Can't get client for microsoft networks to install

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Lo ha peeps, i wanted to copy a DVD i've created to my main machine today for burning to disc. so away i went to network neighbourhood and low and behold nothing was there.

"odd" i thought, so after the usual fiddling i managed to find out that i cant even change my domain/workgroup as i dont have microsoft networks installed (again very odd).

off to network properties i went and yep, there is no "client for microsoft networks" installed, TCP/IP etc is installed fine.

so i think, "right, well never mind, ill just install it then" ignoring the fact it should be there in the first place.

BUT when i click OK to install it, it fails and i get the following error:

"could not add the requested componant. The error is: the remote procedure call failed."

nerf.

im running WinXP 64-Bit and begginning to wish i'd stuck with 32-Bit. any bright ideas? or am i up shit creek with nothing but a re-install ahead?

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
Lo ha peeps, i wanted to copy a DVD i've created to my main machine today for burning to disc. so away i went to network neighbourhood and low and behold nothing was there.

"odd" i thought, so after the usual fiddling i managed to find out that i cant even change my domain/workgroup as i dont have microsoft networks installed (again very odd).

off to network properties i went and yep, there is no "client for microsoft networks" installed, TCP/IP etc is installed fine.

so i think, "right, well never mind, ill just install it then" ignoring the fact it should be there in the first place.

BUT when i click OK to install it, it fails and i get the following error:

"could not add the requested componant. The error is: the remote procedure call failed."

nerf.

im running WinXP 64-Bit and begginning to wish i'd stuck with 32-Bit. any bright ideas? or am i up shit creek with nothing but a re-install ahead?

dunno about all that mumbo jumbo . but a quick fix is transfer thru msn :p

i had 2 machines wired thru a router no lan at all... but still msn working lightening fast ..

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
They we're in different workgroups, so i tried to correct that, and found it to be unchangable.

anyhoo, problem solved, i bit the bullet and re-installed winXP 32-bit, everything is fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom