Cancer Research Program

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
Found this last night on a forum, thought it was worth a download. Its basically a program you run in the background while you have your computer turned on, and it uses your remaining CPU time / power to just process whatever data its sent (from what i gather). It wont slow your PC down at ALL, and its for a good cause, go for it tbh. And if you can be arsed, signup for the TFC team (all info is in this link), they are ranked 200ish out of 20000 or so teams, help them out a little too :p

All the detail is on this forum, with links to the site itself.

http://www.far2cool.com/topic.aspx?PID=700682&DNO=14

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodhunter said:
hmmm no ta, try off-topic thingy

This section is used more, the more people who use this the better.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
we are banned from using at work :( dont want to use valuable clock cycles at home .. need as much juice as possible ;-)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Toxx said:
Found this last night on a forum, thought it was worth a download. Its basically a program you run in the background while you have your computer turned on, and it uses your remaining CPU time / power to just process whatever data its sent (from what i gather). It wont slow your PC down at ALL, and its for a good cause, go for it tbh. And if you can be arsed, signup for the TFC team (all info is in this link), they are ranked 200ish out of 20000 or so teams, help them out a little too :p

All the detail is on this forum, with links to the site itself.

http://www.far2cool.com/topic.aspx?PID=700682&DNO=14
'

Already on the F@H program from Stanford, kinda the same thing I guess, but only have 1 cpu...

Thanatlos

Fledgling Freddie
Good cause, needs more people though, setting it up on all my pc's later (will kidnap family's pc's too after i get rid of all the spyware, at least this is productive)

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
And fry your pc cause it's running at 100% every single minute, no tanx I saw what RC5 did to me in a short time...

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Khale said:
And fry your pc cause it's running at 100% every single minute, no tanx I saw what RC5 did to me in a short time...

dunno about this program they are talking about, but with F@H you can set a "top" to use, set mine to 60%, so only running 60% all the time, which no CPU will be damaged by (as long as you turn off the PC once in a while ofc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom