Cant Play !!1 :(

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
right i have a 3000+ AMD64 with hypertransport, 1gig ddr and a geforce 5700LE never had any probs with running the game before.
been playing wow recently but was gonna start with DAoC again but i cant last more than 30 secs, spoke to some1 who said upgrade the gfx drivers so i dl'd the new nvidia set and still no change.
have had a quick look at the other similar probs but cant see anything i havent done/tried
i can run DAoC on my other comp but the gfx card on that is a little better but that is the comp the wife uses and she also plays so no chance of me kicking her off.
hope some1 can help me out cos untill i can sort it its back to wow
regards
shaun

Chilly

Balls of steel
Explain your problem again, this time with words and grammar and I might be able to help.
Regardless of problems you could try reinstalling the game, just delete all the files in the daoc dir and then run daoc.exe and watch it download itself again. You may need to keep the housing/frontiers/catacombs directories so they download as well (assuming you have all of those).

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
im not at school and havent been for quite some time so grammar isnt something i cba to use really, try talking to peeps like adults.
if i was writing to u in a business letter i would write proper but as im on a gaming forum its not really of ne great importance is it ??

the problems is i go Linkdead after 30 secs and thats about as plain as i can put it
cheers for ur cheery reply
shaun

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The chances are it's a problem with the network card. On default settings some cards cause problems but this can be fixed by disabling the 'hardware checksum' or 'checksum offload' settings of these cards.

Gamah

Banned
Chilly said:
Explain your problem again, this time with words and grammar and I might be able to help.
Regardless of problems you could try reinstalling the game, just delete all the files in the daoc dir and then run daoc.exe and watch it download itself again. You may need to keep the housing/frontiers/catacombs directories so they download as well (assuming you have all of those).

I understood it fine..so stop being a jackass.

IainC

To be fair the original post didn't actually describe the problem. There was nothing to say whether he was going linkdead, crashing to desktop or some other kind of problem that made the game unplayable.
'i can't last more than 30 seconds' could mean practically anything - especially if you have a dirty mind.

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
cheers for the fast replies, however im not entirely (tbh not at all) sure what u mean, can u do a blow by blow account of what to do (windows xp user if that helps).
i have only ever used computers to play games on so my knowledge goes about as far as how to turn them on. if anything has ever gone wrong in the past i tend to just buy a new one, which usually works out once every 12 months or so :p
thanks again
shaun

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
another note : i tried an unofficial set of drivers, this let me play the game but was extremely jerky, no linkdeads tho. i know some1 else who is also having this problem and has a geforce 6800gt
would this still be a possible network card problem ? i wish i knew a bit more about how to work this damn thing
and the i cant last more than 30 secs comment is pretty much universal to most things i do if im honset :p gives me more gaming time tho on a +

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
another quick update: ill give info on areas etc i have tried

Domann : LD everytime within 30 secs
DL : LD within 30 secs
Rest of classic area i have been in seems fine
cata i dont have atm (let wife take the only copy that turned up)
ill continue to try other areas and might even use my wifes acct to try some of the cata areas.
sorry for the rambles but im trying to let u know what i do as i do so we dont go over anything ive done :)
cheers for reading
shaun

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
yet another update :eek:
played on my wifes acct on mid pry for a few hrs, no probs at all there, so it seems just hib si (only ever get as far as GoD tho) and the occaisional LD in DL to.
in mid i played a few different zones and moved a fair bit just so u know i wasnt stood still. again i will let u know of any good/bad developments.

shaun

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Could be worth searching for the network card issues here. I seem to remember that the downloader on the WoW Beta (and may be for rest of WoW), suggested the opposite checksum settings from Camelot.

Darzil

IainC

Start menu. Right click on 'my computer' and choose 'properties'. Then go to 'hardware' then 'device manager'. Look for the network adapter in the list, right click it and choose 'properties' again.

There will likely be an option called 'hardware checksum' or 'checksum offload'. If it's there disable it.

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for that requiel, and the others that replied. i seem to have overcome the situation, i didnt see anything about checksum in that bit but i did disable something (maybe worded different on my comp) and all seems fine.
tho i havent checked in hib as the acct closed halfway thro testing. but i played for maybe 5-6 hrs yesterday in mid and only had one ld which was due to me trying something that over loaded my comp a bit. was in all the rvr zones and tbh i dont really think ill be goin newhere else so it seems like it will be fine.
thanks again to those that took the time to reply.
regards
shaun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom