Rant Car Tax - Future payments

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I know my CO2 is quite high and I was curious on how much I would have to pay in the next few years.

BBC NEWS | Special Reports | 629 | 629 | New car tax rates for 2009

I can understand my tax being high because of the car I drive but **** me this is damn right stupid amount of money for taxing your car.

2008 - £245
2009 - £440
2010 - £950!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2011 - £455 onwards

People work hard to have nice things and for me its my car (Subaru Impreza WRX STI). But after seeing the Tax I will no doubt have to sell it because of this as I wont be able to keep up with the payments and the petrol prices that keep going up and up.

What a Shite country we live in, no wonder so many people are living abroad now.

I must say what a bunch of money stealing ******* they are....

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
It's a shit system.

What the chick from the green party proposed on Question Time seemed a hell of a lot fairer tbh, they were going to scrap car tax completely and instead tax those who travel more through petrol costs or whatever.

Car tax is unfair on those people who dont use there car very much. Fairer to tax those who use cars more like those company car driving asses who trundle up and down the motorway all day long

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
What a Shite country we live in, no wonder so many people are living abroad now.

And your making the country any better? I bet your car has a big exhaust aswell so it wakes everyone up as you drive past their house at night.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
It's a shit system.

What the chick from the green party proposed on Question Time seemed a hell of a lot fairer tbh, they were going to scrap car tax completely and instead tax those who travel more through petrol costs or whatever.

Car tax is unfair on those people who dont use there car very much. Fairer to tax those who use cars more like those company car driving asses who trundle up and down the motorway all day long

That Green Party girl banged on about environmental issues and didn't really come up with alternatives other than cars (which ofc means getting more people on public transport) - no-one has come up with a good way of getting the British public to do so which is a horrible quandry :(

I know my CO2 is quite high and I was curious on how much I would have to pay in the next few years.

BBC NEWS | Special Reports | 629 | 629 | New car tax rates for 2009

I can understand my tax being high because of the car I drive but **** me this is damn right stupid amount of money for taxing your car.

2008 - £245
2009 - £440
2010 - £950!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2011 - £455 onwards

People work hard to have nice things and for me its my car (Subaru Impreza WRX STI). But after seeing the Tax I will no doubt have to sell it because of this as I wont be able to keep up with the payments and the petrol prices that keep going up and up.

I must say what a bunch of money stealing ******* they are....

It's obviously not a new topic, as in here (and I suggest not really reading it as, with many FH threads, it is way off topic to the end)

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/off-topic21/228296-carbon-footprint-bollocks.html

I do in some way feel for you, if you want a nice car, then have one - the one bit that gets me is that we seem to pay a hefty price for petrol when millions of gallons are being used by Americans at subsidised prices, and the Russians are literally pissing it away through the broken pipes in Siberia etc.

And we wonder why we're running out ffs??

A garage near me has litre petrol at £116.9p, and diesel at £130.0p - it went past the £1.00p mark recently and now it's fucking silly because now that mental barrier is broken. And we are, geographically, a small fucking country so it shouldn't be this expensive.

Oil companies are shits - just one example:

Shell's record profits branded 'obscene' | Business | guardian.co.uk

£1.5 million an hour? Bastards.

And just to sicken you, Venezuelens pay 0.007p per litre for their petrol. Nice to be them if their country wasn't in such trouble. All the resources, and no order. :confused:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
no offense to the posters of the thread or its owner but, no car, never had one, don't drive, never have even tho in two weeks i am 38. Thus all QQ about oil prices etc and the above = /care xD

Corran

Part of the furniture
The people that get hit badly by this, and will do by the "spy in the sky pay as you go mileage idea" are those that live in more rural areas.

I cant get by without a car, in the 6 years or so I have lived where I do I have seen a Bus TWICE. More so, the bus route goes nowhere near where I work, infact I have to go 90minutes out my way via bus, to get one that goes in the direction of my work. Yeah that feasable..

Cant trust public transport to work correctly, they cant provide necessary routes and yet they moan people use cars.

Maybe if they get of their arse, make subsidised public transport and dont rely on private companies we would talk about using it. Till they do they should shut up, and stop taxing the shit out of us.

Corran

Part of the furniture
no offense to the posters of the thread or its owner but, no car, never had one, don't drive, never have even tho in two weeks i am 38. Thus all QQ about oil prices etc and the above = /care xD

oil price QQ.... i take it you dont use public services (taxi/bus) and you have no electricity/gas in your house? As all these are sky rocketing in price because the oil price!

tierk

Part of the furniture
...... no-one has come up with a good way of getting the British public to do so which is a horrible quandry.....

They have come up with a way to get the public onto public transport - huge increases in fuel taxes. Same principle they used and are using to make people stop smoking - tax the shit out of it!!!

......the one bit that gets me is that we seem to pay a hefty price for petrol when millions of gallons are being used by Americans at subsidised prices....

It isnt subsidised in the States rather that the Government cant get away with charging people 70-80% tax on the cost of a litre of petrol.

......Oil companies are shits - just one example:

Shell's record profits branded 'obscene' | Business | guardian.co.uk

£1.5 million an hour? Bastards.....

They are a business and its expected that they make a profit from the most sought after commodity in the world. Suprised they dont make even more profit tbh. Having said that i would have thought that they would have been stitched a nice windfall tax from the government.

......And just to sicken you, Venezuelens pay 0.007p per litre for their petrol. Nice to be them if their country wasn't in such trouble. All the resources, and no order. :confused:

We pay 75 Dirhams a litre bearing in mind that its 100 dirhams to 1 Riyal and 7 Riyals per Pound on the exchange rate. Its also not the cheapest place in the world, i believe that Iran has that honor.

*****EDIT*****

To the orignal poster - Get yerself a Citroen 2CV as thats about the only way people with normal jobs will be able to run cars in the future!!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
oil price QQ.... i take it you dont use public services (taxi/bus) and you have no electricity/gas in your house? As all these are sky rocketing in price because the oil price!

or use plastics and such materials :) But ye it really doesn't affect you :eek:

soze

I am a FH squatter
I am 100% for this will hopefully stop the wankers buying stupid lan rovers they cant drive to take kids to school.

Buy a sensible car for on the roab and then use your nice car for track days ect. Why people need cars that can do 160mph cars on a 70mph road seems silly.

But then again my view is destorted by the amount of stupid mums with massive cars they can't drive because its fashion.

The £950 is only on brand new cars i think so you only pay it the first year of buying it.

tierk

Part of the furniture
.......Why people need cars that can do 160mph cars on a 70mph road seems silly......

This was something i pointed out in another thread, people where complaining about the cost of perol and oil.

People will have to drastically change the way that they consume oil in the future as it gets more and more expensive.

Is it really required that you have a car that drives at 160mph? Is it important that your car has a 0-60 mph in 3 secs? Do i really need to go to the corner shop with my 6.0 ltr Hummer to buy a pack of ciggies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom