cannot wake up!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
This is seriously getting on my nerves, usually I wake up early (say 5-6am) bright as a button hideously chirpy and ready to hit the ground running...with both feet!

...That in itself seriously gets on B2's nerves but just lately (I had an illness the other week and its been since then though I am better now) it takes a flaming crowbar (you get those from dartmoor... Oo) to get me to open my eyes and get outta bed in the morning, which is a real pisser because:

A) I like to go running early in the morning (though I have overcome my phobia of being seen exercising and go in the evenings now but I still prefer mornings)

B) I need to get up to maximise my study time, if I get up at 5 I can run, bath, have brekkie mooch about on the Inet and get working by 6:30 which gives me like 10hrs study time (evening study doesn't work for me...my brain goes mooshy by about 17:00)

I go to bed early (but don't sleep too much before anyone suggests that), don't drink caffeen after noon, don't drink much of anything after 19:00 (midnight piddling in this place is dangerous, slugs are roaming after dark) don't go to bed hungry or on a full stomach, don't worry about anything enough to disturb me sleep...in fact I can't think of a sodding thing!

It is highly improbable that any of you can actually help me with this I just wanted a bloody good gripe about it because frankly, its pissing me off!

Raaaargh!!!!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
have you been eating alot of vitamin C lately? :p

you can overdose on it and it can give you mild insomnia (happened to me a few years back, doctor told me to stop drinking Lidl's extra vit C orange juice and leave it a few days to see if it got better, mind you i was drinking about 2 litres a day cos it was cheaper than water o_O ) which then stops you sleeping properly at night making you tired in mornings :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol i usually have a soluable one @ work to pep me up but thats not ODing, didn't realise you could do that tbh ta for the warning!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Drink a glass of water before bed.

Should pop into your pee section in the right time.

Amount vary according to bladder.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol so I should try a 1/2 pint, then see how long it takes me to wake up and estimate the reduction/addition of water from there? Isn't there a bladder to waret to time ratio calculator on the Inet already??

Wasn't that an American Indian trick or something?

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
B) I need to get up to maximise my study time, if I get up at 5 I can run, bath, have brekkie mooch about on the Inet and get working by 6:30 which gives me like 10hrs study time (evening study doesn't work for me...my brain goes mooshy by about 17:00)

That is absolute madness! I've been procrastinating for 6 weeks avoiding doing my dissertation because I just have no motivation. Can I have some of yours? :p

You may also still be suffering from the illness you had the week before and your body needs the extra sleep to get over it.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Maybe its the 10hrs study time?
IMO that is way too much for any uni year unless youre writing a PhD thesis!
It could be draining you big time, or subconciously thinking 'not this shit again' and its stopping you getting on with things.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
You might've had something like Pfeiffer's disease (Infectious mononucleosis) which can keep you tired for a few weeks. Go to your physician and have a bloodsample taken to test for this. Could be something else ofcourse, but Pfeiffer's is very common.
Good luck with it, and hmm, should you be turning into a night animal, don't worry, this life is okay aswell ;)

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Think you should wait for a week and see if it gets better, since you have just been sick.
In the summer timer I lay in bed as long as possible while in winter I can't wait to get up and enjoy the dark mornings. You might just be tired from all the reading and writing and your body is telling you to slow down and take a chill pill™ ;-)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
lol so I should try a 1/2 pint, then see how long it takes me to wake up and estimate the reduction/addition of water from there?

Afraid so! :D

If the slugs are ze problem with the german prezizion tezting of ze peepee time!...have a potty by the bed.

kivik

Part of the furniture
10 hours studying every day? Damn machine... I'm happy if I make 5 hours studying, and that's with alot of talking inbetween.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom