Capability of GOA as the provider of DAOC in europe

O

old.Ukkeli

As a player on both the european and us servers, I feel quite a bit let down with the workings of GOA. I know this has been propably asked before, but I sent an email to Mythic Entertainment representative Sanya Thomas inquiring whether they feel GOA is filling their part of the deal. The letter is below. If I get a response I will let you know.

Capability of GOA as the provider of DAOC in europe
Your european partner GOA seems to have trouble getting the new patches up. There exists also a concensus among the european player community that GOA is providing inadequate support and information for the players.

I would like to know if you, Mythic Entertainment, are taking any steps to investigate the performance of GOA as the provider of DAOC in europe. What kind of a contract have you signed with them, and is GOA living up to it? If not, have you been or do you intend to be in contact with GOA to rectify the situation?

O

old.uto

Good question. I wonder what was the deal with those 2 companies..

There have been numerous threads already about the fact that 'translations' take so long etc.. and why no patches. I too play in both euro and US and its pain in the ass not being able to do things in euro version you can do in US :) (stacking inventory etc.. not to mention class updates)

Hope someone who knows anything answers and well.. maybe even does something.

B

Belsameth

maybe I'm just not a "harcore" player, despite the amount of time I am online, but personally I have nothing to complain about
no real problems, and those problems I do have are mostly my own fault (I have this fetish for dying :p )

as for the patches..yes, they take a while. but I rather see that they take a while then that they do their job only half.
I can imagine all too well that you feel let down with the european servers when you play on the US as well...the Battlegrounds and DF must be awesome ;)

O

old.uto

Good points..

I'm not unsatisfied with the current patch, it works and even graphic glitches have been very rare (for me).. but the next patch brings my wizard a brand new bolt which changes the class very much.. and I'm sure it brings wanted changes to other classes too.

Its frustrating to see Wizards in US servers with their new bolts and stuff while in Excalibur one must go thru the low levels with only one bolt (not to mention they are shooting those new bolts at me in Iseult:))

I'm not holding my breath but skipping and combining patches might be a good idea (there have been few buggy patches) but I dont like fact it takes so long to do it..

.. and yes, DF is damn awesome :)

O

old.Prof

I don't have much to complain about GOA either, service quality is comparable to Mythic in the USA (play also both)

HOWEVER I do wonder why it takes GOA so long to translate patches :(

S

SFXman

Although I am very much enjoying the game, I have had close to no problems at all, haven't once had to use RightNow or ask for help... I still feel Mythic MIGHT have to look into the situation.
But.... as my socut really doesn't need much that are in the newer patches, of course I don't have such an urge for them. My friar though would love to see 1.46...
Oh well, give GOA their time (it has been quite a lot already but anyhoo), maybe one day in the future we will be praising them (there is a chance they might really get going with stuff). So just be patient for a bit longer, who knows what will happen :)

O

old.stroke

What happened to the whiners? Were they able to snare them in the old forum when they took it away, and thus capture them in another plane, where they can complain and noone listens, forever?
I also want 1.46 since i get x2.5 skill points instead of x2, but then again, the longer it takes, the more they stack up, the more fun to spend them ;)

O

old.Ukkeli

SFXman: I have been watching GOA since the euro beta, and am sad to say that they have shown no improvement regarding customer service during all this time.

GOAs lack of communication during the beta was the main deciding factor on me choosing the us serves over the euro. Recently I joined some irl friends on the euro servers, and am having fun playing. But what I do not like is living in an information blackout.

Heck, if GOA has problems with the patching, at least please tell us about it and give us some estimates. Whether it is good news or bad news, people want to know. Its some of the basics of operating a business for crying out loud ;)

B

Belsameth

good excuse to autotrain stealth for now as well... as you need the other points for weapon CS :p

and yes, it would be nice to see all the new stuff, but at least when we get it now it generally works ;)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I expect it takes GOA a long time to translate patches because internationalisation/localisation (I18N/L10N) support wasn't Mythic's main priority when developing the product :) I'm a developer for an application which is translated into a number of languages (French, German, Japanese, Korean, among them) and you wouldn't believe the number of issues that can come up with this sort of stuff.

Mythic have made is possible to do a translation, but that doesn't mean they've made it easy. And GOA's process for dealing with this stuff is also likely to be immature (they've only done one patch translation so far). I expect that they will get better and better at doing it with experience. I would expect it's the config management, and not the translation itself, that is causing them most of their problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom