caravan lag

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
ok this is annoying me now, anyone know why my fps drops alot when i face them caravan thingies? it never happened before i "upgraded", and it doesnt happen on my gf's PC (same network). i just upgraded my cpu and board from amd64 3400 socket 754 to a amd 3500 socket 939. both boards are msi....

any help is appreciated as its making me cry irl :(

Tilda

I get a similar thing.
One idea I do have is this;

Caravans, if attacked suddenly spawn 1000000 npcs to defend themselves.
My idea is, that they are there all the time, but invisible.
Thus, your lag is due to 100000 npc's walking along with the caravan except invisible.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
those caravans have specifically been implementated to cause lag to certain people ;)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Same problem here.
I upgraded my comp 2-3 months ago. Everything else runs smoother of course, but now i have the same lag as you have when facing a caravan.
Didn't have it on my old comp.

Upgraded to pretty much the same as you, 3500+, 939. 2 gig ram and all...

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
same problem here :p like 15 fps looking at a caravan

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Ugh, it's so annoying, the amount of lag i get from one of them caravans is almost exactly the same i get from 1 fg inc... so you go all paranoid trying to find where the inc is coming from, then you see it's only a caravan...

Must be something like tilda says, 1 caravan shouldn't really cause the same amount of lag as a fg or more players. Has to be some hidden npc's or something.

This is btw on a centrino 1.8ghz (equal to about p4 3.0), 1gb ram, ati 9700 pro. It's not as bad as Lomme, i still have good fps looking at them, it's just you notice when they first spawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom