Cant reply tho I have recieved a pm...

Guidance

Fledgling Freddie
I recently started on Avalon, but when I hit my reply button it says "You cant reply before you got a message", even when I HAVE recieved a pm. Any1 got a solution to this?

Guidance

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
There is a solution to this, iirc you have to delete the language folder in the game directory, try doing a search in rightnow and it should show up

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
To change your client to a different language simply do the following.

1: Copy your entire ToA directory to a different place and rename it so you can tell which language it's for. This way your main English install is untouched. Obviously if you want to change the client language completely and don't need another copy then skip this step.

2: Delete the 'language' folder completely.

3: Open the 'update.dat' file using any text editing software such as notepad or word. You'll see two long URLs which are the patcher addresses. Change the word 'english, 'french' or german'' in both URLs to whichever language you want, then save it and close.

4: Connect to the game using the camelot.exe in this new folder and you'll download a small patch then you'll have changed the language of your client.

You should play using a client that is the same language as the server you are on as there are many things that won't work properly if you are using the wrong language. Replying to /send is one, Climb Walls is another example.

Guidance

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you Requiel :O)

Was a nice fast answer tbh :O)

Guidance

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
lol, how g*y that you have to do that to make it work:(

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
i did something easier, i made up in my head
what i did was on the strings :

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat

i replaced the word english with german so update.dat shows like this

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/german/atlantis/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/german/atlantis/mpatch.dat

right after u do that , u download camelot.exe and run it again , as a result of that u download around 6 mb of patch , the language files prolly
and then you can do everything u want in the german server , reply as well

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
mikke said:
lol, how g*y that you have to do that to make it work:(

yes and if u were to stop a moment and acually used that brain of urs ud realize u only need to copy the ToA folder if u plan on keep playing on the first language server without having to patch back and forth all the time....

any 5 year old could figure that out.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
well im still being displayed german language because the url tags were english from the start! help me :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Hamro said:
well im still being displayed german language because the url tags were english from the start! help me :(
It won't change the server language, just the language of your client. Client messages will be in English but server messages will still be in German. There is no way to make server messages on a German server display in English.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
It won't change the server language, just the language of your client. Client messages will be in English but server messages will still be in German. There is no way to make server messages on a German server display in English.

ok, i thought so. thanks for the very fast answer requiel :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom