Can't find DAoC box at your local game shop?

F

Falcon

If you REALLY wanted to be good to new players, you'd help get US DAoC distributed in the UK instead Kemor :p

S

Skaven

From what I can remember Wanadoo publish the game so distribute the cd keys with each box. Goa I think is a subsidary of Wanadoo so don't have anything to do with the cd-keys. I may be well off the mark tho unless kemor can add to this - or at least reply to say some of the suggestions are being passed up :p

O

old.Ramas

I tend to check for it whenever I'm in a games shop.

Haven't found it in any branch of GAME, EB, HMV, Virgin that I've visited in the last 6 months (East London/Essex area).

As for why they are asking - I suspect GOA are attempting to make sure it stays on the shelf a little longer after ToA than it did after SI (which as far as I could tell was only available for about 2 weeks in high street stores).

I

Isedarken_

Originally posted by Wibbler2
Most UK shops have never heard of it when you ask.

Some of them *have* had it in stock, but it's very hard to find now.

Stores include:

Game
HMV
Virgin
WHSmith
Woolworth

amazon.co.uk ;)

as above you cant find it in the shops in northampton, order either daoc or si though Amazon or forget it.

S

Speedr

Me being in Ireland , it's only possible atm to order online, which i cannot do due to lack of credit card being a student an-all not working. I have checked these stores here and some have had it and no longer do, some have never heard of it.

GAME > Had it about 4 months ago.. don't know if they will get it back anytime soon

HMV > Had it before, same as above

Smyths > Never heard of it

Virgin > Never heard of it

I am only looking for a copy of SI btw, not a box-set or DAOC standalone.. but i am losing hope i will see it here before christmas tbh :(

Btw, i am in Dublin,Ireland.

J

Jiggs

hmv are ok for getting it in london.

virgin and game/electronics boutique are pretty hopeless for finding a copy tho :)

S

Skaven

Originally posted by Speedr
I am only looking for a copy of SI btw, not a box-set or DAOC standalone.. but i am losing hope i will see it here before christmas tbh :(

Btw, i am in Dublin,Ireland.

Go into the Game store you said had it about 4 months ago - ask them to ring up the WINDSOR store (640) for a copy, we have two sitting on the shelves - 14.99. We'll post it off to your store so you can pick it up.

S

Speedr

mmm..i think i'll do that tomorrow after college... just before i go to watch Revolutions FINALLY :D

ta m8 :)

S

sru

Shop : Game
City : Bristol

In fact, any shop in bristol, or worcester, or Exeter.

S

sru

Originally posted by sundra
I live in the Uk and most shops ie pc world have never heard of DAOC i actually took time to send a report in to right now well over a year ago that maybe uk servers are low pop cos not many people in the UK know the game exists.The reply from GOA was we will inform our marketing people.I have to buy from amazon.

Even Amazon did not have it for a while.

I agree - most people I talk to have not heard of the game - even other games. No shops in Bristol I talked to have heard of it. And GOA wonders why UK does not buy copies?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

There's a running theme here, isn't there? The reason the English servers are so low on pop compared to the French and German servers is that you simply can't buy it in th UK.

It's been this way since the game was released, pretty much. Unless you pick up the game within a couple of weeks of an expansion release you're not going to be playing it.

Other MMORGs have had similar problems, but I've always been able to pick up a copy of UO, AO, EQ, etc from somewhere.

Any action now is likely to be too late, though.

S

Speedr

yay !

I decided to pop round to GAME today instead.. turns out all he told me what i can do is go to game.co.uk and order it from there using a postal order.. sweet :D looks like me is getting SI sooner than i thought hehe.

Oh, about the idea of Brentford sending over a copy to Dublin wont work m8.. it seems the UK chain does it coz there are so many of em over there.. they dont send stuff over ehre like that :( oh well.. me still getting it hehe.

G

Galewyr Dark

Originally posted by Cyfr
Oh.. kemor while your here i'll give you a tip.

Let users download daoc (like the korean daoc hosters do) and also let them buy accounts from you. It would sort out so many problems.

^^ Agree

Also allow 'Online Account Creation' where you can make an entirely new account without having to track down a highly difficult and elusive copy of the game from a local reseller. just my plugging in CC numbers name address etc you can make an entirely new account....well thats what i would like to see anyway.

-Gale

[ps]-

Game stores in Canterbury Folkestone Maidstone, all Kent Uk
WHSsmith Canterbury Folkestone
Wollworths Canterbury Folkestone

Amazon.co.uk...i mean omg!!

O

old.Ramas

Let users download daoc (like the korean daoc hosters do) and also let them buy accounts from you.

While I agree this would be good in theory.

If GOA went down this road they'd need to give their web prescence a *serious* overhaul. It's so far below par right now that it's not even funny, and relying on that site to actually sell the game (since it would probably drive the retail box out of even more real shops), would be, in it's current state, a mistake.

A

acei

amazon.co.uk is sold out almost all the time, get them stocked up then i'll be happy :)

M

mib666

HMV in Reading have a few of the bundle packs instock

R

Rollie

None of the following stores in Leicester have DAOC

HMV
Virgin
WH Smiths
Game
Woolworths

Im even struggling to get it online, please sort this problem out GOA, your losing customers to rival games before they even get chace to experience DAOC.

T

The Real Redi

None of the stores in Walthamstow, Chingford or Leytonstone have a copy, and only one store had heard of it - "yeah, i know it - bought a second hand copy from a kid about 6 months ago"

nuff said there...

About play.com - i notice instead of it saying even 'out of stock' it actually says 'Sold Out' in red... anything in red strikes me as worse for some reason...

C

cjkaceBM

Give away 30 day trials of DAoC classic via UK gaming magazines (PC Zone and PC Gamer). Include an order form in both magazines so that people can buy Shrouded Isles for around £9.99.

Another way would be to have DAoC + SI bundled with special packs of Freeserve (both GOA and Freeserve are Wanadoo companies).

Make a special edition version of TOA available that includes all 3 CD keys for slightly more than the add-on version of TOA.

E

etaew

mythic sells classic daoc copys from there website.. and $10 thats about £6..
amazon sells classic daoc copys from there website at £35 and are always out of stock..

so whats the problem here ;) ..

pfft.. the only reason im not ordering a US copy for £6 because they dont ship to UK :(

ive had 4 accounts with GOA.. gave them all away.. be nice to have an easy way to get a new one.. i cant get on at all atm

N

Nivellen

If you could make it easier for people "outside" the EU to buy the game would be very good! So far, it took me about a month to figure out how to get my Shrouded Isles expansion. (live in Poland) - and there is a quite big community of players from my country. I hope when Poland joins the EU in 2004 it will be much easier to get DAoC or any other MMORPG.

A

Arkian

Probably posted before but for a good UK Based online supplier:
www.gameloaded.co.uk
stock combined classic+SI pack at a good price, company is in my experience reliable and delivers fast

Users who are viewing this thread