Advice Car selling

gohan

FH is my second home
Selling my car on Ebay as going to uni and can't really justify spending another £400 to get it fixed, car is 1999 peugeot 206 lx just spent £450 in jan getting brakes redone + bearing and drum on one of the back wheels + a new catalyc conveter, has some slight body work damage from when someone crashed into me when it was parked overnight, nothing major, anyone with some skill could probably redo it no worries....

My question is this, given that I can only get like £150 scrap value I'm Ebaying it as spares repiars. I've had quite alot of people ask me for a buy it now price and one offer £250 outright, it's currently got 2 bids on it and is at £160 and has 40 watchers...... what would be a fair price to sell it at? is it worth leaving it to auction and see what happens? is £250 realistically the most i can hope for for a 12yr old non starter? (taxed til end of april MOTed till feb next year)

gohan

FH is my second home
Didn't top up anti freeze :(engine froze, timing belt jumped some teeth, may have (probably has) bent some valves.... havn't had it assesed by garage but RAC man was pretty certain it would need a new head

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Old car market depends on it starting. Most buyers will be looking to buy a car for a few hundred, run it till it stops, scrap it and repeat. I know loads of people who save themselves a fortune buying bangers like this. This probably isn't helpful though :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You'll get more for it in the long run by selling bits and pieces off it. The wheels, for instance.

gohan

FH is my second home
ye I'm aware of that but don't really have the time or storage to pull it apart... or to be fair, the skill

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You don't need skill. You let the buyers take what they want.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm sure they won't mind you dragging it to halls with you.

gohan

FH is my second home
I'm sure they won't mind you dragging it to halls with you.
ye, it's full on banned :< unless you have a medical condition you agree not to run a car in the city if you're in halls. OFC you can still run it, they can't stop you, but there's no where to park near the uni

Jeros

Part of the furniture
ye, it's full on banned :< unless you have a medical condition you agree not to run a car in the city if you're in halls. OFC you can still run it, they can't stop you, but there's no where to park near the uni

Really? Wow at Edinburgh we have student parking spaces at halls.

Why would they ban it?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Im in a similar position, getting new car in end of summer 06-07 Golf Gti and need to spend maybe 700 euros on my skoda octavia 02 to get it right for NCT test and selling.

Atm it's issues are

1. Both front electric window motors dead (known issue with Octavia's
2. Changed Power steering fluid pump twice (part is fine and it's still pissing fluid which means either it's a hose or the steering rack is ruptured)
3. Left back mudflap needs replacing(one of those solid VW type ones)
4. Hole/crack in the exhaust system as of last week, will be fixing that this friday as im off work will get a quote for all the other stuff while im getting that done.

My dad thinks im not right in the head selling a 02 as it's only to get me around but seriously once you lose respect for a car after owning it 4-5 years and it starts costing an arm and a leg in repairs it's time to just sell up. Have no service history recorded on it as i serviced it myself so will most likely sell it to some farmer. The VW 1.4 petrol engine was ok in 07 but alot of those 75 horses have escaped out it's spacious boot i think :(

gohan

FH is my second home
Really? Wow at Edinburgh we have student parking spaces at halls.

Why would they ban it?
fuck knows, i think alot of uni's (in the south especially) don't like to encourage there 5k students to clogg up the city with their cars i guess

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
there is no parking in southampton outside of the city centre multi storys really

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom