cant log on

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Hi all ..
i got a little problem regarding to Daoc , when i double click my daoc icon it doesnt even pass the update run it makes each time you runs daoc.. i tried rebooting several times too.. any things i can do ?

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
it seems there is a problem at Bristol Opentransit .. ( what ever that means)

but im geting like 10 sec lag delay while playing daoc and its not a spike its perma delay ! :( .. i belive its not GOA's fault and its not effecting every1 but goa are well aware and asking for pingploter reports from people with bad connections
to pass on to opentransit ppl ..

this is a reply from RN about connection problems

First of all, be sure that you have no connection problems from your own computer installation. Make sure your anti-virus and your firewall are correctly setup (read their help files and documentation), that you have no “spyware” (you can download a free anti-spyware from the internet, for example Spybot) and that your router allows you to connect to our server without any restrictions (see its documentation).

Next, you can make a simple verification of your internet link to our servers:

- Launch the command line editor from the windows "Start" button, then "Run", then type "cmd" in the box (or type "command" if you are using Windows 98 or Millennium).
- Get the IP of your preferred DAOC server from the list below:

Excalibur : 193.252.123.33
Broceliande : 193.252.123.34
Avalon : 193.252.123.45
Lyonesse :193.252.123.11
Ys : 193.252.123.12
Prydwen : 193.252.123.33
Stonehenge : 193.252.123.14
Logres : 193.252.123.134
Orcanie : 193.252.123.139
Camlann : 193.252.123.147
Dartmoor : 193.252.123.153
Carnac : 193.252.123.139
Deira : 193.252.123.103
Cumbria : 193.252.123.163

- In the DOS box, enter the following command and press enter : tracert 193.252.123.xxx (xxx depends on the server you choose to reach). It will show you the path from your computer to the chosen server and indicates, for each steps, the ping to your computer.
- Be sure that the ping is not too high for the first 3 or 4 steps, which depends on your Internet Service Provider.

If you succeed to reach the chosen server, you can use a special software to allow you to send us a detailed report of your connection problems.

- First, download the shareware ping plotter from the following website: http://www.pingplotter.com.
- Then, launch it and select the destination IP of the chosen server you use in the last process. Execute it for at least one hour, and it is better if you use it when you are playing DAOC and your connection problems appear.
- Save the ping plotter file to the .pp2 format and send us this file via RightNow, using the "Connection Problems" category.

This kind of report can greatly reduce the delay to find and solve a network problem, especially if you connect to our servers from a foreign country.

There is one example in attached files of a traceroute and a pingplot to Broceliande.

also look at the following FH pages

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=180161

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=181019

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
think its the danish internet company called TDC wich is fucking it up.. i know ppl who doesnt use TDC wich doesnt have any problems,, but the hole LAN party im at is using internet from TDC and we cant connect to any mmorpg , but can easy connect to internet ( not MSn messenger either)..

Tosen

Part of the furniture
...not sure if u have this problem anymore.

since you're danish lemme explain it in danish (i'm not herrasing anyone here, I swear;))

Det er den router som du får udleveret ved TDC normalt, den koger sammen, eller er ikke sat op til at kunne klare mmorpg, eller nogen anden konstant data-strømning over en længere periode.

De 4/5 gange jeg har skiftet internet, eller har fået en ny router tilsendt, gik jeg op I den nærmeste TDC butik og byttede min router. Dette kan ikke altid lade sig gøre, og så må man bare købe en ny, de koster ~350,-.

Håber det hjalp.

/toby

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Tosen said:
...not sure if u have this problem anymore.

since you're danish lemme explain it in danish (i'm not herrasing anyone here, I swear;))

Det er den router som du får udleveret ved TDC normalt, den koger sammen, eller er ikke sat op til at kunne klare mmorpg, eller nogen anden konstant data-strømning over en længere periode.

De 4/5 gange jeg har skiftet internet, eller har fået en ny router tilsendt, gik jeg op I den nærmeste TDC butik og byttede min router. Dette kan ikke altid lade sig gøre, og så må man bare købe en ny, de koster ~350,-.

Håber det hjalp.

/toby

Cybercity ftw :p

/Dracus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom