Car stereos

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Does anyone know where I can find some diagrams showing how to wire up car stereos ? Also does anyone know how to do it ? My test-light shows that there is power coming into my stereo but it won't switch on.

Help plz :(

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
you got the speakers wired up?

You got amps in the back? if you do there could be faulty wiring there. If its a clip on facia for the car it might not be pressed in properly.

You could try taking the stereo out using the clips you got with it, or do what i do and use a screwdriver, and see if the power plug is fully plugged in.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's connected so that it has power. It was working but I took it out to work out why the front-left speaker had stopped working. When it came out though it completely lost all power. It should have a little LED on the main unit at all times. A black wire, presumably Earth, seems to be hanging loose between the wire adaptor (it's a peugeot) and the car's input sockets. I don't know which hole it came out of.

It's not the car's audio fuse as there's power to all the wires but the stereo won't switch on at all.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Wij said:
It's connected so that it has power. It was working but I took it out to work out why the front-left speaker had stopped working. When it came out though it completely lost all power. It should have a little LED on the main unit at all times. A black wire, presumably Earth, seems to be hanging loose between the wire adaptor (it's a peugeot) and the car's input sockets. I don't know which hole it came out of.

It's not the car's audio fuse as there's power to all the wires but the stereo won't switch on at all.

what model pug? 306/206/106? What year it from

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Theres 2 lives with car stereos luv. One for permanent live and one for regular power that is usually turned on when the ignition turns on. Hmmmm wonder which one does the illumination, probably the regular live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom