Cant Log into DAOC at all.

Lute

Fledgling Freddie
So im a returning player I buy a copy of TOA get home install everything let it download the latests patches overnight and bam I cant get on........

My internet connection is dying at various stages sometimes (mainly) at the login server stage but a couple of times I have got as far as dying at the login to server stage. After this i cant do anything on the internet and have to restart my comp b4 i can get onto the internet again. I have called BT they say its not them. Have updated all the drivers for my hardware inc the modem drivers and have latest version of direct x . Have closed all non essential programs eg pop up stoppers ect do not have zonealarm installed on my comp so defo isnt that answer,changed dialers, modifid internet options, traced pings before and after (100% loss of packet afterwards).

So if anyone has heard of this or has any advice plz help out Im not to tecnically minded so if people do have any advice could you kinda do a dummies guide thanks very much in advance.

o/s Win ME
amd athlon 2ghz
128 g card
512 ram
Netodragon 56k voice modem
Bt Dial up

Aside from this on a minor tecnicality www.prydwen.net is also the only website i can't access for some reason, no idea if the 2 issues are connected or not though (cant imagine they are as getting onto camelot-europe is nps).

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Only thing I can come up with is shitty network drivers... But since you checked that too :(

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Should trace ur connection to opentransit see where its dying, might help identify the problem(s),

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Its the netodragon modem - had that modem before and the exact same problem.

Apparently the netodragon uses a buggy windows process and if it doesnt recieve enough attention from the CPU it drops the line and causes the symptoms you mentioned.

I never found a solution and gave up with it and instead used an old 33.6kbps external modem til i got broadband.

Lute

Fledgling Freddie
NetNifty said:
Its the netodragon modem - had that modem before and the exact same problem.

Apparently the netodragon uses a buggy windows process and if it doesnt recieve enough attention from the CPU it drops the line and causes the symptoms you mentioned.

I never found a solution and gave up with it and instead used an old 33.6kbps external modem til i got broadband.

Thanks for the replies people was begining to think it was the modem was nice to have some confirmation unfortunalty 2 weeks until NTL can connect me up still havnt played for 8 months sure i can wait another 2 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom