cannot update program.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Hi all,

dunno if anyone can help..i bought the european version of dark ages of camelot gold with shrouded isle and trials of atlantis expansion packs. I have created a new account on the website.

When i run the program for the first time, it gets stuck on a file called 'arial09ds.tga' (77%) and i eventually get a 303 error message..

cheers

jnh

Loyal Freddie
i was getting this... turned out to be my network card (was also causing me to time out from the game server every 1-30 minutes randomly). dont suppose you are using a gigabit 3com NIC are you?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
aye - it is an integrated 3com card....what did u do to fix this?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
is it possible to download the patch manually and then apply it?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
no it needs to go through the patch servers. You may want to check the 3com website for a patch, although if you have to buy a new card they're available from about £5 these days :)

jnh

Loyal Freddie
i dont think so, but even if you did the game will still time out for no reason every few minutes. just get a new card :\

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
jnh said:
dont suppose you are using a gigabit 3com NIC are you?

you sure its caused by that ? i have had that built in on my new mobo, and works just fine for me. well, it can be me that has good luck for once with my compu :cheers:

jnh

Loyal Freddie
me and someone else had the exact same problem in my thread in this section. timing out every 1-30 minutes randomly with no lag to cause it, i was unable to get past a certain file when patching the toa client... so i put an intel pro 10/100 in and ive not had a single problem, infact download speeds have increased and the other guy has also not had a problem since it seems :\ that 3com was dodgy... probably works great at 1gigabit speeds, but seems abit iffy at 100mb

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
well i added a different nic to my computer and voila! - i can now play :)

thanks very mucho to jnh - this seems like a 'feature' from mythic

now on to my adventuring :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom