Cancelled Eve?

W

whipped

It's the alternative to the Got Eve post.

Also, I cancelled my subscription and was just curious as to how many others had given up.

T

Tenko

Well as I bought the game on Saturday I ain't canceled it yet!

I actually cancelled my Planetside sub before buying EVE which may seem wierd as Planetside is a VERY fun game to play. I had problems with lag and fps issues which long with its lack of depth meant i felt it wasn't very good value for money at all.

EVE obviously has plenty of depth but does it have playability?

I'll come back and tell you in a couple of months (which was what i voted :))

R

Rah

... it's not like EVE can get any worse so I think I'll try it out for a few more months .... ;)

C

CobraMkIII

Like it said on my school report... "Has potential... will need to put in some hard work though"... :D

Let's see how addicted I am in 2 months time!

O

old.Kurt_Angle

For me there's lots of reasons to carry on playing.

Guess as it stands atm im in for the long haul.

That could change quiet easy though, depending on which voices they listen to in there forums.

Guess im branded a 'carebear' or whatever, because i just want to be put of the universe doing my own little things.

However the so called 'content' element, well im happy with it as it stands atm tbh.

We have a situation where those that want pvp can do so, and those that don't, ain't being forced into it or having the will of imature 'racists' forced on them.

That seems to be the slant, there's plenty of pvp going on, just that the main element of people doing it, want to force themselfs on those that don't:/

Im ccp go back in the direction where jort or whoever can sit outside stations blowing frigates out of the sky for fun, then ill be doing something else with my time..

Plain and simple

X

xane

The "carebear changes" made by CCP affected only the newbie hunters, as in empire space the sentry guns at stargates will only fire if you attack members of the same faction or corporation that owns the stargate.

In most cases this will be newbies in newbie starter corporations, anyone in a player run corporation is still fair game, but the newbie killer pirates don't want this lest they incur the wrath of the corporation itself.

Pirates with extremely low security ratings are expelled into non-empire space, as they are shoot on sight. Then again how did they get such a low rating in the first place ? By killing newbies thats how.

AFAIK those whining the loudest are those who lost their cheap and easy kills.

S

Slug

I have come to my senses and realised EVE is pretty Awfull, i will not be renewing my contract with them

R

Rubric

Like to change my vote from waiting 3 months to got bored.

Cant even log on half the time even after deleting my cache,

T

Tacticus

wont cancel, im in Xanadu corp, fighting the Venal alliance as one of the leaders of Fountain alliance. action all the time and lots of politics, scheming and other nice stuff :)

J

jo.

I too have got bored and won't be paying another months sub when this one runs out.

I got sick of waiting for them to get around to putting in the interesting stuff they said they would, while working at things like mining. I'm not paying £8 a month to work... games are meant to be fun fs.

P

pihlss

Originally posted by jo.
I too have got bored and won't be paying another months sub when this one runs out.

I got sick of waiting for them to get around to putting in the interesting stuff they said they would, while working at things like mining. I'm not paying £8 a month to work... games are meant to be fun fs.

mm must agree on that.

(I'm not paying £8 a month to work... games are meant to be fun fs. )

nice sentence

N

Neural Network

I'm thinking about cancelling every day, but I'm still paying (only playing very little). The problem is I really like to play a MORPG and EVE is the only one with a setting that appeals to me. But as most of the game still seems missing with no clue to when it's implemented I think I'll be heading for other not-MORPG games soon :(

S

Slug

Originally posted by pihlss
mm must agree on that.

(I'm not paying £8 a month to work... games are meant to be fun fs. )

nice sentence

Agreed

T

Tacticus

If all you do is mine then youre playing the game wrong. Get involved in the player made content. Im having an awesome time fighting the large wars over territory.

J

jo.

I was in a corp from day 1... a friend convinced me to play and abducted me into his corp the moment I started.

We mined... then mined again...
"when they put stations in, we'll get one of those"
Yea, that's great... until then I'll just pay £8 a month to spend 20 minutes flying somewhere to mine and then mine for an hour so I can afford to buy an upgrade to my ship that lets me do more mining... BEST. GAMEPLAY. EVER.

56k modems don't lend themselves to PvP, and seeing as how if I were to die (as I would do while learning to PvP, regularly), the only way to replace what I lost would be to do some mining for cash.

Take a look on the forums for people asking how to get started, and the only suggestion is that they mine.

The entire game seems to be based on a foundation of mining, which isn't fun in any way.
In Ultima Online the foundation seemed to be skills and money... this was good. You could go out of town and beat up mongbats with your fists until you could afford a sword, then use that sword to kill bigger things, and so on and so on, all the while gaining skills. Or you could sheer some sheep, make some cloth, then clothes and sell those. Or you could mine, and smith. Or you could etc etc... there were loads of ways to make money and raise skills. If you got bored of one way, you could go do another, all the while building up towards getting items you wanted, such as houses or items, and then you could become a banksitter and show off your lightsabre and Lord title. :)
I'd still be playing UO if everything I'd worked* at for over a year wasn't made so easy to get to the point where you'd see hoards of young characters (new account in it's first month) banksitting with their Lord title and Vanq' katana.
(* - technicly it was work, but I still have good memorys of sitting outside my guilds house training skills with my guild-mates, and how happy I was when I got my first GM skill (in tactics :)))

Hm, I seem to be babbling... in short, it's very hard for games to get "working" to... work. The working needs to be fun, or else it's not a game anymore.
Eve has failed dismally... maybe they could've got away with it if some of these "fun" things they plan on adding later on were in the game to begin with, so even though you were working, you could feel like you're working towards something. The only feeling I got while playing was that I was working because that's all I could do, and thus cancelled my subscription.

N

Neural Network

Well, that was it. This poll was started some month ago and I might have ticked “No, I'm waiting to see how it goes for a couple more months” back then, but I didn’t. Now it’s “Yes, got bored.” instead. I even complained in the beginning, but after getting into a good community I found a lot of joy in the game. But lately it’s been more like playing solitaire while chatting than a MORPG.
I didn’t delete or am planning on selling my account, with just a little improvement I might be tempted to play again.

B

billie_thekid

i cancel the game and went back playing daoc.
my point of view of this game its not have been released yet.sorry of my bad english is not my mother language.anyway here some experience i at with game a played few months ago,was that my computer crashed alot when i shot at pirates the first days.
i'll went myself to Gm channel ask what could be the problem ,no proper answer the could give me.i try solve the problem myself to install game again nothing happens all still the same.till i found forum where some other at same problem.
problem was the game option music sound need set off its bugg when you fight pirates:)lol fun no music when you fight pirates,music back on when you do your boring mining houres.and it works no crash the first low lvls.
then i bought me my new ship 1mill with everthing on it heavy guns,rockets and proud i was,music of al ready set here we go and i went mysellf to higher lvl pirate section.
i ported back in bodyback i lost my ship in few minutes becaus my computer crashed.hmmm let me think misic off hmmm in total i lost 3reapers,1ship forgot the name,2rifthers,1hoarder becaus of sleep mining,it verry comen in on EVE sleep mining:))
okey here point all those mining i did for nothing i lost about 10mill maybe more don't no anymore it sucks.
best off all in game is reading the GM channel off complaining poeple are stuck somewhere ur have other problems like me:)
only can say to people, try it out the game and watchout for computer crashs in pirate zones.
back to doac cheers and me you all have fun in space

F

Fafnir

I cancelled after having moo come into 1.0 sec system and blew my indy up, they even banned one of the moo's that did it for a day or two, cause they used some exploit, but i was not reimbursed in anyway, same with a rare bp i got from shooting down pirates, it went missing while in research, and nothing got done about that, and when posting a petition and get no reply for 2 weeks, then its just not worth it. Might try again in a few months and see if the game has improved.

D

Dr_Weasel

How many people are playing on the servers these days? I played in beta and there used to be about 3.5k at any one time.

I never bought the game as I thought it was lacking in content and I keep poping in here to see if things have improved. It sounds like its getting worse tbh...

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Dr_Weasel
How many people are playing on the servers these days? I played in beta and there used to be about 3.5k at any one time.

I never bought the game as I thought it was lacking in content and I keep poping in here to see if things have improved. It sounds like its getting worse tbh...

Same Doc, and reached the same conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread