hardly appeared (or in VDS account hasnt appeared at all), just because it a final. Our semi fringe team held out against spurs first team so cant complain. Foster showed why he better then kuszczak once again.

If Lennon actually could do something with the ball he would be one the top wingers and utd would have been in alot of danger today. Luckily he proved he still clueless after beating the defender.

Hopefully it gives the team an extra edge for the end of the season, knowing that they won one cup could push them further in the other cup competitions. And once more we wont need to be scarred of a game going to penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom