cant reply on sends?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
rolled on a german server and I cant reply on sends I get, I managed to solve this problem somehow once in the past but I dont remember how!

Anyone got a clue on how to solve it?

edit: think i patched my client somehow but I aint sure.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I used to have the same problem when using the german UI and playing on Excal.
Fixed the problem by updating to the english UI, so I guess you need to update to german UI to solve it.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
was something in the config file that you could change which made it work, atleast I think it was something like that just that I cant bloody remember what it was

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
I used to have the same problem when using the german UI and playing on Excal.
Fixed the problem by updating to the english UI, so I guess you need to update to german UI to solve it.

hmm ok, will try that when i get home i guess :)

Any more ideas peeps?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
If you play with a client that doesn't match the server language, you'll encounter a few commands and functions that don't work. Replying to /sends is one, paying rent on a house, certain guild commands and climbing walls are others.
You can change the client language very easily however.

1: Make a copy of your DAoC directory and rename it something like German DR or whatever so your main English install isn't changed.
2: Open the update.dat file using any text editor such as Word or Notepad. Inside are three lines of text, the last two are URLs to the patch servers. Change the word 'english' to 'german' (or whatever other supported language you want, language names are in English) in both lines and save the file.
3: Find the 'language' folder in the instal directory and delete it.
4: Next time you connect using the modified client, you will download a small patch (around 3-8MB) and then your client will be in the new language.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
or rather, You will now not be able to understand jackshit in Daoc

but yea now its coming back to me, spent most of the time laughing when playing german daoc due to all text beeing in german :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I would have thought it not beyond the realms of possibility to have language patches which translate server languages to any other language. So a Spanish person wanting to play on a German server d/l's a language patch, logs into the German server, and all his texts etc are in Spanish.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
I would have thought it not beyond the realms of possibility to have language patches which translate server languages to any other language. So a Spanish person wanting to play on a German server d/l's a language patch, logs into the German server, and all his texts etc are in Spanish.

Sounds very possible, but you'd have to develop the game that way from the start, and Mythic didn't.

Can't really see them recoding it like that now!

Hopefully they are coding WAR like that. Learning from mistakes and all that. Sadly lack of regionalisation is a common failing on US designed applications historically. I've had to work with people who didn't understand that there were customs and financial implications from moving stuff from one European country to another, and so had coded their systems without regard to it!

Darzil

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Lamp said:

You'd have to change the way the login process worked so that you patched after login and after choosing where to play. Currently you patch then you login and choose a server to play on. If that was changed it would mean that you couldn't patch the game without an active account which isn't the most user friendly option either. We work on the assumption that the number of people who casually change server language is very small (anyone who routinely plays more than one server language will have multiple clients already) whereas the number of peopel who'd like to patch the game while waiting for their subscription to be validated is much higher.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
rox, it worked well Req, thanks alot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom