News Carbon emissions 'defer Ice Age'

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Best bet is to not give f*ck and not jump on bandwagons started on silly science articles :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Great news! Now we just need to warm it up enough so that I don't have to put the heating on!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This shit is about as useful as saying at the present rate of acceleration my car will reach the speed of light in 2070.

rynnor

Rockhound
Is it April fools day?

This starts badly and just gets worse.

1 relies on reconstructed data of past interglacials.

2 compares said reconstruction with recent records but we cant even agree when the last glaciation phase finished so comparing them is meaningless.

3 one thing we do know is that the conditions will not be the same in the next ice age because they never are.

4 We will all be long dead before they could be proven wrong so its a soft target.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
To be honest I believe that J. Craig Venter or someone like him will solve this particular problem long before that.

rynnor

Rockhound
I am not even sure it has finished receding...

I thought the idea is the icecaps recede at the end of an ice age, which apparently they are still doing at an "OMFG ALARMING!11212!!!" rate*

*even though, technically they aren't according to a study. http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2005/sea_ice.html [/quote]

When you are really out of an Ice age theres no ice at the poles - but the world in general has cooled since the cretaceous high so we are now stuck in a cycle of repeated glaciation - maybe its the run up to a snowball earth event in a few million years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom