Cannot connect, any ideas?

S

specialdave

Anyone able to help?

Have been trying to log on all night and when connection screen comes up just get 'retrying ... retrying ....' then cannot connect.

I see from home page that ppl appear to be online and everything was working yesterday and I logged out successfully when finished yesterday (was not online long enough to be affected by server crashing on excal). So any ideas?

W

wildsorcerer

have u instaled foundations ? coz we patched to 1.63 today

S

specialdave

Yep, downloaded and run the .exe file. But as it is an optional download that presumably should not make a difference.

S

specialdave

okay worked it out. Disabled my firewall and I can connect. reenabled fire wall and could not connect.

This has never been a problem before. Any ideas why it is a problem now? Or how I can configure my firewall to allow me access (Norton firewall btw - yes yes, corporate gits, crappy firewall, etc ... ;)) [apologies for being PC noob!]

O

old.Alliandre

I think the game.dll files been updated or something. My firewall asked if I wanted to permit it. You should have some option to allow that to connect. Otherwise you'll just have to go firewalless :(

A

allnewdave

as mentioned above, the game.dll has been updated. treat it as a new file.

Users who are viewing this thread