Capping Stats

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
I made a template, where its got 101 STR 101 DEX 84 PIE, Ive heared that apparently STR/DEX should stay the same, apparently having higher STR and lower DEX doesnt really benefit you aswell as say having both the stats at the same cap, so say 85/85 for example would benefit you more than say 97/85.

This leads me to my problem, where I am planning on using a mp benethic lgm flail, think its something like 3.7 spd, so its reasonable I guess, I'm told it procs often every 7 - 9 hits, considering most of these hits will land levi I am not too sure whether its worth using or not and I am more or less always red hasted, and thus I want too maximise quickness throught the template, too increase probability of the debuff proc going off, thus more dmg in shorter time effectivley achieving a better damage output in the longrun, I would think if the debuff goes off and levi lands, levi proc will be reaching 500+ alone, taking AT resist peirce and STR/DEX Caps, DMG/HASTE can be made up for using items other than SCW. The ideal situation would be using celeric proc, stacking with theurg haste, with 101 QUI, it would be insane coupled with a lgm cold.

Basically, how high can I go in QUI? Is 101 QUI possible and does it give any benefit? Or is it capped way before 101?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Depends on your starting race, if you can reach 250 quickness with buffs or close to it, it is close to the cap. Especially if you use haste aswell.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
As helme said, hardcap is 250 for qui, and most stealthers get 50 qui or so in templates. you basically want (250-(93+63)) qui in template.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
there's no base qui buff ardd :p

you get 93 from d/q buff, 60 from startup points as reaver = you need 98 qui in template to hit the 250 cap.

and no, whatever rumours you heard are bullshit. weaponskill is 50% dex, 50% str for flex. just that you need 1 str and 1 dex point to gain the same benefit as 1 str point for str-based weapons

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
The thing you said about str/dex is crap. Any increase in either stat will increase your weaponskill in a linear fashion (afaik). Hence generally saracen reavers have higher WS than briton (and block more).

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
I'm aware that DEX/STR both increase WS, and that this determines overall block-rate and overall chance too land shield styles such as slam, I am also aware that it also governs leviathan proc damage (MoM won't increase its damage due too it being a L50 spell, thus its damage variance cannot be taken any further), however I was saying that it would be better for someone to go 85/85 dex/str rather than say 95/85 dex/str, say you had item a) and item b) and these items gave you a) +15 dex and b) +20 str, overall there would be better benefit from having items with both stats at +15 dex/str, otherwise your losing the potential to rise +dex up with +str on the items, so your not getting full benefit from caps, you would benefit more putting any utility lost into say piety or quickness.

75/75 dex/str will bring WS to roughly 1650 WS, a saracen reaver will typically have better WS, however its appearances eliminate its chances of being mistaked for a cleric, in some instances its been a lifesaver.

Sorry if its confusing! :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
say you had item a) and item b) and these items gave you a) +15 dex and b) +20 str, overall there would be better benefit from having items with both stats at +15 dex/str, .

Your post was very hard to understand, but...

15 + 20 = 35

15 + 15 = 30

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
MoM won't increase its damage due too it being a L50 spell, thus its damage variance cannot be taken any further

MoM has nothing to do with damage variance. MoM gives a flat % increase to spell damage based upon the level purchased. What I think you meant to say was MoF, but even that doesn't affect variance - it simply raises the level of the spell cast for resistance purposes.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if he meant that having:

90/90 was better than 95/85 it might make a bit more sense ;) (though in theory there should be no difference)

90/90 is better than 95/80 though (i.e. improving your str at the cost of MORE dex than you gain is a bad tradeoff)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I think I'm repeating what Flim said, but I'm a little confused too, so I'll have a go as well.

I would imagine that for a reaver swing-speed >>> everything else. Most damage will come from positional-style procs (Levi/Indigo/Cobra). Swing-speed from quickness caps at 250 so for an iconnu reaver you'd probably need around 95-100qui in your template to hit hard-cap.

As far as weaponskill goes, I think it's simply (str+dex)/2 to determine the stat-based component of your WS. For slash it would just be STR.

What it is probably worth saying is that DEX is more important than STR because it's also important for blocking, parrying and evading. From that point of view, 70STR/100DEX is better than 85STR/85DEX because, although you'll have the same weaponskill, you'll block/evade/parry less with lower dex. There are also various conflicting reports that chance to hit with shield might be completely based on DEX, although the common belief seems to be that it's based on your main WS.

I think that the Levi proc damage is determined by SR and Piety, but that's only a guess.

Lots of stuff about this on VNboards too.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I would prefer 70str/100dex too over 85/85. And levi procc damage is supposed to be around 22% of your weaponskill from what I remember?

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Aye sorry I bleh meant MoF, also SR & Piety have no variance on Levi proc, it's just WS that increases it marginly I think, however 5% pierce is more than equal to say 100 WS (in terms of damage), thus what I was saying earlier is that the cost of having lower dex/str is more than made up for with the presence of AT, thus you can get more piety / hits in by dropping str/dex too lower levels. I'm just trying to get a template with say as close to cap QUI, so I'm not benefiting from the STR/DEX, or the items stats, but more so the debuffs and resist pierces the template gives me thats based on chance / swing speed, if you get me.

Sorry again I am confusing you :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
You are aware that resist pierce only works on magical resists yes? So I presume you are a SR reaver relying on magical damage and levi procs?

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, primarily AT for bomb & levi proc.

Nope, only 39 SR, but 50 effective from items, therefore bomb damage is equal to that of a 50 SR user. Piety is capped to provide additional damage lost due to not having higher SR spells and also it helps with power issues greatly, I can perma run yellow aoe with pom on etc.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I'd prefer 101 dex and str tbh than relying on resist piercing.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
I know what your saying, but if your _only_ raising str/dex to gain better WS, then your better off using AT for resist pierce which is worth about 100 WS in terms of damage, then its easier to fit more piety & qui+cap into temp. reavers primary source of damage is from leviathan, so I am concentrating on what really matters. I am putting in AT for resist peirce dmg on levi coupled with the debuff from the lgm cold wep, i'm going on chance really more than consistent dmg, but if I have high qui, alatricy proc and theurg haste, the amount of swings would be vastly increased thus more chance of procs going off, creating more dmg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom