car scratches

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
hi

we've got a peugeot 206 in metallic green and some cnut has scratched up the rear wheel arch (it looks like a graze, like something big slid on it).

is there anyway to make this purdy again?

Chilly

Balls of steel
throw it away and buy a new one of course!

Repairing kit is for 1940s throw backs!

(will prolly cost you a few quid to get an exact colour match and a half decent paint shop to fix it up, you're looking at quite a few missed pints though I'm afraid :( )

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
got a pic handy? I know nothing of cars, but it's possible you could disguise the scratch somewhat with a decent car-wax and some polishing.

other than that, I'm afraid it's off to the paint shop for you. I take it it's just the paint, not the underlying metal showing through? cos if that's the case you'd better get it looked at before the rain and cold fu><or your paint job something awful :/

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
hmm its not as bad as i first though actually.

it still feels smooth to the touch, so i guess no mtal exposed.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Has that actually gone down to the 'primer/base coat' if not you could try a bit of T-Cut and try 'remove' the scratches that way

P.S. You could do with lowering that about 40mm ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
FFS.

"small scratch on my car" - "Tcut it!"

"Dent on my door" - "Tcut it!"

"Car's been burnt out" - "Tcut it!"

http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/ is what you want. They're cheap, and come highly recommended by many people on www.pistonheads.com which is a forum I frequent.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
T-Cut the area, Might have to do whole car when ya notice how dirty rest is. :p

Then get some green colour magic polish. Sorted.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
You can get someone to come out and paint out the scratches in your car.

It's gonna cost me about £80 to get mind done aparently :eek7:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It depends on how deep those scratches are, you could do this yourself relatively cheap.

If it's down to the primer, forget it; get someone in to do it properly like the aformentioned chipsaway.

/t-cuts Tom

However, if what you have is more of a "glancing blow" that's just marked the surface of the paint then it will T-Cut out. You could also try T-Cut colormagic which has a coloured paint mixed in with a more mild form of T-Cut to gently take out minor scratches/scuffs and blend them in more easily.

My sister had a scuff very smiliar to that and a simple bit of T-Cut followed by polish, followed by wax took it out completely.

If you don't know what you're doing, don't attack it because you'll probably make it worse; let the pros do it.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
My sister had a scuff very smiliar to that and a simple bit of T-Cut followed by polish, followed by wax took it out completely.
METAL SISTER!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I'm not a fan of colour polishes, you end up having to do them again and again to keep a decent finish. Sort of thing you might use if you were selling a car, but otherwise I would steer clear.

Chips Away are franchises, you get some good ones, and some bad ones, generally though they aren't bad, and do get a good result.

They'll do you a quote for free too, so I'd give em a ring if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom