Cant pay the rent for my new house

Digitracker

Fledgling Freddie
As topic sais, cant pay rent. Each time I place cash on the house I get a empty message window up. Normally it contains the text saying I am paying the rent but this one is empty and dont let me pay rent AND I cant close the window that pops up. Some help please, houses rent is due in 6 days :mad:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Digitracker said:
As topic sais, cant pay rent. Each time I place cash on the house I get a empty message window up. Normally it contains the text saying I am paying the rent but this one is empty and dont let me pay rent AND I cant close the window that pops up. Some help please, houses rent is due in 6 days :mad:

are you running a different version of the client? e.g. french client on english server or vice versa?

If so you'll need to adjust your update.dat to get the same client version as the server (e.g. the english or french version), delete the /language folder (if you are changing to english) and patch.

could try /bountyrent personal 20 or whatever and pay with BP for the meantime if you can?

Digitracker

Fledgling Freddie
I run english version yes, but this house is on a french server.
whats that personal 20 thing you mentioned? Dont have any bounty dineros to pay with.....

How does the CM work btw. If I sell something on it and let the cash be there, will the rent be deducted from that money that? (short term sollution).

If I delete the language folder and update with french, then the english one will be fooked right? :mad:

thnx for the reply btw

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
ahh need bounty points for it to work ;) it's used to pay rent with bounty points - 1bp = 1gp

the consignment merchant thing would work

a more long term solution (if you have some disk space) is:

make a copy your daoc folder (ToA I guess? only need the latest client that you run, no need to copy classic and SI as well :)) and call it ToA-French

change that to patch to the french version (change all mention of "english" in your update.dat to "french"), then use the camelot.exe in there to connect to the french server, the camelot.exe in the old folder to connect to any english servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom