Film Captain America

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Brilliant, absolute masterpiece. Marvel just keep making them better and better.

I love the way they tie in the characters and events, to the rest of the universe in this film.

Go see NOW

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It is good but it is not as good as the OP states. It is, in many ways, a glorified advert for the The Avengers movie. If its starting sequence and final scene were re-worked it could be the equal of Thor, as it was it was slightly inferior.

Lots to love about the film. Manages to be retro yet have futuristic fight sequences. Love the look of the Cap & his shield. Stark Senior! Some nice buddy characters and a strong female role. Definitely worth a watch.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Watched it on Saturday and enjoyed it. Though the best bit was after the credits. Don't think they named any of the Howling commandos and as my mates weren't Cap or Fury fans they didn't have a clue who the people accompanying Cap were, until I explained. They didn't do enough for non-readers, as they did for Iron Man, Hulk or Thor.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It is good but it is not as good as the OP states. It is, in many ways, a glorified advert for the The Avengers movie. If its starting sequence and final scene were re-worked it could be the equal of Thor, as it was it was slightly inferior.

Lots to love about the film. Manages to be retro yet have futuristic fight sequences. Love the look of the Cap & his shield. Stark Senior! Some nice buddy characters and a strong female role. Definitely worth a watch.

Thought it was much better than Thor personally. Chris Evans treated the character with respect and it worked without being cheesy.

Watched it on Saturday and enjoyed it. Though the best bit was after the credits. Don't think they named any of the Howling commandos and as my mates weren't Cap or Fury fans they didn't have a clue who the people accompanying Cap were, until I explained. They didn't do enough for non-readers, as they did for Iron Man, Hulk or Thor.

They've obviously not linked Nick Fury to the Howling Commandos (gone for a mix of the HCs and the Invaders), but the likes of Dum Dum Dugan were named. And as you don't see Bucky actually die, I'm guessing they're saving that character for a Winter Soldier storyline, either in future CA films or Avengers films. Wonder if they'll follow the Ultimates comics and tie in the Hulk to the Super-Soldier serum (actually in the Ultimates, everyone from Spider-man to the Green Golbin to Wolverine is eventually tied into the super-solider serum).

Loved the throwaway line about Hitler wasting his time digging in the desert.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
It is good but it is not as good as the OP states.

Point One: When did FH become 4chan??

:twak:

Point Two: Ch3t is right, I really enjoyed the film. Good casting, decent plot and a nice link the the Avengers next year (which had me fapping into a pile of Marvel comics)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Gaf, there's a line in The Incredible Hulk where General Ross is told that there's a reason they canned the super soldier program after he mentions that Bruce Banner is military property due to his abilities granted by the experiments involving a mock up of the original serum and gamma rays.

It's was quite throwaway though so there's not even as much detail as mentioned above, still inferred though.

Also, really enjoyed the film, seemed to prefer the first half rather than the actual hero parts. Just seemed too hastily edited once
Cap and his team went about destroying Hydra's factories.

The ending however:

Unusually melancholic, It'll be interesting to see if it addresses Cap's out of time element some more in the Avengers or a sequel (which in turn could be a prequel to the avengers).

Felt a bit cheated that he didn't so much defeat the Red Skull as lucked out with the guy being transported through that there wormhole. Still, Wouldn't be much good in later films being dead.

Why didn't he look for something he could use as a parachute once he elected to crash the plane, or at least even try. Maybe I missed something but surely he had something(one) to live for and could made the effort.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Surprising reply from the op

I thought it was VERY average, certainly not worth going to the cinema for

The 3d was ok though

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I just can't bring myself to go see a film called Captain America

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I saw this the other day and I thought it was 'ok' noway near as good as 'Thor'. Although I am looking forward to 'The Avengers'. That looks promising...

I've also seen Green Lantern recently and I have to say... that was pretty good too... GO SEE IT IF YOU HAVN'T!!!

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
It's jingoistic to the extreme, but then it's a Hollywood financed movie set during a period Americans regard as one of their finest involving a comic character created as a propaganda piece in the first place. No surprise there really.

What was surprising was the quality of the finished product, thought it represented the era in an idealistic way that strays from the more realistic manner we've seen in the like of Band of Brothers and the Pacific. Cap was quite well fleshed out as this model soldier who couldn't who becomes this national hero who could, albeit despite the 2D nature of "MURRICA!". That said I did kinda miss the realism of the latter two, this however, is a comic book movie after all.

It's all very ideal and perfect and he even gets the girl.

All this borders on the ridiculous (One scene in particular) but then he is after all this representation of all that is perceived to be great about America in the middle of the 20th century. It would be nice to watch Cap's reactions to this future world and the differences of it from the one he saved 70 years prior.

That or it's just a comic book movie Marvel wanted to make a metric shit-ton of money from then made and marketed it accordingly :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Absolutely loved it. Everything Ch3t said and more.

Hayley Atwell is a proper fucking bird, something about the chicks from that era really gets me going :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Hayley Atwell is a proper fucking bird, something about the chicks from that era really gets me going :p

Cept she's about 60 years too young to be from that era ;) But yes, strong female lead. Hopefully she's been cryogenically frozen for the Cap to get some...

Gray

FH is my second home
I did enjoy it, pretty much i have enjoyed everything Marvel has been throwing at me barring the first CGI Hulk shit.

Thought they missed an opportunity at the end though, but it may well have come across as too smushy for a super hero film, that being Rogers meeting up with Peggy Carter in the future, for closure type of thing! Sure sure, she'd probably be about 90 or so, or dead. Whichever!

oh and

I thought the initial comparisons between Dr. Erkstine (Doctor who became friends with Rogers) and Yinsen (Guy from the cave in Iron Man) where the same.

One man makes a super human, and instantly gets killed off within a few moments of him finishing the procedure, and then Yinsen for making a mechanical powerhouse and then, within a few moments getting killed off as well.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hayley 'I fucking love her' Atwell is in it??????? GOTTA WATCH AND DROOOL!

*ahem*

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A bit of this was shot in Manchester, specifically around Dale St or Back Piccadilly. I remember as I was working just around the corner. A mate of mine went down to see what was happening, lots of period cars and a big crowd.

I was busy eating a cake and coffee, couldn't be arsed looking tbh :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I did enjoy it, pretty much i have enjoyed everything Marvel has been throwing at me barring the first CGI Hulk shit.

Really? The Punisher? Elektra? Ghost Rider????

Marvel have had a lot of hits but some pretty big misses as well. Having said that, I watched X-Men First Class the other day and thought it was excellent.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Really? The Punisher? Elektra? Ghost Rider????

Marvel have had a lot of hits but some pretty big misses as well. Having said that, I watched X-Men First Class the other day and thought it was excellent.

The Punisher was fantastic. Heathen. The Punisher: warzone, however, gash.

And x-men isn't Marvel remember, it's fox or paramount, whichever has the rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom