Cancellation of ToA Events!

Durgi

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry foolks, but after consultation with the other toa event organisors we've been left with no choice but to cancelled any up and coming event we may have mentioned. This is solely due to the massive server lag experienced by mid/prydwen. It has coem to the stage, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to run any kind of decent event. Specially considerign as we have a nice selection of people working on the ml7 and above paths.. its will be extremely difficult to manage the encounters correctly with groups unable to fight, heal or do anythign effectively. I myself experienced around 40 seconds of lag whilst trying to kill battler today which did nothing but result in a total wipe out.

we'd rather cancel and not waste everyones time, than spend hours lag ghosting our way around zones and waiitng for ld's every 5 minutes. Again our deepest apologise, but under the current state of toa for us its unplayable on this scale.

D.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Wise choice imo, I wont be playing in toa zones AT ALL till this is fixed and tbh if this goes on much longer i can see people quiting . which is going to piss me right off tbh .. hard enough to keep a guild together as it is.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Even if they manage to fix the lag for Mid/ToA, wonder how they're planning to compensate the lost ML raids for Mids?
While other realms can work on their ML's, Mids have to cancel them because it's unplayable, and if we try it, many of us get LD as reward for many hours work.

As far as I've understood, the problem is mostly in Prydwen/Mid ToA, and not on Prydwen's other realms. So other realms have two (atleast?) extra weekends to work on their ML's compared to Mids.. So when they start returning to RvR after ML and artifact hunting, we're still struggling through same steps they had change to do long time ago.

Still, not much GOA can do to make up for Mids.. Unless they shut down ToA zone for Albs and Hibs for next few weeks while we catch up :(

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Stop pretending it's only mid/pryd that is affected .. you're not helping yourselves with it .. (the more people affected the faster GOA will have to fix it) and you're not helping albs and hibs with it (what my ld'ing every 5 minutes and constant lagspikes don't count?)

Don't talk along with GOA stating it's only Mid .. imo

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Shanaia said:
Stop pretending it's only mid/pryd that is affected .. you're not helping yourselves with it .. (the more people affected the faster GOA will have to fix it) and you're not helping albs and hibs with it (what my ld'ing every 5 minutes and constant lagspikes don't count?)

zzzz id suggest you have no clue what anyone is talking about ...

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:

I don't play in other realms on Prydwen so I only know what I happen to see in forums or GOA news.

Of course I'm not saying I wanna see other realms in same state, I want to see it fixed. But the reality is that if it's not this bad on Alb or Hib, we're getting left behind on ToA stuff because of this. Loads of people didn't finish our ML6 raid due to this yesterday, today ML4 raid was cancelled due to this. Trying to get artifacts or scrolls is impossible because of minimum 5 second lag that makes it impossible to heal/style/cast at all.

Nate

FH is my second home
all my raids will be cancelled until this is sorted aswell guys, can't believe i spent 4 days organising it. Managed to get 80+ people there who were willing to spend 3 hours+/- getting the trials done and all we could do was kill about 10 lousy red cons. If the whole of my raid doesn't receive credit for the trial (also want the Stormstone) im gonna have to either quit...or wait till 1.68 which ain't likely.

BimboBane

Fledgling Freddie
As GM of <Bulle af Fetstryk> we also prospone all ML raids for the time beeing.
This is totaly worthless and a totaly waste of time, a game this old with all the buggs still here after so longtime they realy pushes the luck of keeping the users in the game with the totaly lack of intrest in fixing the problem.
I spoke with a fellow mid GM on a FR server, huge surprise they have nothing like our problems, Spoke with a US GM, he asked me if i was pulling his leg when i said we had 5 to 15 seconds laag..

For how many years have prydwen been the lowest prio server? I say since day one.
Always first to go down, always last to get up again.

//BimboBane

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
agree with bimbobane pryd has always been lowest priority, wot disappoints me is i've cancelled plans to go out once or twice this weekend for in the end a game which i am horribly addicted to only to be slapped in the face by the very ppl i pay to play by lag so unbareable no one can run a raid

and to further add insult to injury we have a 5+ page petition signed by individual ppl all complaining bout the same thing and has our huge lag issues been fixed...
has hell frozen over yet?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Not even going to reply to Snoz tbh

Belorfyn said:
I don't play in other realms on Prydwen so I only know what I happen to see in forums or GOA news.

Of course I'm not saying I wanna see other realms in same state, I want to see it fixed. But the reality is that if it's not this bad on Alb or Hib, we're getting left behind on ToA stuff because of this. Loads of people didn't finish our ML6 raid due to this yesterday, today ML4 raid was cancelled due to this. Trying to get artifacts or scrolls is impossible because of minimum 5 second lag that makes it impossible to heal/style/cast at all.

I'm not claiming Mid doesn't have it worse then us ... but it's slighty silly that mids seem to insist it's only them experienceing it... I know 3 alb/pryd players that quit because they had the exact same thing ... 2 of which are IT professionals who have tried everything and anything to fix it and can play any other (online)game without a problem... and now I'm experiencing the same... just read trough the now 12 pages of this thread ... loads of albs /signed

It's silly becuase we seem to take the mid vs alb thing to things outside of the game as well ... and we ALL benefit from concluding that it's the whole of Pryd that is affected --> more "presure" on GOA

emma

Loyal Freddie
Shanaia said:
Not even going to reply to Snoz tbh

I'm not claiming Mid doesn't have it worse then us ... but it's slighty silly that mids seem to insist it's only them experienceing it... I know 3 alb/pryd players that quit because they had the exact same thing ... 2 of which are IT professionals who have tried everything and anything to fix it and can play any other (online)game without a problem... and now I'm experiencing the same... just read trough the now 12 pages of this thread ... loads of albs /signed

It's silly becuase we seem to take the mid vs alb thing to things outside of the game as well ... and we ALL benefit from concluding that it's the whole of Pryd that is affected --> more "presure" on GOA
thats 3 people that you know ;p, i may know know everyone in mid, but i can guarantee if all 600+ of the mid population were in toA they would be lagging like a biatch right now.

logged on at 3am in a desperate hope that the lag would be minimal so i could xp my artifacts, was it hell, still had 3-7 seconds lag and there was barely 100 people on the whole server.

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Solution ? Lets get hughe zerg up in every evening ( in delta for example ) and crash servers every feking evening to make freeking frogeaters work for money what they steal ( atm ) from us ...

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
Bibi said:
Solution ? Lets get hughe zerg up in every evening ( in delta for example ) and crash servers every feking evening to make freeking frogeaters work for money what they steal ( atm ) from us ...
hmmm.. since we cant play on ToA/Mid/Pryd (well, not well enough), we could "zerg" a few servers with all Prydweneers, just for a good laugh, making a bonedancer zerg or something else, and go emain or so :)
What we would gain?

1) a good laugh, always been fun doing lurikeen invasions
2) we get more attention from other servers/community, cuz if the server is full due to this, they will know why...
3) at least we can play in that time :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
not like anyone is forcing you to play toa, ive been doing just fine without it :D

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Someone said only the open ToA zones lag, and the dungeons aren't so bad?
If it's true, you could set groups to do the pre-reqs for ML5 and 7 - both of them take a few hours... and if you could get small groups through all the pre-reqs upto ML8, you can fly through the battlegroup steps when the server's fixed.

Sounds like a bitch though, but I guess it's what you get for having soo many fotm classes :p

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
not like anyone is forcing you to play toa, ive been doing just fine without it :D

Yes , but some ppl like RvR and u kinda need MLs/artifacts to be good enough ....

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Bibi said:
Yes , but some ppl like RvR and u kinda need MLs/artifacts to be good enough ....

rubbish, ive managed ok :p

and yes i like rvr too, doesnt mean i NEED toa or ML's :p

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
rubbish, ive managed ok :p

and yes i like rvr too, doesnt mean i NEED toa or ML's :p

Not on "personal" level, and I suppose even group could do okay with no ML's (though they would have (big?) disadvantage against for example group with tanks that have things like Bodyguard etc).

But as a realm, we need ML's because they make huge difference in things like keep and relic raids (as we've seen from our post-ToA experience so far).
And as a realm, we're getting left behind from other realms because they don't have these problems (not nearly as bad). So already I can see this affecting our performance and it'll only get worse all the time. ToA has been almost totally unavailable 3 days so far (and few weeks random lagginess before) so while we'll be still getting the ML's and artifacts we've missed during this time, Albs/Hibs can relic raid us non-stop and our ToA raiding will be very hard if we have to suicide out for relic defence every night.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well i can understand wanting ML's for relic raids and such but in the end its still a game and you dont NEED anything :p

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
well i can understand wanting ML's for relic raids and such but in the end its still a game and you dont NEED anything :p

^^^^^ Thats your option :) Some ppl are agreed with u , some not.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

Well, I'm kinda out of arguments. Though maybe you were too, since you used the "It's only a game/it's a game/etc" argument, which can be used on pretty much anything :)

Nope, it won't make my life worse, and I'll be okay, but we're talking about the game here after all, in these forums, and one could say it's done in-character too, up to certain point. This won't make my life worse, but Belorfyn the Spiritmaster sure won't like it and he feels this is most unfair.
I'll still keep playing, and probalby have fun, doing ML raiding, artifact hunting and all other things, but right now this makes my gaming experience worse, and it may have long going effects because of the inbalancing effect it could cause.

Ever since ToA came out, I've used almost all the time I've spent in game (=alot) either organizing ML raids for Mids or just doing normal leading business in our alliance, so we could be better as a realm against the in-game enemies that are the Albs and Hibs. I've been so busy with all this, that I have managed to activate whole one artifact so far :)
But because of all this, I think we've succeeded nicely in this, and even if Albs for example have their highest ML people in higher ML's than Mids, I'm pretty sure Midgard has more people through the ML5 for example, than other realms. This is all due to hard work by many people in Mid, myself, Durgi and others. Now the advantage we've got through our hard work may go to waste. Maybe this helps you understand better why I feel so bad about this server issue we're having.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

You mean i don't have to waste all my money getting my beautiful crafted armor and weapons i can just go out with my little bronze dagger and keel stuff...

woohoo yr a life saver
was just bout to waste my money on stuff i thought i needed :D

(and yes its a game but isn't any game more fun when u have a half decent chance of winning? ;))

Indio

Fledgling Freddie
Theoretically all three realms are running on the same server (Prydwen of course) so we should all be experiencing similar lag probs. Only time will tell if we stand at a disadvantage because we may have fallen behind with ML's.

Personally I don't think it helps having massive ML zergs when we know there's a lag problem anyway - although I dunno what we do about the really daft, stupid, ill-conceived ones like 4.2.

As for not having any ML sessions, well I am in the unenviable position of not having completed ANY ML's, only bits of ML1/2/4/6 so this is not helping at all.

Indio.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

What an assinine statement. It makes no difference whether people wantto do ToA for the prospect of better RvR abilities or for the sheer pleasure of it. Subscribers have bought the game and 'pay to play' as Mark Jacobs puts it. GoA should fix things.

When EQ released Planes of Power and were caught with their socks around their ankles (lots of old players re-activated their accounts) they took it on the chin and introduced a new server within days. Then they offered anyone who wanted a free transfer. Server upgrades - eventually - bah. They are not that expensive. I only wonder whether GoA have some sort of 'performance' level to maintain as part of their contract with Mythic which binds there hands.

I only hope this is not the route that Blizzard take....

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Indio said:
Theoretically all three realms are running on the same server (Prydwen of course) so we should all be experiencing similar lag probs. Only time will tell if we stand at a disadvantage because we may have fallen behind with ML's.

Personally I don't think it helps having massive ML zergs when we know there's a lag problem anyway - although I dunno what we do about the really daft, stupid, ill-conceived ones like 4.2.

As for not having any ML sessions, well I am in the unenviable position of not having completed ANY ML's, only bits of ML1/2/4/6 so this is not helping at all.

Indio.
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=10434

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with canceling events, lately I only get mad when trying to play with the lag

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
making pending quests at this moment :)
if need something to do for copple days? start dark places of soul quest, long and take alott time :)

dunno if todays maintenance in prydwen help mids lag in toa area? need work so can pay this "fun"

emma

Loyal Freddie
seems to days maintenance fixed the problem. atleast it did for me as there was virtually no lag at all while in ToA

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

Well it´s not like you´ll have it as easy to fine when people come out with 10-25% extra damage, speed and range. Not to mention all the nice artefact abilities and mls like bodyguard and grapple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom