Cant validate

R

rhyddyn

Hi all, im not sure if i`ve done something wrong i can access my account with no problems,but i cant validate for some reason i`ve been trying on and off since yesterday morning, when i hit validate it just seems to hang and when i press enter it returns back the same page anyone had these problems or is it just me.

L

-Lonewolf-

Have u checked Rightnow?

Somebody may have posted the problem and got an answer

Check it and come back if their isn't anything there u can use

R

rhyddyn

Rightnow is down has been since last night so cant get help there.

X

Xandax

I can't seem to validate either the link seems broken.

The validate link simply is a link to the same site with a broken/empty bookmark.

O

Onedda

well just got me copy of SI delivered at work this morning.
so thought may aswell try and validate it and lwo and behold 1st click on the account and straight in and validated :O)

so that makes me a happy chappy for when i get home from work and with 1 weeks holiday now i am very happy chappy :O)

S

Shadowtje

Instead of clicking on the broken link just press enter aftre inserting the si key. That should do the trick

L

-Lonewolf-

Try what was said above post if doesn't work then:

Clear ur cookies out and ur temporary internet files then load up a new Internet Explorer window and attempt it then

If you dunno how to do that go to tools up the top of IE window go to internet options and then delete cookies and temp internet files

Message here if it works or it not

Good luck

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Shadowtje
Instead of clicking on the broken link just press enter aftre inserting the si key. That should do the trick

omg - it did

I've often been amased at the sloppy programming that seems to be at work in-game and especially around GOA.
But this takes the prize.
How hard is it to make hyperlink... but no - we make a link that people can press, but *sniker* don't tell them to press enter instead.

R

rhyddyn

Hehe typical works for others not me,still no joy keeps returning to validate page after hitting enter oh well.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Xandax

omg - it did

I've often been amased at the sloppy programming that seems to be at work in-game and especially around GOA.
But this takes the prize.
How hard is it to make hyperlink... but no - we make a link that people can press, but *sniker* don't tell them to press enter instead.

No - this is webpages in general - ull always find 1 link on a webpage that doesn't work properly. Don't blame GOA for this one.

F

Flimgoblin

it's probably IE deciding that it doesn't want to document.forms[0].submit() today.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by tripitaka

No - this is webpages in general - ull always find 1 link on a webpage that doesn't work properly. Don't blame GOA for this one.

Hehehe - since when.

Usually when I or others I know make webpages/sites you test the links to see if they are broken.
Not like there are loads of links on a page so testing them is not tedious and hard work, like having to search thousands of programming code throug for a bug.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Xandax

don't tell them to press enter instead.

Just a question...you do know that when you type something like www.wroomwroom.com that you don't have to press the "Go" button but you can just press enter..right?

S

Shadowmag

Sometimes ive got the feelin that someone is tryin to keep me from doin somthin....well thts one of these times.1st when i enter my password and login i return to the ''page not workin'' msg,then i tryfrom another PC and succed to acces account then i got same prob-cant validate and enter doesnt work 2.No customer support despite info on sticky board.....GOA r really tryin to piss ppl off.Just 1 question-WHY?????

F

Flimgoblin

yeah they're doing it intentionally...
of course...

shadowmag - how many digits in your key?

should be 7-7-7-7-7, five lots of 7

if you are missing some - guess the last one or two.

S

Shadowmag

Cheked EVERYTHING atleast three times and still doesnt work.Can U tell me why?

X

Xandax

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

Just a question...you do know that when you type something like www.wroomwroom.com that you don't have to press the "Go" button but you can just press enter..right?

Yep - but I also know userinterfaces and putting up a link means it is to be used for clicking.
Customers shouldn't have to guess what to do when there are links provided :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom